Author Topic: Vort on the Parsha Master Thread  (Read 1809 times)

Offline avadah

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Vort on the Parsha Master Thread
« on: June 25, 2014, 04:01:28 PM »
Anyone have a good vort on Chukas?

Offline bzam99

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Vort on the Parsha Master Thread
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 04:06:34 PM »
great thread

mareh mekomos are welcomed also

Offline ad120

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 04:07:43 PM »

Offline EP123

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2014, 04:34:59 PM »
When the Parsha starts telling us about the Parah Adumah, the Pasuk starts "זֹאת חֻקַּת הַתּוֹרָה אֲשֶׁר צִוָּה יְהֹוָה לֵאמֹר" Parah Adumah is a Chok, and in general we find that by Chukim the torah starts off with "זאת חוקת" as we see by Korban Pesach "זאת חוקת הפסח".

The Orh Hachaim (my favorite go to guy for the Parsha) asks; The posuk should have said "זאת חוקת הטומאה", which would mean "This is the Chok of tumah..Parah aduma..", but instead the posuk says "זֹאת חֻקַּת הַתּוֹרָה". As if these laws of Tumah are the essence of the torah.

The Ohr Hachaim explains that in regard to Tumas Meis we find that there is a difference between a Yid and a Nochri, a Meis Nochri is only M'tameh with direct contact, but a Jewish Meis is M'tameh even by just being near or under the same roof.

There was never this distinction before Matan Torah, everyone was all the same and had the same mitzvos. It was only after matan torah, when hashem chose the Yidden as his nation, at that point we become one with Hahsem, so this started attracting many other impure forces who want to be yuneq from kedusha thru attaching themselves to us.

So therefore the halachos of Parah Adumah only affect us because of the Torah. זֹאת חֻקַּת הַתּוֹרָה this is the Chok of the Torah and that is why the posuk was framed that way.

The lesson learned from this is that since we see that we are connected as one to Hashem, which causes other forces to try piggybacking on our signal, we should use out our signal and connection to Hashem to the fullest. Everyone lfum shiuro diley

Offline avadah

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2014, 05:42:40 PM »
Very nice!

Offline Toasted

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2014, 09:41:44 AM »
Excellent stuff by Rabbi Wein.

Offline EP123

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2014, 01:52:20 PM »
Anyone have any non July4th parsha vort?

Online Alexsei

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
    • Travel & Kivrei Zadikim
  • Programs: COVID-23
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2023, 05:29:04 PM »
From https://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/2823295/jewish/Dvar-Torah-Questions-and-Answers-on-Bamidbar.htm

"שאו את ראש כל עדת בני ישראל"
“Take a census of the entire assembly of the Children of Israel.” (1:2)

QUESTION: Bamidbar is known as “Sefer Hapekudim” — “The Book of Numbers” — because in it a census of the Jewish people is taken twice. Why were the Jewish people counted?

ANSWER: When non-kosher food gets mixed with kosher food there are various laws regarding its nullification so that the kosher food becomes permitted again. Sometimes it is sufficient merely for the kosher food to be a majority (bitul berov) and in other cases the minority becomes nullified in a majority which is 60 times larger (bitul beshishim). However, there is a Rabbinic ruling that “Davar shebeminyan afilu be’elef lo batul” — a thing which is sold by individual count is considered so significant that it cannot become nullified regardless of the quantity of the food with which it is mixed. (See Mishnah Orlah 3:6,7 and Beitzah 3b.)

Hashem knew very well that the Jewish people’s sojourn in the wilderness was temporary. They would continue to Eretz Yisrael and, years later, would be dispersed to all corners of the world. Eventually, Jews would be a small minority in some communities. By counting each Jew, Hashem designated him as a “valued entity” and thus, regardless, of how greatly outnumbered the Jewish people might be, they would retain their identity and never be assimilated, G‑d forbid.

(חידושי הרי"ם, ועי' לקוטי שיחות ח"ב)
Jews ≠ Zionists
Palestinians ≠ Hamas
Satmar ≠ SatmarHQ

Online HudZ

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Torah
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2024, 02:56:57 PM »
@Moshe Green sent this very nice dvar Torah this week, it was in middle of a random thread that you possibly may not be following so I am forwarding it here...

I would like to share my vort on Parshas Shekalim. [If you are in a bathroom, please skip]

The Pasuk says, "The rich man should not give more (than a half Shekel) and the poor man should not give less."

My question is as follows. We know that the Torah talks in accordance to the Yetzer Hara. For example, because a person honors his mother more, the Torah says "Honor your father and mother", putting father first because it is the harder thing to do. This is opposed to holding ones parents in awe where the Pasuk says mother before father ("Your mother and father you should fear.")

If so, we know that "One who has 100 wants 200." That the more one has the more he wants. As we know, the rich man has a harder time giving away his money than an average person. Thus, the Torah should have said the opposite, "The rich should not give less and the poor should not give more"!

We must say that the definition of rich and poor is not how we generally think, that its about money and how much he has of it. The real definition of rich/poor is like the Mishnah says, "Who is rich? One who is happy with his lot".

Someone who is happy with all that he has and has the frame of mind that Hashem has given him everything he needs, will be in such a state of euphoria that he will constantly be wanting to give. More and more. Thus when the Torah tells him to give 1/2 a Shekel, he'll want to give 10. 20. 100! No, says the Torah. "Stop at 1/2".

But the one who always feels lacking. That he never has enough. He will have such a hard time giving even the 1/2. I need that money for myself. How can i afford it? The Torah tells him, "1/2! Nothing less."
אין עוד מלבדו

Online jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2024, 03:26:55 PM »
@Moshe Green sent this very nice dvar Torah this week, it was in middle of a random thread that you possibly may not be following so I am forwarding it here...

I would like to share my vort on Parshas Shekalim. [If you are in a bathroom, please skip]

The Pasuk says, "The rich man should not give more (than a half Shekel) and the poor man should not give less."

My question is as follows. We know that the Torah talks in accordance to the Yetzer Hara. For example, because a person honors his mother more, the Torah says "Honor your father and mother", putting father first because it is the harder thing to do. This is opposed to holding ones parents in awe where the Pasuk says mother before father ("Your mother and father you should fear.")

If so, we know that "One who has 100 wants 200." That the more one has the more he wants. As we know, the rich man has a harder time giving away his money than an average person. Thus, the Torah should have said the opposite, "The rich should not give less and the poor should not give more"!

We must say that the definition of rich and poor is not how we generally think, that its about money and how much he has of it. The real definition of rich/poor is like the Mishnah says, "Who is rich? One who is happy with his lot".

Someone who is happy with all that he has and has the frame of mind that Hashem has given him everything he needs, will be in such a state of euphoria that he will constantly be wanting to give. More and more. Thus when the Torah tells him to give 1/2 a Shekel, he'll want to give 10. 20. 100! No, says the Torah. "Stop at 1/2".

But the one who always feels lacking. That he never has enough. He will have such a hard time giving even the 1/2. I need that money for myself. How can i afford it? The Torah tells him, "1/2! Nothing less."

Very nice. Thanks for sharing!
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline Moshe Green

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2024, 03:29:53 PM »
Very nice. Thanks for sharing!
TY Hudz and JJ.