Author Topic: Getting Started  (Read 4696 times)

Offline Awainer1

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Getting Started
« on: November 26, 2012, 03:32:11 PM »
Hey guys looking for some help.  I just started reading about all this.  I applied for a Chase Sapphire Preferred and got denied because of my income being too low.  I am only making 20k a year right now even though my rent is really cheap with they asked about.  My credit was pretty high I cant remember exactly what.  I've had a credit card that my parents paid off for  a while.  Right now I have a wells fargo credit card with a 7000 credit line.  Any recommendations on where to go next?  All the cards seem good to me and I want as many miles/points/benefits as I can get.  Thanks!

Offline MEIR613

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
Re: Getting Started
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 03:51:59 PM »
Hey guys looking for some help.  I just started reading about all this.  I applied for a Chase Sapphire Preferred and got denied because of my income being too low.  I am only making 20k a year right now even though my rent is really cheap with they asked about.  My credit was pretty high I cant remember exactly what.  I've had a credit card that my parents paid off for  a while.  Right now I have a wells fargo credit card with a 7000 credit line.  Any recommendations on where to go next?  All the cards seem good to me and I want as many miles/points/benefits as I can get.  Thanks!

Does anyone else give you money? The banks are expecting you to spend a certain amount if you tell them your making 20k + paying for rent ex. $600 that's 7.2k a year in just rent. That leaves you only spending 1k a month.  So far them they are nervous you'll spend more. So you should put down every penny anyone gives to you and of course your imagination :)

Offline rots5

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
    • Custom Cakes for Every Occassion
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 04:53:49 PM »
Does anyone else give you money? The banks are expecting you to spend a certain amount if you tell them your making 20k + paying for rent ex. $600 that's 7.2k a year in just rent. That leaves you only spending 1k a month.  So far them they are nervous you'll spend more. So you should put down every penny anyone gives to you and of course your imagination :)

lol :-) im a dreamer  ;D
If you have any questions please search and then ask. PM me for detailed help.

Offline whacked1

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2012, 12:51:04 AM »
I'm a beginner to churning. The only chase card that I currently have is the chase sp and I would like to reapply for cards. It's almost a yr since I got the card. 1)which cards should I apply for (i would like to do a 3bm) 2)what do I do to keep my chase points without getting the yearly fee (If downgrading is the ans than what should I dwngrd to?). Thanx

Offline txtmax4

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2012, 12:58:46 AM »
How long is your credit history overall? And what about the average credit age?
I'm a beginner to churning. The only chase card that I currently have is the chase sp and I would like to reapply for cards. It's almost a yr since I got the card. 1)which cards should I apply for (i would like to do a 3bm) 2)what do I do to keep my chase points without getting the yearly fee (If downgrading is the ans than what should I dwngrd to?). Thanx
If You See Something, Say Something!!

Offline whacked1

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Getting Started
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2012, 01:04:23 AM »
not sure what your question is, but my I have CC's for about 5 yrs I never actually checked my score but was never late to a payment

Offline Awainer1

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2013, 08:35:16 AM »
Just got approved for chase sp ink bold and ink plus.  Waiting to hear on the amex blue and spg.  Checked my credit score last night and it was around 790 doing a FAKO.  Still don't know how to check how many pulls I had.  Have a feeling it was a few.

Offline rots5

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
    • Custom Cakes for Every Occassion
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2013, 08:36:42 AM »
Just got approved for chase sp ink bold and ink plus.  Waiting to hear on the amex blue and spg.  Checked my credit score last night and it was around 790 doing a FAKO.  Still don't know how to check how many pulls I had.  Have a feeling it was a few.
ok and now what?
If you have any questions please search and then ask. PM me for detailed help.

Offline Awainer1

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2013, 08:37:47 AM »
BTW i put that my income was 30000 this time as I do get handout from the fam and income from selling stuff on ebay which I also used to get the business cards.   Excited to get them in the mail!  Going to use bluebird to hit threshhold checked yesterday at cvs and they had vanilla reloads that cashier said you can load with a cc.  Here we go...

Offline mmermss

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2013, 08:38:13 AM »
You can check up identitymonitor to check up how many pulls.  It should be 3- two from Chase for mixing consumer and business cards in a 3bm and one from Amex. 
It's not about the quantity of your posts.  It's about the quality.

Offline Awainer1

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2013, 08:40:54 AM »
thanks! I was kind of all over the place when I was applying.  Did you pay the first 30 days 1 dollar deal or do people actually pay the monthly fee.  Somehow I doubt that.  Or is there a way to do it for free?

Offline mmermss

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2013, 08:42:10 AM »
thanks! I was kind of all over the place when I was applying.  Did you pay the first 30 days 1 dollar deal or do people actually pay the monthly fee.  Somehow I doubt that.  Or is there a way to do it for free?
You pay one dollar for the first 30 days the cancel. You can churn it..search how to do that.  People do keep it monthly to get updates from them.

Offline Awainer1

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2013, 08:53:35 AM »
I had 4 pulls.  2 from chase and 2 from amex.  This makes sense because I got rejected from amex in november and then reapplied for a different card in december.  I am trying to get reconsidered for those 2 cards.  My credit score is 748.  However I have applied for credit 6 times in the last 12 months.  Im guessing this means I need to wait a while before applying for any more cards

Offline mmermss

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2013, 08:57:24 AM »
I had 4 pulls.  2 from chase and 2 from amex.  This makes sense because I got rejected from amex in november and then reapplied for a different card in december.  I am trying to get reconsidered for those 2 cards.  My credit score is 748.  However I have applied for credit 6 times in the last 12 months.  Im guessing this means I need to wait a while before applying for any more cards
Why you guessing that?  ???
Read up some threads here and youll learn a lot.  Depending on your score you can apply for more than 6 CC's in 12 months.

Offline Awainer1

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2013, 08:58:23 AM »
Ok Ill keep reading I already have learned a lot still have a long ways to go

Offline Awainer1

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2013, 08:39:04 AM »
Got accepted for the amex spg.  So now have that plus Chase sp, ink plus, and ink bold.  I also got my blue bird card in the mail less than a week after signing up.  I'm debating whether I want to try to purchase gift cards from office supply stores to buy the vanilla reloads or hold off on that.  I called office depot and they said they have 500 dollar visa gift cards.   I might try one and see if it works and then go from there but I have to spend 13,000 in 3 months.  Gonna be kind of a chore but worth it. 

Offline MAJ

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2013, 02:26:08 AM »
i have no credit history other than being an au on fathers amex. was declined last week on a a 3bm with chase for all three. seems like my next step should be a gap like cc. should i be waiting some time for that? going to the store (am in israel now so would have to wait till bein hazmanim)?

Offline Lou Bob

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2013, 02:33:10 AM »
i have no credit history other than being an au on fathers amex. was declined last week on a a 3bm with chase for all three. seems like my next step should be a gap like cc. should i be waiting some time for that? going to the store (am in israel now so would have to wait till bein hazmanim)?
student credit card. I always suggest wells fargo student card, but others say cap1. Why hit all 3 reports when u could hit only 1? Idk. Go figure...
I have a friend that got 4 or 5 denials from a few banks cuz no credit, and didn't wait long before applying and getting accepted for the wf student card. So u prob shouldn't have a problem with that one
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 02:38:33 AM by Lou Bob »
Always use an Amex, you'll thank me one day.

Offline MEIR613

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2013, 02:37:36 AM »
Did you call recon?

Offline MAJ

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2013, 02:51:38 AM »
called once, they told me as i have no credit history, they dnt give cc's on faith. was advised in another topic that there is no point in huca