List of TR's:

Kosher Food/ Restaurants:

Synagogue:

Things to Do:

Hotels:

Getting Around:

Notes:

Please Update the Wiki

Author Topic: Tiberias, Israel Master Thread  (Read 27640 times)

Offline steve2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Tiberias- Holiday Inn, Is it built on a cemetary?
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2010, 02:01:33 AM »
Wow! what route ? the bikah?

yep at 160-180 it was abreeze, although very costly with gas being $7.40 a gal

I dont suggest it to anyone who isnt raelly familiar with the road, I can alomost drive it blindfolded

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2010, 02:08:37 AM »

You have a point, but the Mir is right there, and it's just impossible to control so many guys. But on the other hand, even though there are many guys by the hafgana, at the same time you can step into the Mir and have it full of people learning, so you've got all types.

No question and Im sure the Mir is NOT the only Yeshiva that would have been full of people learning. actually the R"Hs of The Mir have come out against all the Nonsense of these demos for yrs now, much to their Credit!

and no The Mir is in Beis Yisroel walking it would take 20+ mins to get over to Bar-Ilan where the demos were, alittle less to Kikar Shabbos but usually theres nothing at all happening in The Mirs immediate area

it reminds me of the schwarzers burning their own neighbors down. so they burn down their garbage bins and then the garbage will accumlate on the streets and they will have demos against the city for not providing any garbage bins and for not picking up the garbage.NUTS

Offline moish

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Plat, Avis, SPG Plat
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2010, 04:51:42 AM »
steve, if you were doing 160-180, it would take you a lot less than 2 hours. i was doing 140-160 the whole way on lag bomer and it took me 1.50 with some slowing down due to rain

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2010, 05:06:24 AM »
steve, if you were doing 160-180, it would take you a lot less than 2 hours. i was doing 140-160 the whole way on lag bomer and it took me 1.50 with some slowing down due to rain

is bika this dead sea road? if yes, at 180 you would have become part of the cemetery I'd say, it has very strong curves...

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2010, 06:56:45 AM »

not possible to do 160-180 as they are some decent curves where you MUST slow up or become part of the hway

then theres the Paz by Agaman 20ag disc per liter not as good as the Paz in Rosh Pina or Tiberias where its 30 ag discount

also you are gonna catch up to some slow pokes and will have to wait till U can pass them, but most of the time its very easy to hit and stay at 160/180

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2010, 07:00:53 AM »
is bika this dead sea road? if yes, at 180 you would have become part of the cemetery I'd say, it has very strong curves...

yep but if you know when to ease up on the gas and brake slightly those curves can be taken w/o riding the brakes the whole time.

it also helps that theres no one else in the car, so you know when to brace and no one whinning and telling U to slow down

again it is a very DANGEROUS road and I dont suggest anyone who isnt familiar with it by having driven it  afew times already to drive it at such speeds, even I every so often come across a very hairy curve that I took alittle to fast

Offline moish

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2010, 07:35:49 AM »
i shouldve mentiontioned that i took the 6 thats mostly smooth and straight

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 40K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15685
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime Plat, DL Dirt, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Avis Chairman, National EE, Hertz PC
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2010, 08:13:32 PM »
I found the HI Tiberias to be a great base for the North (Golan, Tzfas, etc.)  There's free parking which is nice.

There was a bad wing and a good wing of the hotel, my room was in the good wing and was very acceptable.  At $30 it was an absolute bargain, but even at $90 I'd say it's worth it.

Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2010, 08:17:19 PM »
I found the HI Tiberias to be a great base for the North (Golan, Tzfas, etc.)  There's free parking which is nice.

There was a bad wing and a good wing of the hotel, my room was in the good wing and was very acceptable.  At $30 it was an absolute bargain, but even at $90 I'd say it's worth it.

can you explain which is the good and which the bad so people will know which to go for? theres 1 wing that is close to the main rd and the other is set back a ways, arethese the 2 U are talking about and which is the bettter of them? and does it have a name to it?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 40K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15685
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime Plat, DL Dirt, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Avis Chairman, National EE, Hertz PC
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2010, 09:22:43 PM »
can you explain which is the good and which the bad so people will know which to go for? theres 1 wing that is close to the main rd and the other is set back a ways, arethese the 2 U are talking about and which is the bettter of them? and does it have a name to it?
http://www.dansdeals.com/archives/5335
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Deal Guy

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
Restaurant (Meat) in Tiberias with R' Landau or R' Aurbach hechsher
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2010, 05:00:55 AM »
I was told there is a place right past Sherry's (closer to the kinneret), that either has R' Aurbach, R' Rubin or R' Landau's hechsher (don't remember which one of these 3).
  Does anyone know the name of it?  Phone number?  Have you eaten there, and what can you say about it?

Offline moish

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2010, 05:55:18 AM »
next door. rubin. havent eaten there. theres also a nother dairy place with sushi under aurbach called "choc d's"

Offline Yordai Dooma

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Platinum, SPG gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE,
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2010, 10:06:00 AM »
I was told there is a place right past Sherry's (closer to the kinneret), that either has R' Aurbach, R' Rubin or R' Landau's hechsher (don't remember which one of these 3).
  Does anyone know the name of it?  Phone number?  Have you eaten there, and what can you say about it?

There is a fleishig place directly next door with Rubin hechsher. We ate there. It was pretty good, although nothing special. Im not a big fan of Israeli fleishig restaurants other than my standard shwarma lafa...
They were definitely better than the place up on the corner (cuizina) and they had much bigger portions than cuizina. They brought out like 7 different salads, all complimentary...

Offline Deal Guy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
Re: Tiberias, Israel Master Thread
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2010, 04:05:28 PM »
There is a fleishig place directly next door with Rubin hechsher. We ate there. It was pretty good, although nothing special. Im not a big fan of Israeli fleishig restaurants other than my standard shwarma lafa...
They were definitely better than the place up on the corner (cuizina) and they had much bigger portions than cuizina. They brought out like 7 different salads, all complimentary...
I remember the corner place (cuizina) from 3 years ago. Who gives the hechsher there?

Offline Yordai Dooma

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Platinum, SPG gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE,
Re: Tiberias, Israel Master Thread
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2010, 04:07:02 PM »
I remember the corner place (cuizina) from 3 years ago. Who gives the hechsher there?

Dont remember. Just remember it was a reliable one(at least my rav said it was)
Food wasnt all that great though...