Author Topic: Stopover on CO reward ticket  (Read 2303 times)

Offline Devorah

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Stopover on CO reward ticket
« on: April 28, 2010, 05:06:15 PM »
I know that CO doesn't allow a stopover on a domestic ticket, but I was wondering what the max connection time allowed is.  I know AA allows 4 hours max and I think UA allows up to 24.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
Re: Stopover on CO reward ticket
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 05:17:40 PM »
I know that CO doesn't allow a stopover on a domestic ticket, but I was wondering what the max connection time allowed is.  I know AA allows 4 hours max and I think UA allows up to 24.

4 hrs but at times if you arrive on a late flight and there isnt any flight till the morning they allow you to overnight but will put you on that 6am flight the next morn or whatever time the 1st flight out is

sometimes you can exceed the 4 hrs as well even thou it shouldnt be allowed. DL does allow stopovers but I believe only at 1 of their Hubs

Offline Devorah

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 05:18:42 PM »
Thanx

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 05:36:09 PM »
Generally the max connection time on a domestic ticket is 4 hours or the next possible flight if there is no connection within 4 hours.

On an international ticket the max connection time is 24 hours.

CO does allow a stopover on a domestic award for 35K miles, and they also allow stopovers on Hawaii awards for 40K miles.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline dealer

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2010, 11:39:56 AM »
Generally the max connection time on a domestic ticket is 4 hours or the next possible flight if there is no connection within 4 hours.

On an international ticket the max connection time is 24 hours.

CO does allow a stopover on a domestic award for 35K miles, and they also allow stopovers on Hawaii awards for 40K miles.

Dan , whatsup, great meeting you at the ramada, hope you're enjoying the rest of your trip.   what's the max amount of stopovers on an international ticket, and can you only book multiple stops on the phone, or is it easy to do online?

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2010, 11:50:09 AM »
 Im not Dan but I believe its 1 stop over in the US and 1 stop over Overseas

thats besides being able to have a layover of < 24 hrs. Last yr I went NY-CDG spent the day, took the last flight to BUD.Spent Shabbos then on Sun flew to PRG stayed a few days then flew to CDG overnighted and flew back to NY the next morn

Basically what I had was a NY-PRG tkt with a stop over in BUD (only 1 stopover allowed with CO) since both CDGs were less then 24 hrs they didnt count as a stop over. This was when CO was still with SkyTeam dont think its possible now the same way as no *A Carrier flys non-stop BUD-PRG so at least with CO it shouldnt be possible maybe with another *A Carrier it is

Offline dealer

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2010, 01:03:28 PM »
Im not Dan but I believe its 1 stop over in the US and 1 stop over Overseas

thats besides being able to have a layover of < 24 hrs. Last yr I went NY-CDG spent the day, took the last flight to BUD.Spent Shabbos then on Sun flew to PRG stayed a few days then flew to CDG overnighted and flew back to NY the next morn

Basically what I had was a NY-PRG tkt with a stop over in BUD (only 1 stopover allowed with CO) since both CDGs were less then 24 hrs they didnt count as a stop over. This was when CO was still with SkyTeam dont think its possible now the same way as no *A Carrier flys non-stop BUD-PRG so at least with CO it shouldnt be possible maybe with another *A Carrier it is
thanks steve, if i wanted to fly from israel to switzerland ,
1) how many <24 hour stopovers do i have
2) and how many > 24 hour stopovers do i have?
3) and does it have to be in a direct line, or could i zig zag

Offline mordys

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2010, 02:44:24 PM »
Continental allows one stopover and one open-jaw. One way to take advantage of this rule allows you to get a free one way ticket in the US.  For example, if I was going NYC-TLV-NYC, I'll book the ticket NYC-TLV (as the destination)-NYC(stopover for a few weeks, moths,etc.)-LAX. Viola, free one way ticket to LA. 
You can change the date of the last leg (NYC-LAX) for free within 21 days of the flight.
Similar stuff is allowd on US and AA.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2010, 02:47:59 PM »
Continental allows one stopover and one open-jaw. One way to take advantage of this rule allows you to get a free one way ticket in the US.  For example, if I was going NYC-TLV-NYC, I'll book the ticket NYC-TLV (as the destination)-NYC(stopover for a few weeks, moths,etc.)-LAX. Viola, free one way ticket to LA. 
You can change the date of the last leg (NYC-LAX) for free within 21 days of the flight.
Similar stuff is allowd on US and AA.

True but good luck getting a FC seat to LA or SF

Personally Ive never done it since I can earn 3500 EQMs going to LA and usually its cheap enough that I dont mind paying

Offline Lou Bob

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2010, 08:17:35 PM »
btw, united is 4 hrs tops
Always use an Amex, you'll thank me one day.