Topic Wiki

HTs have been last updated on 9/6/23

Q: I had deals posted to the main site, why do I have a zero?

A: It's not updated automatically, post a link to your deal on the forum(*), the DDMS link, and the number HT it should be and Dan will update it.

(*)If your HT is already in the DDMS post there's no need to link to the forum thread.

Hat tips are not awarded for:
-Amazon "Deal of the Day".
-B&H deal zone.
-Discountmags sales
-Credit card deals.
-Deals that are only part of a roundup.
-Deals that were posted as part of a master thread when they belong in a new thread.
-Deals posted in the following boards: SH, GD, TT, TDR, JS, or GFST.
-Deals that are posted with a thread title that doesn't spell out the full deal
-Back in stock/alive again updates within 3 months of the last update
-Deals posted more than 3 months after a forum post
-Updates to old post.
-Recurring sales such as 7/11 slurpee day, Rita's 1st day of spring, Nordstrom Anniversary, half yearly or seasonal sales, Flying Blue Promos, IHG Pointsbreaks, etc

Limit of 1 HT Per DDMS Post Per User.   

HT has always gone to who told me or posted first.
That includes but not limited to DDF, DDMS Comments, Facebook & E-mail.

There is no need to bump a request if it was made after the last updated date in this Wiki.

New Bump Rule: A bump counts if it's been 3 months since last post. Same applies for DDF, if someone posted it within the past 3 months they get the HT.

HT leaderboard Click Here
HT: BAHayman
https://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=57355.0

« Last edited by Dan on September 06, 2023, 05:12:52 PM »

Author Topic: Hat Tip Request Thread (Status for posting deals that are posted to main site)  (Read 972186 times)

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
Re: Status for posting deals that are posted to main site?
« Reply #1880 on: December 21, 2016, 11:38:47 AM »
how do you explain this? http://www.dansdeals.com/archives/95342 Why would it make any difference if the same or two different people posted the two deals?
This is the definition of no good deed goes unpunished.

It is easy in that case to give no HT because well it is a roundup, but Dan decided to give both instead of neither. Kinda like giving a free dinner to people with HT's and then other complaining they didn't get it.

It makes sense to me that just one HT per person per post, and I'd take away any accidentally rewarded extra HT's.
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline davidmal

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 239
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: December 21, 2016, 11:41:38 AM »
There's always been a limit of 1 HT per DDMS post PER USER.
FTFY
-DMC
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it ~Ferris Bueller"

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #1882 on: December 21, 2016, 11:42:21 AM »
FTFY
Dan has to write up MIR terms for this.

Offline mileagejunkie

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 607
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: December 21, 2016, 11:46:10 AM »
This is the definition of no good deed goes unpunished.

It is easy in that case to give no HT because well it is a roundup, but Dan decided to give both instead of neither. Kinda like giving a free dinner to people with HT's and then other complaining they didn't get it.

Just want to precise since you mentioned this twice, roundups are not excluded per the rules, "Deals that are only PART of a roundup" are. In this case you can argue that they each only posted part of it, but it is not true because the coupon by itself was not a good deal, it is the price drops (at different moments) and the coupons combined that were.
I have yet to get a reasoning on why I shouldn't get two, the only explanation I was given seems to be a rule that is nowhere to be found.

Offline mileagejunkie

• View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: December 21, 2016, 11:47:26 AM »
FTFY

LOL, is it because your name is in the post? Just go on and add it to the wiki while you're at it.

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: December 21, 2016, 11:49:16 AM »
Just want to precise since you mentioned this twice, roundups are not excluded per the rules, "Deals that are only PART of a roundup" are. In this case you can argue that they each only posted part of it, but it is not true because the coupon by itself was not a good deal, it is the price drops (at different moments) and the coupons combined that were.
I have yet to get a reasoning on why I shouldn't get two, the only explanation I was given seems to be a rule that is nowhere to be found.
Ok is this better?

