Topic Wiki

The wiki is divided into groups for "fact" and "opinion." Please feel free to add whichever facts you know and opinions you have. Please try to avoid cluttering the wiki with unnecessary information such as outside links.

Please do not delete anything from this wiki.  If you disagree with an opinion, feel free to post your own. If you disagree with a fact--well, that's your opinion, and feel free to post it under opinions!

Facts
The flu vaccine causes more deaths per year than chicken pox.
The direct injection of RSV immunoglobulin, commonly known as the "RSV vaccine" would prevent 16x more deaths than the flu vaccine does, but is too expensive.
There is a vaccine for the plague, and that is why it is no longer an epidemic.
Ebola is caused by vaccines.
There is a vaccine for autism, but it causes mumps.

Opinions
Vaccines do not contain thimerosal, a known toxin.
If you snuck up on your neighbor's kid and cut open his skull, you would be arrested.  But when brain surgeons do it, and charge hundreds of thousands of dollars, it considered "medicine."
99% of vaccines do not cause autism (HT JJ1000).
Every pedi has seen healthy kids become sick physically & mentally hours after a vax (HT Baryochai)
Vaccines cause cancer, infertility, astma, adhd etc (HT Baryochai)

Poll

Did You Get The Flu Vaccine This Winter?

Yes (Shot)
121 (37.6%)
Yes (Nasal Spray)
5 (1.6%)
No
196 (60.9%)

Total Members Voted: 320

Author Topic: Vaccine Discussion Master Thread  (Read 544521 times)

Online jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
Re: Did You Get The Flu Vaccine This Winter?
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2013, 09:29:29 PM »
If you are not a doctor, listen to your doctor. Any doc that hears us talking will laugh and think "noob", just like you think "noob" when a new DDFer asks some silly question. It's laughable to hear from people who have no clue how to read medical statistics (me included), or even know where to go to read the studies, listen to someone who claims that their relative died from a vaccine, when he probably he died from an unknown cause after receiving a vaccine, but that's besides the point. If you were never trained in medicine be smart and listen to you doctor, not your great-aunt.
And how do you decide between doctor A and doctor B?
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline Lamdan

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2013, 09:32:54 PM »
And how do you decide between doctor A and doctor B?
Ask YOUR doctor, I hope you pick someone you trust, because if you don't listen to your doctor, ein ledavar sof, you can always find a respected dissenting opinion. You have to trust your doctor, after that I believe you did your hishtadlus, the rest is in the hands of Hashem. Because if you have to second guess your doctor, and google all his decisions, Lo shavkes chayee.
DD.com Main Site Deals 0 = DDF Loser

Online jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2013, 09:34:18 PM »
Ask YOUR doctor, I hope you pick someone you trust, because if you don't listen to your doctor, ein ledavar sof, you can always find a respected dissenting opinion, you have to trust your doctor, after that I believe you did your hishtadlus, the rest is in the hands of Hashem. Because if you have to second guess your doctor, and google all his decisions, Lo shavkes chayee.
IME Doctors actually like a patient who googles before going in for an appointment.

Offline Lamdan

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2013, 09:35:01 PM »
IME Doctors actually like a patient who googles before going in for an appointment.
b4, not after!!!
And even b4 IME sometimes they are annoyed, (which I believe they're wrong for being annoyed).

Online jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2013, 09:37:42 PM »
b4, not after!!!
And even b4 IME sometimes they are annoyed, (which I believe they're wrong for being annoyed).
Yes after also, at the next appointment. You need a good doctor though, not one who just works in the mega-hospital machine.

Offline Lamdan

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2013, 10:11:09 PM »
Yes after also, at the next appointment. You need a good doctor though, not one who just works in the mega-hospital machine.
I don't know any doctor who if he tells you to take a vaccine, and you Google and come back and say that you read it's dangerous, who'll appreciate it. And I have a great doctor, not one who just works in the mega-hospital machine.

Offline churnbabychurn

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2013, 10:31:08 PM »
I know my Doctor for 28 years. He's not part of a conspiracy, get the shots!

Offline Lamdan

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2013, 10:31:46 PM »
I know my Doctor for 28 years. He's not part of a conspiracy, get the shots!
+1,000

Offline Lamdan

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2013, 10:36:01 PM »
In Lakewood, ALL the pediatricians (besides one who is retiring/being retired from chemed) strongly urge all to get all possible shots.
How was that a reply to my post?

Online jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2013, 10:38:03 PM »
I don't know any doctor who if he tells you to take a vaccine, and you Google and come back and say that you read it's dangerous, who'll appreciate it. And I have a great doctor, not one who just works in the mega-hospital machine.
Obviously if you just say your wrong blah blah blah the doctor would be annoyed, but if you bring in facts a good doctor would gladly dispute them for you. (Just saying I was one of the first if not the first kid in the US to get the chickenpox vaccine)

Offline churnbabychurn

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2013, 10:39:34 PM »
How was that a reply to my post?
I misunderstood, take it as an addition to your post

Offline eliteflyer

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2013, 10:59:30 PM »
Oh and most medical plans cover the flu vaccine with no copay.
+1 and many employers and universities offer it for free to employees/students.

