Author Topic: Code for Underage wavier with Hertz  (Read 6061 times)

Offline steve2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Code for Underage wavier with Hertz
« on: May 28, 2010, 05:40:58 PM »
 when just picking up my car the person helping the other person asked my guy for the code to wavier the Fees for the underage driver. He didnt know and couldnt find it 9I ddint know it even existed). The mgr came in and showed her where he wrote it down on a piece of paper

So I looked over the counter and saw 144830 written down and thats what she punched in. I guess it goes in the PC box on a res. i dont know if its for Hertz system wide , only the Local Editions or what but it cant hurt to try and find out

Hopes it helps someone out

Offline aussiebochur

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
Re: Code for Underage wavier with Hertz
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2010, 05:48:33 PM »
when just picking up my car the person helping the other person asked my guy for the code to wavier the Fees for the underage driver. He didnt know and couldnt find it 9I ddint know it even existed). The mgr came in and showed her where he wrote it down on a piece of paper

So I looked over the counter and saw 144830 written down and thats what she punched in. I guess it goes in the PC box on a res. i dont know if its for Hertz system wide , only the Local Editions or what but it cant hurt to try and find out

Hopes it helps someone out
Any idea if its under 21 or under 18?

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2010, 05:57:37 PM »
Any idea if its under 21 or under 18?

I highly doubt any company will rent to someone under 18, but you never can tell

No but some companies Underage starts at 25, so if todays is your 25th BD you are safe if Mon is and U need to rent today = SOL

Offline ceejay

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2010, 06:10:38 PM »
Its for 21-24 and Hertz is having a promo now till the end of june

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2010, 06:18:02 PM »
Its for 21-24 and Hertz is having a promo now till the end of june

so why didnt U post about it , if U knew about it???

im way over 24 but posted the info in case it might help someone out w/o knowing it was a promo.i thought that was why we have these forum sto help others even if we dont help ourselves

please in the future dont hold the info to yourself when it just might help others save some $$

Offline Crazy tools

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Club, Avis Presidents, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Executive Elite, SPG Gold
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2010, 06:36:54 PM »
nicely done steve2, I always try leaning over the counter, but I was never succesfull in getting codes!!! Just got a nice stack of second driver forms from Avis, now when I do underage rentals I go in with it filled out for the 2nd driver, this way it looks more official & they just sign the form even though it says you must be 25

Offline ceejay

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2010, 07:06:34 PM »
so why didnt U post about it , if U knew about it???

im way over 24 but posted the info in case it might help someone out w/o knowing it was a promo.i thought that was why we have these forum sto help others even if we dont help ourselves

please in the future dont hold the info to yourself when it just might help others save some $$

Im sorry I didnt realize that no one knew about the deal. I thought since it was advertised (on various forums) I wouldnt need to. In the future I will try to post more deals if I see them.

Anyways here it is http://www.hertz.com/rentacar/specialoffers/index.jsp?targetPage=save25dayyoungrenter.jsp&Category=W&TabLink=tlink1 and its actually valid till sept 30

nicely done steve2, I always try leaning over the counter, but I was never succesfull in getting codes!!! Just got a nice stack of second driver forms from Avis, now when I do underage rentals I go in with it filled out for the 2nd driver, this way it looks more official & they just sign the form even though it says you must be 25

While avis might not realize that the second driver is under 25 you can in trouble if something chas veshalom happens
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 07:13:30 PM by ceejay »

Offline Crazy tools

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Club, Avis Presidents, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Executive Elite, SPG Gold
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2010, 10:18:29 PM »
yeah I know that it can be trouble for the second driver, but I would have a taynah that the rental agent signed it, I hope never to find out.
(but if chas vesholom it happens to s/o on the forum please post about it, I don't mean I don't want to find out at all!!)