Author Topic: hertz blacklist (do not rent list)  (Read 52207 times)

Offline nutcase

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
Re: hertz blacklist (do not rent list)
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2013, 09:20:39 PM »
ok getting back on topic. anyone think legal action should be pursued? the question is does avis have a right to divulge my personal information 10 years after the incident?

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2013, 09:44:01 PM »
ok getting back on topic. anyone think legal action should be pursued? the question is does avis have a right to divulge my personal information 10 years after the incident?

What would your claim be?

How is this any different than a creditor reporting negative information to your credit report? or insurance companies sharing information with each other about claims?
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline nutcase

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2013, 09:48:43 PM »
What would your claim be?

How is this any different than a creditor reporting negative information to your credit report? or insurance companies sharing information with each other about claims?
Idk but creditors have fcra and other guidelines they are subject to follow procedure. insurance companies have guidelines to follow and must prove any information they share(in nj department of banking and insurance) who is regulating avis? plus if you are going with that argument, creditors have a statue of limitations in nj 7 years. this is 10 years old.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2013, 09:50:29 PM »
Well, you don't have a defamation claim, because, well, among other things, it's true.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline nutcase

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2013, 09:55:44 PM »
Well, you don't have a defamation claim, because, well, among other things, it's true.
who says it is true? avis has no information or documentation to prove anything actually that is the reason the guy I was dealing with is reluctant to remove. because he can't see any information or find out any details. apparently the individual who added me to the list is no longer living so he told me it is quite hard to contact him ;)

Offline george

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2013, 09:56:34 PM »
I agree I got the message loud and clear.
 Not to justify the letter, I kinda shot that email off in a desperate fashion, without much thought.
would this edited version be better?

Hi I am contacting you today about file number 000000. I just tried logging on to my hertz account and it was blocked out. Now I just spoke to someone at hertz department for do not rent list. I am appalled they would add me to this list the reason given was avis told them to add me. now with avis back in 2003 when I was 18 years old an agent got upset at me and claimed that I was not authorized to rent under a corporate account and this rental agent but me on the do not rent list at avis (and put in the system fraud or something) which is totally not true. they added me to there do not rent list for no good reason 10 years ago; I have been renting with hertz successively for the last 10 years without any issues only good experiences, about 3 weeks ago I reached out to avis to try to appeal there decision that was based on a disgruntled employee. Now it seems that hertz who I have never had any issues with added me to your list. I just spoke to the head of security at avis and he adamantly denies contacting hertz. Avis has no information or any proofs why I was added to their list. This seems like a huge mistake and misunderstanding. I am a legitimate individual, I own my own company, and I am prepared to send you copies of my license, passport, or any other form of identification to prove I am innocent. Please help me as soon as possible. Thank you for your time.
I can be reached at: 1111111111
Or via email: [edited]

Here is your letter (as written - no changes in content or style) with grammatical improvements. Additions and substitutions are in bold, and eliminations are crossed out.

Hi,
I am contacting you today about file number 000000. I just tried logging on to my Hertz account and it was blocked out. Now I just spoke to someone at the Hertz do not rent list department for . I am appalled that they would add me to this list. The reason given was that Avis told them to add me. Now, with Avis back in 2003 when I was 18 years old, an agent got upset at me and claimed that I was not authorized to rent under a corporate account and this rental agent put me on the do not rent list at Avis (and put in the system "fraud" or something) which is totally not true.) They added me to their do not rent list for no good reason 10 years ago, I have been renting with Hertz successfully for the last 10 years without any issues - only good experiences. About three weeks ago I reached out to Avis to try to appeal their decision which was based on a disgruntled employee. Now it seems that Hertz, with whom I have never had any issues, with added me to their list. I just spoke to the head of security at Avis and he adamantly denies contacting Hertz. Avis has no information or any proofs why I was added to their list. This seems like a huge mistake and misunderstanding. I am a legitimate individual, I own my own company, and I am prepared to send you copies of my license, passport, or any other form of identification to prove I am innocent. Please help me as soon as possible. Thank you for your time.

Offline nutcase

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2013, 10:01:10 PM »
Here is your letter (as written - no changes in content or style) with grammatical improvements. Additions and substitutions are in bold, and eliminations are crossed out.

