Author Topic: Next Vacation - Ideas  (Read 1126627 times)

Offline SrulyP

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold; Hyatt Platinum; National Emerald EE; Hertz five star; Avis Five Star
Re: Next Vacation - Ideas
« Reply #4620 on: October 29, 2017, 11:30:27 AM »
Looking for a VERY (7+ bedrooms) large house that is walking distance to a shul for the this december. I am flexible with the area, it just needs to be a hot destination (orlando, atlanta, phoenix, texas...)

Offline stbaum

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4621 on: October 30, 2017, 07:30:22 AM »
Still trying to decide on Trip in January.  If I go to Australia for 1.5 week, which are the main place to be  (such as Syd, Mel etc)? Part of the trip a nice quiet beach is a must.
Great Barrier Reef not on your bucket list?
My greatest achievement? I am fluent in FRIENDS quotes

Offline yitzyul

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #4622 on: October 30, 2017, 09:26:09 AM »
Great Barrier Reef not on your bucket list?
Just trying to start my planning.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #4623 on: October 30, 2017, 09:55:07 AM »
Just trying to start my planning.
Take a look at any Sydney airfare post on ddms.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Wizmanison

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4624 on: November 02, 2017, 08:11:01 PM »
Let me know your honest thoughts on our MLE SR centered itinerary that is set for the end of next month:

Dec 17 LAX --> JFK
Dec 18 JFK --> AUH (EY J)
Dec 19 AUH --> CAI (EY Y)
Dec 20 CAI --> DXB --> MLE (EK Y) December 21
Dec 26 MLE --> SIN (Dec 27) --> DPS (Dec 29)
Jan 01 DPS --> KUL --> REP (Brief visit to Angkor Wat)
Jan 02 REP --> HKT (Possible visit to the Phi Phi Islands?)
Jan 05 HKT --> BKK
Jan 07 BKK --> DXB ( Stay in Dubai for a Night)
Jan 09 AUH --> JFK (EY J)
Jan 10 JFK --> LAX

Pretty much all that is booked is the EY flights for now. I originally wanted to fly out earlier and from LAX but availability was not the best and the fact that it’s been a mess with ANA the past few weeks made everything worse. Will hopefully be able to at least switch my outbound with them to the 17th and my inbound to an apartment suite, if it becomes available, as they had an equipment swap that day to a 77W.

As for the rest, I plan on booking this week and the next as I get a clearer picture of what and where I want to go/see. Any advice of places to visit or that are not worth it to visit are greatly welcome and appreciated :)

Will be landing at night in CAI probably staying in the JW and will probably hire a tour guide to drive us around to the pyramids and such… We leave that night for a several hour stop over in DXB and take the 2:45 flight to MLE. I did this so I maximize my time at the SR and get an early sea plane there. Will be spending 5 nights there (AGAIN please share any advice!). Not sure what we’ll do there for so long but I am sure we will love it.

Since we will be flying to JFK before our flight to AUH I was thinking I should get travel meals from pomegranate? Not sure if I should be ordering for our whole trip or just for until the end of MLE and then restock for the rest of our trip in SIN as I believe I heard there was some kosher food there.

Found an SQ flight for 18.5k + $100 stopover fee that’ll allow us to be in SIN for a night or two and then to Bali for the next 3 nights.

We then are considering visiting Angkor Wat. From there we will start our journey to Thailand. Probably best to start off in Phuket where we might take a ferry to visit the Phi Phi Islands for a night or two or just a day trip, then possibly Ho Ching Minh city and end off in Bangkok to take us back to Dubai. In Dubai we were thinking of renting a car, staying there for a night to explore the city, and drive to AUH for our flight back to the U.S.

