Topic Wiki

List of TR's:

Kosher Food/ Restaurants:

Synagogue:

Things to Do:

Hotels:

Getting Around:

Notes:

Author Topic: Banff Master Thread  (Read 30624 times)

Offline tzifanya54

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Banff Master Thread
« Reply #465 on: May 16, 2017, 07:25:18 PM »
Well obviously not. But thats exactly what im wondering. Is that a deal killer. I have to figure out a place to use this certificate. Considering that I have to be in one place the whole time and i dont want to go to something like disney land (we are an outdoor kinda family), where is a good place to go that has a high concentration of natural beauty within a reasonable drive of the hotel? I have been almost all over the USA (47/50 states excluding AR, OK, and the real challenge AK). Id love to see something new. Banff is new. And its gorgeous. So its just seemed to almost work. Question is how big that "almost" is. From what im treading it seems i may be pushing things just a bit too far. So its back to the drawing board for me. Any ideas?
Are there hotel options in Vancouver?

Offline julienbortz

• Non-Elite Member
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: May 16, 2017, 07:49:59 PM »
You won't go wrong with either.
Thanks Dan, but has anyone stayed at both that preferred one over the other? Better location? Better overall property?

Offline RabbiGoldenberg

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: May 17, 2017, 12:10:21 AM »
Hey i know its far from ideal but why "ridiculous"? Shkia is at 930. I could still have 8 hours per day there even with driving 3 hours round trip. No? Lets pretend that i dont have any kids. Is it still ridiculous?
Why is Shkia a factor? You want to Daven with a Minyan or you want to have daylight to see the mountains? Were you planning on leaving the Rockies when it got too dark to see them?

Offline Specialized

• Non-Elite Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: May 21, 2017, 10:43:19 PM »
We just did a day trip to Kananaskis, and discovered that it works very well with children or for an erev Shabbos. We took the trail to Troll Falls and it is about a mile, wide enough for a stroller and not too rocky. The drive from Calgary was easy because it is so close.