Topic Wiki

Let's go!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1244090048/1811542881?token=dec302de

But please, please don't donate instead of tzdakah! I'd feel horrible if you do that.
« Last edited by meshugener on May 11, 2014, 10:01:39 PM »

Author Topic: Lucky's Latest Adventure  (Read 235716 times)

Offline moish

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Plat, Avis, SPG Plat
Re: Lucky's Latest Adventure
« Reply #100 on: June 03, 2013, 12:44:36 PM »
The 5-8 part TRs are usually 6 on the planes, 1 on the hotel, and 1 on the place.
My take is that pics of the plane and hotel are nice, but they don't deserve their own post and are covered just fine in 1 TR.

dont forget the one in the lounge

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #101 on: June 03, 2013, 12:49:10 PM »
dont forget the one in the lounge
Too boring to even glance at :P
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline moish

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 03, 2013, 12:52:17 PM »
Too boring to even glance at :P
absolute snorefest

Offline sky121

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 03, 2013, 12:57:58 PM »
My general feeling is that it's good to have different bloggers writing in different ways. To each their own. Different people enjoy different things.
"Not all who wander are lost"

Offline moish

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 03, 2013, 01:00:34 PM »
i actually found the best part of the tr's was the comments from the commentator who has since been banned

Offline zek

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: June 03, 2013, 01:02:22 PM »
For instance, the report he was gushing over how he was called Mr. soandso by the flight attendant, able to take a shower on the plane, lie down in a bed and get free alchohol in a little isolated area - that stuff is only exciting because it's on an airplane. If he was talking about the same thing in his apartment, it would get no attention (obviously). I just don't get why doing these things on an airplane is considered such a luxury. I would honestly be more happy with a couple of screwdrivers and a book in a regular seat talking with all of the "regular people".

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #106 on: June 03, 2013, 01:09:45 PM »
For instance, the report he was gushing over how he was called Mr. soandso by the flight attendant, able to take a shower on the plane, lie down in a bed and get free alchohol in a little isolated area - that stuff is only exciting because it's on an airplane. If he was talking about the same thing in his apartment, it would get no attention (obviously). I just don't get why doing these things on an airplane is considered such a luxury. I would honestly be more happy with a couple of screwdrivers and a book in a regular seat talking with all of the "regular people".
Then I take it you've never flown F internationally on a non-US carrier.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #107 on: June 03, 2013, 01:10:04 PM »
i actually found the best part of the tr's was the comments from the commentator who has since been banned

So let me get this straight --

His trip reports are, in your opinion, an "absolute snorefest" among other glorious platitudes, yet you still not only read them, but read the comments to them with enough concentration and effort know what certain commentators say?

I'll mention nothing of the fact that you seem to be admitting that the best part of his TRs are the certain comments which are nothing but disgusting, hate-filled venom.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #108 on: June 03, 2013, 01:11:02 PM »

He's stated as much:

I hear your point as well. I would probably enjoy one of those flights- def not happening any time soon :)
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline zek

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 03, 2013, 01:18:43 PM »
never flown F on US carrier either. Most of my travel is for business where F is not the norm.

Offline Drago

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 03, 2013, 01:26:55 PM »

haters will hate

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 03, 2013, 01:50:34 PM »
Ain't that the truth.

Offline moish

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 03, 2013, 03:53:10 PM »
So let me get this straight --

His trip reports are, in your opinion, an "absolute snorefest" among other glorious platitudes, yet you still not only read them, but read the comments to them with enough concentration and effort know what certain commentators say?

I'll mention nothing of the fact that you seem to be admitting that the best part of his TRs are the certain comments which are nothing but disgusting, hate-filled venom.
you should go back and see what my quote was referring to. i wasnt talking about the full tr.

Offline moish

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 03, 2013, 03:55:35 PM »
haters will hate
i didnt read them all but whenever one caught my eye i thought they were funny. it could very well be that there were some that crossed the line

Offline meshugener

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Freedom 10X10 Exclusives, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive, Hertz 5 Star, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
« Reply #114 on: June 04, 2013, 12:11:43 AM »
Cute but not true.
Love me or hate me. I still love you.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 04, 2013, 12:21:18 AM »

It's not a little isolated area, it's a full fledged bar with a $10,000+ entry price and people have plenty of extra time so yes it's a good place to be.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline gold

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 04, 2013, 12:43:59 AM »
It's not a little isolated area, it's a full fledged bar with a $10,000+ entry price and people have plenty of extra time so yes it's a good place to be.

Are you talking about Gan-Eden !?!

Offline Drago

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 04, 2013, 01:13:56 AM »
i didnt read them all but whenever one caught my eye i thought they were funny. it could very well be that there were some that crossed the line
I recall reading the comments once over by Gary, and there were some personal attacks against him for being whiny, spoiled, etc.
Not cool at all.

Offline moish

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 04, 2013, 07:01:26 AM »
I recall reading the comments once over by Gary, and there were some personal attacks against him for being whiny, spoiled, etc.
Not cool at all.
so those arent funny

Offline Drago

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 04, 2013, 07:29:56 AM »
so those arent funny
yea, they just come off sounding jealous