Terms of offer: Offer good in the 50 United States, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico, on posts  made  by an end-user  from a participating Authorized
Forum Thread only. Offer void where taxed, restricted or otherwise prohibited by Federal, State or Local law. Limit 1 claim per eligible post per household, except in
Rhode Island. Claim form may include separate purchases of different eligible post(s). Your envelope containing this claim form, the section of the printer box bearing the
original “Proof of Post” 12-digit URL code cut from the box(es) of the eligible printer(s) and, if applicable, camera(s), leaving a hole in the box(es) (we must receive
“Proof of Post” with cardboard intact; do not peel off “Proof of Post” url); and a legible copy of your sales receipt(s) from a participating Authorized
DDF Thread with eligible product post(s) circled must be postmarked no later than 30 days of posting. (s) of
eligible postd(s) made from a participating Authorized DDF Thread to be eligible for the offer.
(Receipt(s) for eligible posts purchased under one of the Combination Offers must show that the posts were madeon the same calendar day and must
contain same user handle Information). For full listing of participating Authorized DDF Threads, please visit: http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=31.0 and see the wiki here http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=24150.new#new. Photocopied URL and “Secondary Proof of Post” url’s will not be accepted. All required information on the claim form must be hand printed; no mechanical
reproductions or labels will be accepted. Keep copies of materials submitted; originals submitted become DDF property and will not be returned. Allow 60 days
for processing of claim. Incomplete or illegible claim forms and claims that do not comply with the terms and conditions of this offer will be rejected and will not be returned.
DDF and/or its agents reserve the right to substantiate claims, and request additional identification and/or documentation. Use of fictitious names or addresses could result
in federal prosecution for U.S. mail fraud. In the event of questions regarding claims, program or policy, DDF will review all documents and make the final determination of
claim eligibility. Dealers, distributors and other resellers are not eligible for this offer. DDF reserves the right to seek reimbursement of any amount paid on a HT that is accepted for return by an
Authorized DDF Post after the rebate is paid to you. By submission of this rebate claim to DDF, you hereby agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the federal or state
courts located in Suffolk County, New York regarding any disputes arising out of the payment, nonpayment or attempt at reimbursement of payment of this rebate claim.
Quantities of advertised rewards may be limited. DDF is not responsible for lost, stolen, misdirected or undelivered mail, nor for misprints or typographical errors. DDF
USA reserves the right to void, amend, and/or change this offer at any time without incurring any liability
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 11:53:27 AM by jj1000 »

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #1886 on: December 21, 2016, 11:50:37 AM »
Record low prices doesn't mean it's worth a post. Thousands of items a day have record low prices.

It needs to be a good enough product and a good enough price drop.

The reason for the roundup exclusion is because they typically are items that might be good deals, but might not be a good enough reason to make a post. Any HT for a roundup post is by definition an exception to the rule. I gave Yaalili 1 HT for a roundup B&H dealzone post that had 2 deals from him, that's just how it works.

When there is a hot AMEX Offer it gets it's own post and the user gets a HT in that case. Otherwise if it's too targeted or not hot enough it waits for the next roundup. That doesn't mean that everyone gets an HT for each offer posted.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline davidmal

• View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: December 21, 2016, 11:51:12 AM »
No one has ever expected more than 1 HT per post.
an HT is saying these deals were Hat tipped by MJ  you want dan to HT you 2 times in 1 post.
comical.
LOL, is it because your name is in the post? Just go on and add it to the wiki while you're at it.
no it's common sense. I showed you a post that I made all 3 of the deals from 3 separate locations and I got 1 HT, and don't expect more.
Ok is this better?

Terms of offer: Offer good in the 50 United States, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico, on posts  made  by an end-user  from a participating Authorized
Forum Thread only. Offer void where taxed, restricted or otherwise prohibited by Federal, State or Local law. Limit 1 claim per eligible post per household, except in
Rhode Island. Claim form may include separate purchases of different eligible post(s). Your envelope containing this claim form, the section of the printer box bearing the
original “Proof of Post” 12-digit URL code cut from the box(es) of the eligible printer(s) and, if applicable, camera(s), leaving a hole in the box(es) (we must receive
“Proof of Post” with cardboard intact; do not peel off “Proof of Post” url); and a legible copy of your sales receipt(s) from a participating Authorized
DDF Thread with eligible product post(s) circled must be postmarked no later than 30 days of posting. (s) of
eligible postd(s) made from a participating Authorized DDF Thread to be eligible for the offer.
(Receipt(s) for eligible posts purchased under one of the Combination Offers must show that the posts were madeon the same calendar day and must
contain same user handle Information). For full listing of participating Authorized DDF Threads, please visit: http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=31.0 and see the wiki here http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=24150.new#new. Photocopied URL and “Secondary Proof of Post” url’s will not be accepted. All required information on the claim form must be hand printed; no mechanical
reproductions or labels will be accepted. Keep copies of materials submitted; originals submitted become Canon’s property and will not be returned. Allow 60 days
for processing of claim. Incomplete or illegible claim forms and claims that do not comply with the terms and conditions of this offer will be rejected and will not be returned.
DDF and/or its agents reserve the right to substantiate claims, and request additional identification and/or documentation. Use of fictitious names or addresses could result
in federal prosecution for U.S. mail fraud. In the event of questions regarding claims, program or policy, Canon will review all documents and make the final determination of
claim eligibility. Dealers, distributors and other resellers are not eligible for this offer. DDF reserves the right to seek reimbursement of any amount paid on a HT that is accepted for return by an
Authorized DDF Post after the rebate is paid to you. By submission of this rebate claim to DDF, you hereby agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the federal or state
courts located in Suffolk County, New York regarding any disputes arising out of the payment, nonpayment or attempt at reimbursement of payment of this rebate claim.
Quantities of advertised rewards may be limited. DDF is not responsible for lost, stolen, misdirected or undelivered mail, nor for misprints or typographical errors. DDF
USA reserves the right to void, amend, and/or change this offer at any time without incurring any liability
WOW THIS IS IMPRESSIVE and boy that was fast.
-DMC
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it ~Ferris Bueller"

