Author Topic: Getting you wait listed business class seat on a Continental reward ticket.  (Read 2158 times)

Offline menny

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Hi I recently booked a Business class reward ticket for December and for one segment (LAX-Newark) I am wait listed for a business class seat.
Does anyone know of any tricks on how I can push the wait listed seats through.
Thanks

Offline eliteflyer

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Is this a business first trans-Atlantic award?

Your best bet for having the seat clear is to be a platinum member. Depending on the day of the week and of the month, the likelihood of the upgrade clearing is slim to none on such an elite-heavy route where business travelers will often purchase the first class seats.

If you see mileage availability open up on the seat, call them and ask them to confirm you into it (although its supposed to be automatic, Ive seen otherwise). Alternately, if there is another flight with open seats in First that will get you where you want to go, ask them to confirm you on that flight.

Safe travels!

Offline menny

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
Thank you.
The flight is LAX- Newark and its a red eye so im hoping it wont be as full as trans-Atlantic flights.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
 the LAX & SFO to/from EWR are the hardest seats to get, no way will they release those seats till day of travel if then , yes they have no problems usuualy selling those seats either at full price or as Y or B ups. It wont help even if a person is a Plat

I would look at say LX LAX-ZRH-TLV or any *A European Carrier that serves LAX, it will beat CO as a Slam Dunk.Remember CO doesnt use wide-bodies out of LAX
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 02:44:33 PM by steve2 »

Offline moish

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Plat, Avis, SPG Plat
paging daniel

Offline menny

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
What International Star Alliance Airlines serve LAX - NYC maybe i can get continental to put me on one of those flights. Im flying into LA on Thai and dont want to end off my trip in Economy. I know United will be impossible to find saver point rewards as well on that route.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
What International Star Alliance Airlines serve LAX - NYC maybe i can get continental to put me on one of those flights. Im flying into LA on Thai and dont want to end off my trip in Economy. I know United will be impossible to find saver point rewards as well on that route.

into NY non-stop CO or UA, add US with a stop somewhere no Intl Carriers are allowed to fly passenegers between any 2 US cities unless they Inbounded with that same Carrier

did you look into flying West instead of East = fly to Europe then NY as long as U dont want/need to be in LA

or fly from Asia with say ANA who flys into JFK I believe., most Asian Carriers gave up on the east coast and fly into LAX or SFO only

UA into EWR or JFK with JFK being best for Biz or FC , EWR being better for E+ seating

« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 10:12:59 AM by steve2 »