Offline davidrotts63

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 26
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz Gold, Hyatt Member, BA Blue, Ebay banned, Amazon Prime
« Reply #4625 on: November 02, 2017, 10:00:24 PM »
Let me know your honest thoughts on our MLE SR centered itinerary that is set for the end of next month:

Dec 17 LAX --> JFK
Dec 18 JFK --> AUH (EY J)
Dec 19 AUH --> CAI (EY Y)
Dec 20 CAI --> DXB --> MLE (EK Y) December 21
Dec 26 MLE --> SIN (Dec 27) --> DPS (Dec 29)
Jan 05 HKT --> BKK
Jan 07 BKK --> DXB ( Stay in Dubai for a Night)
Jan 09 AUH --> JFK (EY J)
Jan 10 JFK --> LAX

Pretty much all that is booked is the EY flights for now. I originally wanted to fly out earlier and from LAX but availability was not the best and the fact that it’s been a mess with ANA the past few weeks made everything worse. Will hopefully be able to at least switch my outbound with them to the 17th and my inbound to an apartment suite, if it becomes available, as they had an equipment swap that day to a 77W.

As for the rest, I plan on booking this week and the next as I get a clearer picture of what and where I want to go/see. Any advice of places to visit or that are not worth it to visit are greatly welcome and appreciated :)

Will be landing at night in CAI probably staying in the JW and will probably hire a tour guide to drive us around to the pyramids and such… We leave that night for a several hour stop over in DXB and take the 2:45 flight to MLE. I did this so I maximize my time at the SR and get an early sea plane there. Will be spending 5 nights there (AGAIN please share any advice!). Not sure what we’ll do there for so long but I am sure we will love it.

Since we will be flying to JFK before our flight to AUH I was thinking I should get travel meals from pomegranate? Not sure if I should be ordering for our whole trip or just for until the end of MLE and then restock for the rest of our trip in SIN as I believe I heard there was some kosher food there.

Found an SQ flight for 18.5k + $100 stopover fee that’ll allow us to be in SIN for a night or two and then to Bali for the next 3 nights.

We then are considering visiting Angkor Wat. From there we will start our journey to Thailand. Probably best to start off in Phuket where we might take a ferry to visit the Phi Phi Islands for a night or two or just a day trip, then possibly Ho Ching Minh city and end off in Bangkok to take us back to Dubai. In Dubai we were thinking of renting a car, staying there for a night to explore the city, and drive to AUH for our flight back to the U.S.

looks cool and long. question is do you have a job?  ;P
(Quit) pulling out the flowers, and watering the weeds. -Peter Lynch

Offline yitzyul

• View Profile
« Reply #4626 on: November 02, 2017, 10:06:01 PM »
Take a look at any Sydney airfare post on ddms.
Is it just me or finding normal (without crazy stops) F class tickets to SYD or MEL nearly impossible?? (almost as hard as finding  non stop to Israel) I have been checking the whole month of Jan and nothing decent available on any airline....

Offline shwarmabob

• View Profile
« Reply #4627 on: November 02, 2017, 11:19:22 PM »
You need a full day (or 2) for Angkor. my 2 cents
the sites are far from each other, sundown on one of the mountain is also the thing to do there...

Offline Wizmanison

• View Profile
« Reply #4628 on: November 03, 2017, 12:49:32 AM »
You need a full day (or 2) for Angkor. my 2 cents
the sites are far from each other, sundown on one of the mountain is also the thing to do there...

Thank you so much! Appreciate the 2 cents

Offline CZ60

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4629 on: November 05, 2017, 10:26:34 PM »
My wife and I would like to go on one last hurrah. We've been to (in order):
Venice
London
Israel (would go again and again and again)
South France
Dubai
Maldives
LA
Bora Bora (I really should start/finish that TR)

We have chase, spg, and alaska points.
We want to avoid Zika.
We don't mind flying coach less than 6 hours (after sitting coach MLE-->DXB-->NYC, I put my foot down). We also don't mind paying for coach flights.

We were thinking Maui, for 7-9 nights. We were also thinking Morocco/Israel. Or a bunch of national parks with a few relaxation days in Scottsdale thrown in. We were also thinking australia but the flights are really keeping that option in check. Been looking for cathay NY-->HKG-->MEL/SYD but that last leg is impossible to find. Qantas is also really hard to find. I also don't feel like using all of my chase points on flights when there are many other destination options.

Ideal time to go away would be Feb-Apr so the weather in Europe kind of keeps that at bay. We are adventurous - looking for a 75/25 adventure/relax split.

Thanks for all of your help!!

