Author Topic: chase sapphire  (Read 13727 times)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: chase sapphire
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2010, 07:47:36 PM »
so 25000 CO should be worth more than 250 cash..?
Yes.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline deals

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2010, 08:11:35 PM »
Yes.

only if you will be getting more miles in the future because just 250000 you will not be able to sell

Offline Jay the PRESIDENT

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2010, 08:22:19 PM »
only if you will be getting more miles in the future because just 250000 you will not be able to sell
how much will sell?
how much do these companies offer?

Offline deals

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2010, 08:59:06 PM »
usually its a minimum of 100.000 do you have any of getting more? maybe open the chase checkin account will give you another 25000 and another 25000 for a business  account

Offline Jay the PRESIDENT

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2010, 01:32:24 AM »
i can pull of maybe 75k   is it still worth transferring to CO?

Offline Avid Reader

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Five Star Gold, Marriott Silver, National Executive
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2010, 08:06:58 AM »
Personaly I'd do the CO.
1)You CAN sell even 25k,
2) You can build it up over time since they never expire.

Offline Avid Reader

• View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Five Star Gold, Marriott Silver, National Executive
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2010, 10:44:51 AM »
Anyone successfully churn the Sapphire? How soon after getting the first card can you sign up again?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2010, 12:41:38 PM »
Anyone successfully churn the Sapphire? How soon after getting the first card can you sign up again?
Yes, I've churned the Sapphire Preferred successfully.
There are no set in stone rules for Chase these days, they are telling some people 30, 60, or 180 days between apps.  It probably depends on a number of factors of which we'll never know.

Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Avid Reader

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2010, 09:21:40 AM »
Yes, I've churned the Sapphire Preferred successfully.
There are no set in stone rules for Chase these days, they are telling some people 30, 60, or 180 days between apps.  It probably depends on a number of factors of which we'll never know.

Any idea if churning plays a factor in the "Chase ban"? I'm doing this for someone else (I'm banned) and I don't want to ruin it for them.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2010, 12:29:53 PM »
Any idea if churning plays a factor in the "Chase ban"? I'm doing this for someone else (I'm banned) and I don't want to ruin it for them.
I hope not, I've churned dozens of Chase cards successfully and have a ton of credit with them.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2010, 06:07:18 PM »

How/why did you get banned?
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline Avid Reader

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2010, 06:59:07 PM »
How/why did you get banned?

No one really knows. I'm not officially banned, but they closed every credit account I had and refuse to open any new ones. Some possible reasons: I did some massive spending (for miles) in which I was just under maxing out on one of my biz cards, and then would pay it back in full every month. Could be they just lost too much money on it, or they got paranoid that  soon wont pay back one of those statements. I had a long talk with a cooperative chase rep (rare?) and he said that the only reason I was closed down was because I had way too much overall credit compared to my income, and if I close some other cards they would most likely reopen my chase cards.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2010, 07:31:49 PM »
No one really knows. I'm not officially banned, but they closed every credit account I had and refuse to open any new ones. Some possible reasons: I did some massive spending (for miles) in which I was just under maxing out on one of my biz cards, and then would pay it back in full every month. Could be they just lost too much money on it, or they got paranoid that  soon wont pay back one of those statements. I had a long talk with a cooperative chase rep (rare?) and he said that the only reason I was closed down was because I had way too much overall credit compared to my income, and if I close some other cards they would most likely reopen my chase cards.
Maxing out any cards is a huge red flag.  Try to use under 50% for every one of your cards if possible.

Offline Avid Reader

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2010, 11:30:50 PM »
Maxing out any cards is a huge red flag.  Try to use under 50% for every one of your cards if possible.

I was thinking on the biz cards it's not too bad because they don't show up on the CR. That just might be what did it.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2011, 04:39:10 PM »
Chase Sapphire Preferred ultimate rewards (UR) points can now be transferred to Hyatt points at a 1:1 ratio.
HGP award chart

They can also be transferred to BA and Continental as always.

If you have points from other no annual fee Chase cards with UR points (that can't be transferred to BA/CO/HGP) and then get the Sapphire Preferred, then you can transfer even points earned from the other cards into BA/CO/HGP.

You get 28,000 points after spending $3,000 and you get an annual 7% bonus points on all purchases.

Offline myb821

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2011, 04:47:05 PM »
Chase Sapphire Preferred ultimate rewards (UR) points can now be transferred to Hyatt points at a 1:1 ratio.
HGP award chart

They can also be transferred to BA and Continental as always.

If you have points from other no annual fee Chase cards with UR points (that can't be transferred to BA/CO/HGP) and then get the Sapphire Preferred, then you can transfer even points earned from the other cards into BA/CO/HGP.

You get 28,000 points after spending $3,000 and you get an annual 7% bonus points on all purchases.
correct me if im wrong but hyatt points done seem so valuable 12000 points for a mid range hyatt?

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2011, 04:48:27 PM »

What other cards with UR points are there (besides for the Chase Sapphire (not Preferred)?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2011, 04:58:24 PM »
correct me if im wrong but hyatt points done seem so valuable 12000 points for a mid range hyatt?
It all depends.  There are Park Hyatts in category 2 and there are hotels that can go for $500+ in category 5 or $1,000+ in category 6.

The real value in points is when there's an event going on in a place and rates go through the roof that the point rate is still the same.

Plus points can be transferred between members.

What other cards with UR points are there (besides for the Chase Sapphire (not Preferred)?
My Chase Freedom with Chase checking gives UR points (10 points per transaction, 1 point per dollar, 5 points per dollar in rotating categories.)

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2011, 05:46:10 PM »
It all depends.  There are Park Hyatts in category 2 and there are hotels that can go for $500+ in category 5 or $1,000+ in category 6.

The real value in points is when there's an event going on in a place and rates go through the roof that the point rate is still the same.

Plus points can be transferred between members.
My Chase Freedom with Chase checking gives UR points (10 points per transaction, 1 point per dollar, 5 points per dollar in rotating categories.)

A pity I cashed out my 25k Chase freedom (from the $250 bonus days).

Offline myb821

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2011, 05:57:16 PM »
A pity I cashed out my 25k Chase freedom (from the $250 bonus days).
u win some u lose some