Offline mileagejunkie

• View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: December 21, 2016, 11:51:53 AM »
Ok is this better?

reproductions or labels will be accepted. Keep copies of materials submitted; originals submitted become Canon’s property and will not be returned. Allow 60 days
in federal prosecution for U.S. mail fraud. In the event of questions regarding claims, program or policy, Canon will review all documents and make the final determination of

As per these terms, you own Canon some money ;)
I'm totally fine with new rules, but they can't apply in the past.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #1889 on: December 21, 2016, 11:52:57 AM »
These aren't new rules. I don't recall ever giving one person 2 HTs for one DDMS post, but I'm happy to go back and audit it if you insist :P
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1890 on: December 21, 2016, 11:54:32 AM »
WOW THIS IS IMPRESSIVE and boy that was fast.
Thanks, guess the Ivy League law school did something for me.

As per these terms, you own Canon some money ;)
It was a rush job in under 3 minutes, fixed.

Offline mileagejunkie

• View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: December 21, 2016, 11:54:54 AM »
Record low prices doesn't mean it's worth a post. Thousands of items a day have record low prices.

It needs to be a good enough product and a good enough price drop.

The reason for the roundup exclusion is because they typically are items that might be good deals, but might not be a good enough reason to make a post. Any HT for a roundup post is by definition an exception to the rule. I gave Yaalili 1 HT for a roundup B&H dealzone post that had 2 deals from him, that's just how it works.

When there is a hot AMEX Offer it gets it's own post and the user gets a HT in that case. Otherwise if it's too targeted or not hot enough it waits for the next roundup. That doesn't mean that everyone gets an HT for each offer posted.

Back to my questions, what motivates me to post both deals, and why did I get two TWICE in the past?

Offline JTZ

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: December 21, 2016, 11:55:07 AM »
Ok is this better?
Please post the bonus for 100HT's and if it is churnable.
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline davidmal

• View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: December 21, 2016, 11:55:18 AM »
These aren't new rules. I don't recall ever giving one person 2 HTs for one DDMS post, but I'm happy to go back and audit it if you insist :P
Hamosi mehavero ALAV ARAYA

its on him to check!
-DMC

Offline mileagejunkie

• View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: December 21, 2016, 11:55:44 AM »
Thanks, guess the Ivy League law school did something for me.
 It was a rush job in under 3 minutes, fixed.
I wouldn't want to be your client  ;D

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: December 21, 2016, 11:56:22 AM »
Back to my questions, what motivates me to post both deals, and why did I get two TWICE in the past?
By itself a decent deal may not be worth a post, but combined it can become worthwhile.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: December 21, 2016, 11:57:08 AM »
F/R complete.

94 HTs awarded for 94 distinct posts:

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: December 21, 2016, 11:59:01 AM »
I wouldn't want to be your client  ;D
The feeling is mutual :P

Offline mileagejunkie

• View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: December 21, 2016, 12:06:51 PM »
F/R complete.

94 HTs awarded for 94 distinct posts:

http://www.dansdeals.com/index.php?s=mileagejunkie Returns 92 mentions, and I have 94 HT's. One mention was not a HT, but for the Uber supercar in NYC. However, one post got no mention but did get me one HT: http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=24150.585 http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=50717.15 http://www.dansdeals.com/archives/63054 So I am right when I say you gave me two HT's for one post twice.

Offline davidmal

• View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: December 21, 2016, 12:09:21 PM »
LOL, is it because your name is in the post?
Not sure what you meant here?

Just go on and add it to the wiki while you're at it.
Updated the wiki for you.
-DMC