Author Topic: BA MILES: Leveraging Strike canceled flights elite status and miles  (Read 1603 times)

Offline eliteflyer

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
With a strike set to start in just a few days:

According to BA.com,: "British Airways Executive Club members will continue to earn BA Miles and Tier Points for flights cancelled due to any strike action."

See here for more details: http://www.britishairways.com/travel/strike-ballot-faq/public/en_us

I would imagine that this is meant to be in the scenario that you rebook with another carrier or for some reason (not presently known to me) choose not to accept a refund for your canceled flight.

I wonder what implications this will have....

Offline SuperFlyer

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Dude, no implications.
If you know a date they might strike, you book fully refundable First class tickets, and either they strike, and you earn the miles, or you cancel.

Lhr-mel/syd is a good departing point.

Offline Deal Guy

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
Dude, no implications.
If you know a date they might strike, you book fully refundable First class tickets, and either they strike, and you earn the miles, or you cancel.

Lhr-mel/syd is a good departing point.

Please note
•All changes must be made prior to the departure of the original flight.
•Bookings made after 10 May are not covered by these guidelines.
•If you claim a full refund and then discover your original flight is going to operate, you will be treated as a new customer and can purchase a ticket at the prices available at the time.
•If you rebook onto a flight outside of the strike period and subsequently discover that your original flight is going to operate then you will be allowed to rebook back onto the original flight at no extra cost, subject to availability.

Offline SuperFlyer

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
I didn't check the TOS, however, the only problem is the 10th May, all the rest less, as we were talking about a refundable ticket.

Offline interested

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
how do you know about the may 10 deadline, i was not able to find it on the ba website.
thanks

Offline Deal Guy

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
how do you know about the may 10 deadline, i was not able to find it on the ba website.
thanks

1- When using the above link, On the left side, click one of the traveling between x and x, links.
2- Then click on, "what are my reboking options now".
3- Scroll down to the bottom