Offline Ergel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2013, 12:41:21 AM »
Anti-vaccine paranoids should really all just be put together in one nice colony for a couple years and we'll see the results of the rest of the world and the anti-vaccine colony :P
+1000000000
and it's one thing to do it for yourself, but to not vaccinate your children and put them in harms way should be criminal. These people should be locked up
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline Barryg

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2013, 02:01:17 AM »

Offline Achas Veachas

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2013, 08:46:10 AM »
The media is very one sided, the reality is that it is very complicated...
That sounds too suspiciously similar to what all conspiracy theorists say.

The media IS very one sided but the 1 side is MONEY, so if they would have an expose about vaccines killing people, the only thing stopping them from printing it is enough money from Big Pharma to make it worth their while... (hint: i doubt their getting it)

Offline Barryg

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2013, 09:47:43 AM »
That sounds too suspiciously similar to what all conspiracy theorists say.

The media IS very one sided but the 1 side is MONEY, so if they would have an expose about vaccines killing people, the only thing stopping them from printing it is enough money from Big Pharma to make it worth their while... (hint: i doubt their getting it)

We'll only know in the future, nothing proven either way at this point. (People also defended Madoff at one point in time)

I know that I mentioned that I know someone who had died, but that's not at all I'm worried about. This is part of the problem of statistics as well. Let's assume that there is a zero percent chance of being killed by a vaccine, if it's bad for my health then why would I do it? In the package inserts to the vaccine it shows all side effects that are openly admitted to besides for other stuff that is harder to find... The next question is what good the vaccine can do for my health. With some vaccines there is a valid answer, with the flu shot, I haven't found it yet...

It's not just a "conspiracy theory" Dr. Tenpenny and Dr. Mercola are educated and know far more that the avg. doctor. My proof is that they publish a lot of material that is easily accessible and it is very difficult to find an inaccuracy in their materials. They are obviously not the only two as well, just I found that their info has been very useful to me, so I'll share.

Offline Lamdan

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2013, 10:21:08 AM »
We'll only know in the future, nothing proven either way at this point. (People also defended Madoff at one point in time)

I know that I mentioned that I know someone who had died, but that's not at all I'm worried about. This is part of the problem of statistics as well. Let's assume that there is a zero percent chance of being killed by a vaccine, if it's bad for my health then why would I do it? In the package inserts to the vaccine it shows all side effects that are openly admitted to besides for other stuff that is harder to find... The next question is what good the vaccine can do for my health. With some vaccines there is a valid answer, with the flu shot, I haven't found it yet...

It's not just a "conspiracy theory" Dr. Tenpenny and Dr. Mercola are educated and know far more that the avg. doctor. My proof is that they publish a lot of material that is easily accessible and it is very difficult to find an inaccuracy in their materials. They are obviously not the only two as well, just I found that their info has been very useful to me, so I'll share.

The overwhelming majority of doctors, by a very big margin, say that it's safe. Please answer what's the incentive for them to lie. And if you say they're paid off by Big Pharma, then you're a clown!

What's the incentive for the overwhelming majority of doctors to lie??

Until this question is answered, the conversation is over, IMHO.

Offline Lamdan

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2013, 10:23:41 AM »
Obviously if you just say your wrong blah blah blah the doctor would be annoyed, but if you bring in facts a good doctor would gladly dispute them for you. (Just saying I was one of the first if not the first kid in the US to get the chickenpox vaccine)
BTW, regarding the chicken pox vaccine, when a person is older and they weren't vaccinated or had chicken pox before, chicken pox is life threatening.

Offline Achas Veachas

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2013, 10:25:03 AM »
The overwhelming majority of doctors, by a very big margin, say that it's safe. Please answer what's the incentive for them to lie. And if you say they're paid off by Big Pharma, then you're a clown!

What's the incentive for the overwhelming majority of doctors to lie??

Until this question is answered, the conversation is over, IMHO.

Big talker. I'd like to see how YOU would react to a visit from the black-ops :P

Though, on a serious note, if doctors charge for each shot they would have an incentive. Insurance compnies on the other hand would not pay for a non-effective shot that doesn't save them money in the long run.

Offline Lamdan

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2013, 10:28:22 AM »
Big talker. I'd like to see how YOU would react to a visit from the black-ops :P

Though, on a serious note, if doctors charge for each shot they would have an incentive. Insurance compnies on the other hand would not pay for a non-effective shot that doesn't save them money in the long run.
I actually believe that the aliens are the ones visiting the doctors.