Hi,
I am contacting you today about file number 000000. I just tried logging on to my Hertz account and it was blocked out. Now I just spoke to someone at the Hertz do not rent list department for . I am appalled that they would add me to this list. The reason given was that Avis told them to add me. Now, with Avis back in 2003 when I was 18 years old, an agent got upset at me and claimed that I was not authorized to rent under a corporate account and this rental agent put me on the do not rent list at Avis (and put in the system "fraud" or something) which is totally not true.) They added me to their do not rent list for no good reason 10 years ago, I have been renting with Hertz successfully for the last 10 years without any issues - only good experiences. About three weeks ago I reached out to Avis to try to appeal their decision which was based on a disgruntled employee. Now it seems that Hertz, with whom I have never had any issues, with added me to their list. I just spoke to the head of security at Avis and he adamantly denies contacting Hertz. Avis has no information or any proofs why I was added to their list. This seems like a huge mistake and misunderstanding. I am a legitimate individual, I own my own company, and I am prepared to send you copies of my license, passport, or any other form of identification to prove I am innocent. Please help me as soon as possible. Thank you for your time.
thank you!

Offline george

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2013, 10:11:03 PM »

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2013, 11:16:06 PM »
who says it is true?

about 11 years ago for trying to rent under a corp. with out underage they charged me the underage fee($125 a day) and then blacklisted me when I was in Israel avis there saw I was blacklisted(but I was friendly with the agent so they let me rent).

Did that happen or not?

Offline nutcase

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2013, 11:19:46 PM »
Did that happen or not?
As I said they charged me underage because they didn't believe I had permission to use the corporate account BUT I DID. It was an era that they where going after every yeshiva bachur

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2013, 11:30:30 PM »
So I guess it all comes down to the fact they they're entitled to refuse to do business with you if they so choose.

Offline nutcase

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2013, 11:33:06 PM »
So I guess it all comes down to the fact they they're entitled to refuse to do business with you if they so choose.
but can they send over that information to hertz 10 years after the fact?

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2013, 11:37:26 PM »
That they chose to stop doing business with you?

I don't know - but I can't see why not.

Offline nutcase

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2013, 05:39:49 PM »
Update. I just called hertz dnr department to inquire on the outcome of my letter. I was put on hold for about 10 minutes. then the agent returned and said I am off there list just I should make sure no one else uses my identity....not sure what he was implying..but at least I am off now(I hope!)

Offline L'Chaim

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2013, 05:43:28 PM »
Update. I just called hertz dnr department to inquire on the outcome of my letter. I was put on hold for about 10 minutes. then the agent returned and said I am off there list just I should make sure no one else uses my identity....not sure what he was implying..but at least I am off now(I hope!)

Great news! Any luck by Avis?

Offline nutcase

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 20, 2013, 05:49:29 PM »
not really, here is there response through the better business bureau.
 Thank you for contacting Avis Budget Group regarding your status with renting with our company. Mr. Nutcase, my information available to me is that you spoke with ABG's head of security regarding this matter. Review of status was conducted and you were advised that the current status will be upheld, no change at this time. I have also verified that ABG does not share our DNR information with any one, it is for internal use only. ABG respectfully declines your request. Thank you. C.Crawley/Sr. CS Solutions Consultant

blatant lie because hertz confirmed they received there info. from avis........

Offline MLM

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT PLAT, UA LT PP, FPC LT PLAT, HH DIAMOND,
« Reply #56 on: February 20, 2013, 06:05:39 PM »
If your so desperate I would change your drivers license state and obviously number and hope it works.

Offline nutcase

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 20, 2013, 07:24:53 PM »
If your so desperate I would change your drivers license state and obviously number and hope it works.
no I am not so desperate as long as I have hertz I dont need avis.

Offline Columbiadorm

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive Elite, Delta Silver Medallion, SPG Gold
« Reply #58 on: February 20, 2013, 11:33:46 PM »
Years ago I was Blacklisted at Avis (I was using my friends fathers account with permission). I tried to fight it but to no avail. I changed my DL, and it worked once again. A few months later in MD after my dad created his own Avis Account, and I was legitimately listed as an employee, the agent connected the two files and the agent was convinced he caught me etc., but the other agent told him to let it go (I may have used the same CC which caused this to occur).

Few years later, I used a coupon my friend had received, the agent behind the counter was convinced it was a fake, and he blacklisted me a few friends. Don't ask me how, but my friend managed to un-blacklist me.

The End.

Offline mendy613

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 23, 2018, 10:00:19 PM »
I guess this hasn't been used since 2013 because no one else was added to the DNR list since 2013 8)

I was just added to it, the reason given by mail was renting through fraud or misrepresentation (using counterfeit or fraudulent identification used to obtain a discount)

On the phone, they mentioned Business Free Days, which leads me to believe it's because I used a free day voucher for a recent rental.
(In the past I kept the CDP as USAA, this was the first time I put the CDP listed on the voucher)

I was told the DNR office is only a few people and that by begging for forgiveness I might have another chance.

Can anyone PM me a sample email they used to appeal, or any other tips to share with me?

Happy to pay for help.