Offline ludmila

• View Profile
  • Programs: Hilton Diamond,Marriott Platinum,SPG Platinum.
« Reply #4630 on: November 06, 2017, 12:17:08 AM »
Venice
London
South France
Dubai
Maldives
LA

We want to avoid Zika.
We don't mind flying coach less than 6 hours (after sitting coach MLE-->DXB-->NYC, I put my foot down). We also don't mind paying for coach flights.

We were thinking Maui, for 7-9 nights. We were also thinking Morocco/Israel. Or a bunch of national parks with a few relaxation days in Scottsdale thrown in. We were also thinking australia but the flights are really keeping that option in check. Been looking for cathay NY-->HKG-->MEL/SYD but that last leg is impossible to find. Qantas is also really hard to find. I also don't feel like using all of my chase points on flights when there are many other destination options.

Ideal time to go away would be Feb-Apr so the weather in Europe kind of keeps that at bay. We are adventurous - looking for a 75/25 adventure/relax split.

I like the Morocco/Israel idea, but Ill add a few more nights.
I was the Best,still the Best, and will always be the Best.
Pele Good,Maradona Better, George Best.

Offline Wizmanison

• View Profile
« Reply #4631 on: November 06, 2017, 12:25:38 AM »
Venice
London
South France
Dubai
Maldives
LA

We want to avoid Zika.

I would consider Hawaii if you have never been.

We just did Kauai for 5 nights and it was simply amazing. Here’s my recent TR

Offline Emkay

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #4632 on: November 06, 2017, 01:21:50 AM »
Venice
London
South France
Dubai
Maldives
LA

We want to avoid Zika.

Should be able to get the Great Wildebeest Migration in Tanzania that time. Throw in some Zanzibar if you want beaches also.

Offline CZ60

• View Profile
« Reply #4633 on: November 06, 2017, 03:00:26 AM »
Should be able to get the Great Wildebeest Migration in Tanzania that time. Throw in some Zanzibar if you want beaches also.
If my wife sees this, all other bets are off and I'll be stuck figuring this one out :)

Interesting idea! We're so game. We thought of Seychelles for a half second but also didn't want to spend a zillion points getting there. If I tell her there are animals involved, she'll swim.

Any TR's on this?

Offline CZ60

• View Profile
« Reply #4634 on: November 06, 2017, 03:03:51 AM »
I like the Morocco/Israel idea, but Ill add a few more nights.
Thanks, I would like to but we're not so sold on Morocco being the best of the options available. I don't mind adding nights, I could probably make this an 11 day ordeal. But we also said that we can go to Israel anytime, doesn't have to be our last big trip so that's why were hesitant.

Offline CZ60

• View Profile
« Reply #4635 on: November 06, 2017, 03:08:25 AM »
I would consider Hawaii if you have never been.

We just did Kauai for 5 nights and it was simply amazing. Here’s my recent TR
Some awesome pics! Hawaii definitely makes the top 3 for us. It's my #1 option and I've been trying to convince her for a few weeks now. If she sees Tanzania, Im doomed.

Offline mochjas

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 123
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
« Reply #4636 on: November 06, 2017, 06:57:24 AM »
Thanks, I would like to but we're not so sold on Morocco being the best of the options available. I don't mind adding nights, I could probably make this an 11 day ordeal. But we also said that we can go to Israel anytime, doesn't have to be our last big trip so that's why were hesitant.
i don't know where you should go but all I'm gonna say is. This will not be your last major trip you will definitely go on more after

Offline a mirrer

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #4637 on: November 06, 2017, 09:40:18 AM »
Is it just me or finding normal (without crazy stops) F class tickets to SYD or MEL nearly impossible?? (almost as hard as finding  non stop to Israel) I have been checking the whole month of Jan and nothing decent available on any airline....
you want to go in peak season on a route that is always difficult to get decent availability in

Offline yitzyul

• View Profile
« Reply #4638 on: November 06, 2017, 02:45:25 PM »
Somewhere within 5 hour flight of NY (Prefer not Panama) For November that is warm has nice water/beaches  (not to packed) and kosher food A+?

Offline mmgfarb

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4639 on: November 06, 2017, 02:46:23 PM »
Somewhere within 5 hour flight of NY (Prefer not Panama) For November that is warm has nice water/beaches  (not to packed) and kosher food A+?
Panama
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy