Topic Wiki

Please post your questions in the correct thread. This thread, as the title clearly states, is for general Hawaii questions only.

If you have any questions that pertains to a particular island, post it in the appropriate island thread. See below for links to all island threads.

You'd get far better answers there, and chances are that your issue was already discussed at length too.

DansMeals: Hawaii For The Kosher Traveler:
-Part 1: General Info And The Island Of Oahu
-Part 2: The Big Island of Hawaii
-Part 3: Maui
-Part 4: Kauai

Related DD Posts:
-Ultimate Hawaii Mileage Chart and Everything You Need to Know About the Hawaiian Islands (2015)
-Trip Notes: Maui No Ka ‘Oi (2014)
-Trip Notes Kauai: Heaven On Earth (2014)
-The Hawaiian Islands. (2011)
-Traveling To Hawaii…With A 5 Month Old (2011)
-View From The Room (2011)
-Pearl Harbor…70 Years (2011)
-Shaloha! (2011)
-Hawaii Trip Notes: Kauai (2009)
-Hawaii Trip Notes: Oahu (2009)
-Which Miles To Use To Fly To Hawaii?

Related DDF Destination Threads:
-Big Island Of Hawaii Master Thread
-Kauai Master Thread
-Maui Master Thread
-Oahu Master Thread
-Lanai, Molokai, and Niihau, Hawaii Master Thread

Background on Hawaiian Islands
You've probably heard of Honolulu. That's the state capital and is located on island of Oahu, the main island with the largest airport. Honolulu hosts the famous Waikiki Beach and if you look at pictures, it looks like Miami. One long beach with a strip of hotels. Most DDFers say to go to one of the other 3 main islands which are less touristy and the hotels are more spread out. In no particular order, the other islands are Maui, Kauai and Hawaii (yes, that's the name of one of the islands. It's also known as The Big Island - confusing because Big Island sounds like it's the "Main Island", but Oahu is the main island). Direct flights from NYC only go to HNL. You can get direct flights from other cities (LAX, SFO, OAK, SJC, SAN, DEN, DFW, PHX, SEA, ORD as examples) to the other islands. Hawaii is amazing - have fun! The main airport codes are:
Oahu: HNL
Maui: OGG
Kauai: LIH
The Big Island: KOA, ITO (2 airports on 2 different sides of the island)

Interisland flights:
Hawaiian is the main interisland carrier and flies HNL, LIH, OGG, KOA, and ITO. They have countless flights each day and are nearly always on time - often even early. Never book a tight connection hoping that the interisland flight will be delayed.

Go and Island Air fly from HNL. Mokulele flies from HNL and KOA, as well as to Kapalua (JHM), Hana (HNM), Molokai (MKK), Lanai (LNY), and Waimea-Kohala (MUE) on the Big Island. Hawaiian's subsidiary Ohana flies HNL to MKK and LNY.

You can also use 5k AA, 6k UA or 7.5k HA miles each way to fly interisland. You can use 15k DL pesos for a RT interisland. United allows a free stopover on a round-trip, so for instance you can fly HNL-LIH-OGG-HNL for just 12K miles.
HA has several tiers, similar to DL, the lowest tier is the only one that's available using partner miles, but with HA miles you can purchase tickets that are otherwise unavailable for additional miles.

@Yehuda's thoughts on deciding between Kauai and Maui:
Here's a list of the main activities on both islands. Decide what interests you, and then you'll know where to go.

Kauai has what many say to be one of the best hikes in the world - Kalalau Trail. Most people will only do the first part, but it's still very highly regarded. The views atop Waimea Canyon are breathtaking, yet Maui also has breathtaking views at Haleakala. Kauai also has some supposedly awesome off-roading on Miloli'i Ridge Road. Sunset at the 12-mile long Polihale Beach is supposed to be quite the sunset. A helicopter tour of Kauai is generally said to be much better than a heli tour of Maui. If the water is calm, Queen's Bath, which is a natural pool in the ocean you can swim in that's protected from the ocean's force by hardened lava, is SICK, but Maui has the same thing by the Olivine Pools. Kayaking down the Wailua River to "Secret Falls" is supposed to be great as well. Of course, the luxurious, tropical amazingness of the Grand Hyatt Kauai is a huge boost for Kauai, except for its beach, but the great Po'ipu Beach is 5 minutes away.

Maui has the Road to Hana, which is an incredible drive through what feels like a rainforest with tons of opportunities to take small hikes to waterfalls and pools. It's just wow wow wow. Sunrise at the top Haleakala is not to be missed. A boat trip to snorkel by Molokini Crater offers what is supposedly some of the best snorkeling visibility in the world. Warren & Annabelle's Magic Show is supposed to be a great night out. The hotels are also magical, perhaps to a lesser degree than GHK, but the beaches by the main hotels are a big plus over GHK's beach. EDIT: The Grand Wailea in Maui is a gorgeous hotel that rivals the GHK (and its lazy river actually moves as opposed to GHK's ). Add in the fact that its beach (Wailea Beach) is swimmable and doesn't require the albeit short drive to Po'ipu Beach that the GHK does, I'm not sure that the GHK should be a reason enough to tip the scales in favor of Kauai over Maui anymore.

So, pick the types of activities you'd want to do and then you'll have your island. I personally liked Maui better mostly because of the Road to Hana, but to be fair, I did miss out on the Kalalau Trail in Kauai due to weather.
« Last edited by jj1000 on December 25, 2023, 10:30:33 AM »

Author Topic: Hawaii Master Thread: General Questions And Which Island To Visit?  (Read 483370 times)

Offline Cbs

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: HHonors Gold, Delta Diamond Medallion, AA Platinum Pro
Re: Hawaii Master Thread: General Questions And Which Island To Visit?
« Reply #440 on: February 12, 2013, 11:32:25 PM »
I wouldn't stay in Kona.
Look in Hilo or Volcano on VRBO
well if i will be flying into Kona on purim then id stay there for the party and drink and id stay there the night and then drive around next day and stay in hilo or volcano and then drive back tues. for flight

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #441 on: February 12, 2013, 11:33:10 PM »
Shliach has no place for ya?
There's also a SPG in Kona with C+P.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Cbs

• View Profile
« Reply #442 on: February 12, 2013, 11:35:38 PM »
Shliach has no place for ya?
There's also a SPG in Kona with C+P.
didnt ask , not sure i want to . for diff reasons. but well see.
im working on that for oahu otherwise ill be going to hostels :)

Offline bhphotoman

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: February 18, 2013, 07:47:12 PM »
need a answer rather quickly before wife gets home

is it worth going thursday to sunday basically just for shabbos if yes where to

thanks so much

Offline robi

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: February 18, 2013, 08:16:11 PM »
need a answer rather quickly before wife gets home

is it worth going thursday to sunday basically just for shabbos if yes where to

thanks so much
i would say no
"I'd rather be hated for who I am, then loved for who I'm not"

Offline lfas25

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: February 19, 2013, 11:40:00 AM »
I am not sure where to post this, so if this is the wrong location either move it or let me know where to post this.

My trip report from Hawaii

We flew direct from EWR to HNL on a Thursday afternoon. We had a 2 hour stopover before continuing on to OGG. Even though the tickets were bought separately, I had United tag our bags for transfer. This way we didn’t need to be busy getting our luggage and rechecking it in. It worked flawlessly.  We stayed in Maui until Thursday afternoon, then flew back to Honolulu until after Shabbat. Saturday night we flew back to Newark VIA Denver.
United does not offer any Kosher meals on this 11 hour flight even in 1st class as it’s a domestic flight.

MAUI:
I rented a Mustang convertible; I highly recommend a convertible (they rent Jeep Wrangler convertibles as well if you want an SUV).

Maui Revealed – This book is an amazing tour book. There is tons of info. It is definitely worth the read / purchase. There were several sites which we weren’t able to locate as it wasn’t as easily found or wasn’t located near where I interpreted to what was written. If you have an iPhone they do have the book in an app format and they say that they see where you are located and tell you what attractions are near you. I did not try this out.

Westin Ka’anapali – The hotel was a nice hotel. The rooms were your average hotel room. The fridge in the room was small, and they charge you for storage in the freezer. They supply you with bottled water for free. The pool area was magnificent and beautiful. There are several pools that are attached with waterfalls, water slides and tunnels, and there’s an almost private area under rocks hidden from the main pools. There is also an “adult” pool and hot tub on a higher level but in the same pool area. The beach is right in front of the hotel / pool area so you could just walk right off the property and you’re on the beach. There is also a very nice Koi pond with Flamingo’s in it. They offer a free photography session on the hotel property, and they give you 1 free print. If you would like to purchase the CD with all of the pictures it costs $100. We didn’t find the pictures / poses that were taken to be very good, but there are several different photographers there so you may have better luck. I walked along the beach almost to the Black Rock and this hotel definitely had the nicest property / pool in the area. (I didn’t go in the other direction)

Road to Hana – This was an amazing drive. We didn’t find everything we were looking for, but it was a lot of fun. We left Ka’anapali at about 7 am and got back about 12 hours later. We went around the entire way instead of turning around. There is a dirt road for several miles and we made it perfectly fine in the Mustang.
One site that stood out is Nahiku Rd. It’s a long road (about 2.5 miles until the end.) It looks almost like a steep driveway when you turn onto the road, but it’s actually a real road the entire way down! It was a real nice drive with nice scenery along the way. At the end of the road you get to the Kipakaone & Hoinolulu Nui Bays. It’s really nice there. The water was a beautiful blue, and the waves crashing on the rocks with a panoramic view made it a beautiful area.

Blow Hole & Olivine Pools – It was a nice drive, but nothing as dramatic as the road to Hana. It was very cool watching the blow hole. We couldn’t figure out how to get down there, so we couldn’t get up close and personal with it. (I saw the next day that someone broke their foot down there and the Fire Dept needed to carry her back up). The blow hole was blowing real strong when we were there and we got some nice video of it. The Olivine Pools looked a bit too dangerous when we got there, and the tide was pretty rough.

Haleakala – We left Kaanapali at about 3 am to get there early. If you have issues with motion sickness, I highly recommend you take Dramamine beforehand as the drive up is very curvy. It was a nice drive up even though it was pitch black. It was cool seeing headlights every now and then up the mountain. When we got to the “top,” the higher level was already full so the gate was closed. (Unless I didn’t realize until afterwards that I was able to go up higher, and so that is what I am convincing myself.) There were tons of people and buses there for Sunrise. We had a beautiful Sunrise. Afterwards, we went to the higher location and got some nice pictures there. In my opinion, it would have been much nicer to watch Sunrise there.

Kula Botanical Gardens – We went there after Sunrise. It was pretty close to the entrance to Haleakala. If I remember correctly, there was a $10 entrance fee. I’m not very much into Botanical gardens (but what don’t we do for the wife). It ended up being pretty cool as they had a lot of different and cool flowers.

Warren & Annabelle’s Magic Show – This show is in Lahaina and cost approx $120 for the 2 of us. They have 5 rotating magicians who perform there. When we went, the performers were John Shryock & Dana Daniels. We had a great time. It is a “dinner & show,” but you could tell them that you aren’t eating and they will tell you to come in later than everyone else. When you walk in, they put you into a room and you need to figure out how to get out. They give you hints to help you out. It was pretty cool. The theater is small and up close. When they are ready to go into the theater, try to be one of the first people in so you get a good seat up front. Although, even if you are in the back, you are not very far away. We had a very good time and enjoyed the 2 magicians that performed.

Lahaina – We went for a walk along the main drag. There are a lot of stores here. We found parking at the end of the street across from the School in a parking lot. There was a store right there in the beginning, I don’t remember the name, that had a nice variety of souvenirs. And we found them to be the cheapest store for the most part.

Maui Ocean Center – (Wailuku) – We went here one day as it was cloudy and not very nice weather outside. I thought that the entrance fee was a bit high, but once we went in we had a good time. They had a lot more than we thought they would. At the end of the aquarium they have a massive tank with Sharks, Stingrays and really huge fish. There is a spot where the tank goes over and underneath you, and you could see the fish swim above and beneath you. They have a gift shop with some really nice and expensive glass objects. For example, they had a bag with water and a fish inside, (it looked like something that you’d win at a carnival), that was entirely made of glass. It was really nice but a bit above my budget. (I think it was about $3500).

Shabbat Food – We got food for Shabbat from the Chabad on the island. They made food for us, which we then picked up a little before Shabbat from their house. The food was really good and they gave more than enough for the 2 of us.

Molokini  - I didn’t get to this snorkeling island, as I decided while on vacation I can’t get up earlier everyday then I normally do!! So we took it easy for the day instead and relaxed by the pool and got massages at the spa.

Oahu:

Honolulu – We stayed at the Ala Moana Hotel. The hotel was alright, nothing special. The only benefit of staying there is that the Chabad house is attached to the hotel, so you don’t need to walk far in order to get to the meals and davening. However, there is no eruv. In order to get to and from your room on Shabbos, you go to the Security Office and they bring you up to your room. Going down though, the Chabad Rabbi has their maintenance guy come pick you up. The Rabbi stays with his wife every Shabbos in the hotel.

Pearl Harbor – This is the only thing we did in Honolulu except for a long walk around the area. We had the hotel book us with a Shuttle. We were there for about 5 hours and did not get through the entire park. You need to get there early in order to be able to go out to the Arizona Memorial. They show you a video about the attack for about 45 min, and then you go on a boat out to the memorial. There are several Museums on premises as well, including the USS Bowfin (submarine). Off site there is an Airplane Museum and another ship that served in WWII. We did not get to the off-site exhibits as we were running out of time (Friday afternoon). There is a fee to go to the off-site exhibits. They do not allow any bags in the park, so you need to drop it off at a check in area for a small fee (I think it was $3).

I would like to thank all the members of DDF for all the help you gave me on planning and executing this trip. I would not have had half the fun I did without you!!!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 12:17:46 PM by lfas25 »
I only paid 15% by switching to dansdeals

Offline Devorah

• View Profile
« Reply #446 on: February 19, 2013, 01:02:06 PM »
I am not sure where to post this, so if this is the wrong location either move it or let me know where to post this.

My trip report from Hawaii

We flew direct from EWR to HNL on a Thursday afternoon. We had a 2 hour stopover before continuing on to OGG. Even though the tickets were bought separately, I had United tag our bags for transfer. This way we didn’t need to be busy getting our luggage and rechecking it in. It worked flawlessly.  We stayed in Maui until Thursday afternoon, then flew back to Honolulu until after Shabbat. Saturday night we flew back to Newark VIA Denver.
United does not offer any Kosher meals on this 11 hour flight even in 1st class as it’s a domestic flight.

MAUI:
I rented a Mustang convertible; I highly recommend a convertible (they rent Jeep Wrangler convertibles as well if you want an SUV).

Maui Revealed – This book is an amazing tour book. There is tons of info. It is definitely worth the read / purchase. There were several sites which we weren’t able to locate as it wasn’t as easily found or wasn’t located near where I interpreted to what was written. If you have an iPhone they do have the book in an app format and they say that they see where you are located and tell you what attractions are near you. I did not try this out.

Westin Ka’anapali – The hotel was a nice hotel. The rooms were your average hotel room. The fridge in the room was small, and they charge you for storage in the freezer. They supply you with bottled water for free. The pool area was magnificent and beautiful. There are several pools that are attached with waterfalls, water slides and tunnels, and there’s an almost private area under rocks hidden from the main pools. There is also an “adult” pool and hot tub on a higher level but in the same pool area. The beach is right in front of the hotel / pool area so you could just walk right off the property and you’re on the beach. There is also a very nice Koi pond with Flamingo’s in it. They offer a free photography session on the hotel property, and they give you 1 free print. If you would like to purchase the CD with all of the pictures it costs $100. We didn’t find the pictures / poses that were taken to be very good, but there are several different photographers there so you may have better luck. I walked along the beach almost to the Black Rock and this hotel definitely had the nicest property / pool in the area. (I didn’t go in the other direction)

Road to Hana – This was an amazing drive. We didn’t find everything we were looking for, but it was a lot of fun. We left Ka’anapali at about 7 am and got back about 12 hours later. We went around the entire way instead of turning around. There is a dirt road for several miles and we made it perfectly fine in the Mustang.
One site that stood out is Nahiku Rd. It’s a long road (about 2.5 miles until the end.) It looks almost like a steep driveway when you turn onto the road, but it’s actually a real road the entire way down! It was a real nice drive with nice scenery along the way. At the end of the road you get to the Kipakaone & Hoinolulu Nui Bays. It’s really nice there. The water was a beautiful blue, and the waves crashing on the rocks with a panoramic view made it a beautiful area.

Blow Hole & Olivine Pools – It was a nice drive, but nothing as dramatic as the road to Hana. It was very cool watching the blow hole. We couldn’t figure out how to get down there, so we couldn’t get up close and personal with it. (I saw the next day that someone broke their foot down there and the Fire Dept needed to carry her back up). The blow hole was blowing real strong when we were there and we got some nice video of it. The Olivine Pools looked a bit too dangerous when we got there, and the tide was pretty rough.

Haleakala – We left Kaanapali at about 3 am to get there early. If you have issues with motion sickness, I highly recommend you take Dramamine beforehand as the drive up is very curvy. It was a nice drive up even though it was pitch black. It was cool seeing headlights every now and then up the mountain. When we got to the “top,” the higher level was already full so the gate was closed. (Unless I didn’t realize until afterwards that I was able to go up higher, and so that is what I am convincing myself.) There were tons of people and buses there for Sunrise. We had a beautiful Sunrise. Afterwards, we went to the higher location and got some nice pictures there. In my opinion, it would have been much nicer to watch Sunrise there.

Kula Botanical Gardens – We went there after Sunrise. It was pretty close to the entrance to Haleakala. If I remember correctly, there was a $10 entrance fee. I’m not very much into Botanical gardens (but what don’t we do for the wife). It ended up being pretty cool as they had a lot of different and cool flowers.

Warren & Annabelle’s Magic Show – This show is in Lahaina and cost approx $120 for the 2 of us. They have 5 rotating magicians who perform there. When we went, the performers were John Shryock & Dana Daniels. We had a great time. It is a “dinner & show,” but you could tell them that you aren’t eating and they will tell you to come in later than everyone else. When you walk in, they put you into a room and you need to figure out how to get out. They give you hints to help you out. It was pretty cool. The theater is small and up close. When they are ready to go into the theater, try to be one of the first people in so you get a good seat up front. Although, even if you are in the back, you are not very far away. We had a very good time and enjoyed the 2 magicians that performed.

Lahaina – We went for a walk along the main drag. There are a lot of stores here. We found parking at the end of the street across from the School in a parking lot. There was a store right there in the beginning, I don’t remember the name, that had a nice variety of souvenirs. And we found them to be the cheapest store for the most part.

Maui Ocean Center – (Wailuku) – We went here one day as it was cloudy and not very nice weather outside. I thought that the entrance fee was a bit high, but once we went in we had a good time. They had a lot more than we thought they would. At the end of the aquarium they have a massive tank with Sharks, Stingrays and really huge fish. There is a spot where the tank goes over and underneath you, and you could see the fish swim above and beneath you. They have a gift shop with some really nice and expensive glass objects. For example, they had a bag with water and a fish inside, (it looked like something that you’d win at a carnival), that was entirely made of glass. It was really nice but a bit above my budget. (I think it was about $3500).

Shabbat Food – We got food for Shabbat from the Chabad on the island. They made food for us, which we then picked up a little before Shabbat from their house. The food was really good and they gave more than enough for the 2 of us.

Molokini  - I didn’t get to this snorkeling island, as I decided while on vacation I can’t get up earlier everyday then I normally do!! So we took it easy for the day instead and relaxed by the pool and got massages at the spa.

Oahu:

Honolulu – We stayed at the Ala Moana Hotel. The hotel was alright, nothing special. The only benefit of staying there is that the Chabad house is attached to the hotel, so you don’t need to walk far in order to get to the meals and davening. However, there is no eruv. In order to get to and from your room on Shabbos, you go to the Security Office and they bring you up to your room. Going down though, the Chabad Rabbi has their maintenance guy come pick you up. The Rabbi stays with his wife every Shabbos in the hotel.

Pearl Harbor – This is the only thing we did in Honolulu except for a long walk around the area. We had the hotel book us with a Shuttle. We were there for about 5 hours and did not get through the entire park. You need to get there early in order to be able to go out to the Arizona Memorial. They show you a video about the attack for about 45 min, and then you go on a boat out to the memorial. There are several Museums on premises as well, including the USS Bowfin (submarine). Off site there is an Airplane Museum and another ship that served in WWII. We did not get to the off-site exhibits as we were running out of time (Friday afternoon). There is a fee to go to the off-site exhibits. They do not allow any bags in the park, so you need to drop it off at a check in area for a small fee (I think it was $3).

I would like to thank all the members of DDF for all the help you gave me on planning and executing this trip. I would not have had half the fun I did without you!!!

Nice TR!

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #447 on: February 21, 2013, 12:37:52 PM »
Huh? Methinks you were misinformed.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Fan of Dan

• View Profile
« Reply #448 on: February 21, 2013, 12:40:32 PM »
@ lfas25  nice TR was worth the wait!

Offline lfas25

• View Profile
« Reply #449 on: February 21, 2013, 01:30:06 PM »
Huh? Methinks you were misinformed.

I called after I booked the flight and I was told there is no Kosher option but she put me in for the request anyway.
When we were flying the flight attendant told me that they don't offer Kosher food and he didn't have anything to offer besides the snacks that were kosher if I want.

Offline lfas25

• View Profile

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: February 21, 2013, 01:44:59 PM »
I called after I booked the flight and I was told there is no Kosher option but she put me in for the request anyway.
When we were flying the flight attendant told me that they don't offer Kosher food and he didn't have anything to offer besides the snacks that were kosher if I want.
Write to them.  I got $200/ticket for not having a kosher meal IAH-HNL.  We did get it HNL-EWR, so no $400 for that :D
UA.com clearly says you get kosher flying First to HI.

Offline lfas25

• View Profile
« Reply #452 on: February 21, 2013, 01:52:16 PM »
Write to them.  I got $200/ticket for not having a kosher meal IAH-HNL.  We did get it HNL-EWR, so no $400 for that :D

I complained to them and they gave us 5k bonus miles each

Offline Cbs

• View Profile
« Reply #453 on: February 21, 2013, 01:52:32 PM »
What email address do you write to for that?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: February 26, 2013, 07:13:33 PM »
Does Chabad of Hawaii daven towards the west?
Anyone ever ask a Rov?

http://www.kosherjava.com/maps/zmanim.html

Offline SavingsBigtime

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: February 26, 2013, 07:26:02 PM »
Does Chabad of Hawaii daven towards the west?
Anyone ever ask a Rov?

http://www.kosherjava.com/maps/zmanim.html
ate u tring to say mabey in New York daven to the west and it will eventually get to Jerusalem 
Don't know what u were taught but u always daven east.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: February 26, 2013, 07:34:42 PM »
ate u tring to say mabey in New York daven to the west and it will eventually get to Jerusalem 
Don't know what u were taught but u always daven east.
Background discussion:
http://www.dansdeals.com/archives/28722/comment-page-1#comment-235112
http://www.dansdeals.com/archives/28722/comment-page-1#comment-235156

Offline SavingsBigtime

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: February 26, 2013, 09:06:31 PM »
Sorry about that i am on a iPhone was writing from there and read ur tr from there , just was not following up on the comments from there since every time u hit the comments u first have to go through the 16 pages of the tr, sorry Dan as much as I like reading the tr , to read the comments I'm not interested to read the first 16 pages again that's why I dint see we're u coming from. ;)

Offline E-MAN

• View Profile
« Reply #458 on: March 01, 2013, 04:32:13 PM »
I'm trying to fly to Hawaii for a week (Sunday-Sunday) in May and would like to use my AMEX MR points. I'm trying to find saver availability in business class flying non-stop from Newark on United. I would like to book through Singapore Airlines so I can use my MR points (120k), but when I called they told me there was no availability at all for any Sunday - Sunday in May. Does anyone have any suggestions of how I can go about finding availability or booking this itinerary with MR points?

Offline sky121

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: March 01, 2013, 04:38:22 PM »
I'm trying to fly to Hawaii for a week (Sunday-Sunday) in May and would like to use my AMEX MR points. I'm trying to find saver availability in business class flying non-stop from Newark on United. I would like to book through Singapore Airlines so I can use my MR points (120k), but when I called they told me there was no availability at all for any Sunday - Sunday in May. Does anyone have any suggestions of how I can go about finding availability or booking this itinerary with MR points?

There is availability May 6- May 13  -It's coach on the way there and Business on the way back but you can try booking with a plan B ticket.
"Not all who wander are lost"