Author Topic: fine china  (Read 5110 times)

Offline MosheP

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: fine china
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2013, 10:31:29 AM »
didnt even think about it yet
you ordered them separately?

Not yet, the best I could find was $71 each.

First I have to make sure Macys send me another 8 sets.

Offline dealfinder85

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2013, 10:32:52 AM »
i paid about 72 per place setting, i cant justify paying 71 for the bowl

Offline MosheP

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2013, 10:37:55 AM »
i paid about 72 per place setting, i cant justify paying 71 for the bowl

Please update if you find it cheaper.

Offline dealfinder85

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2013, 10:57:32 AM »
I called up and they are reshipping the remaining 4 that i didnt receive

Offline MosheP

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2013, 10:59:15 AM »
I called up and they are reshipping the remaining 4 that i didnt receive

What did you say? What did they say?

By me they proactively canceled 8 sets >:(

Offline dealfinder85

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2013, 11:28:32 AM »
they had never cancelled them so i called up and said i only received 8 and they said they will reship the final 4

Offline dealfinder85

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2013, 01:01:02 PM »
just ordered the bowls from mytableware.com
i put in couponcode "love15" which i found online
price came to just under 46 dollars a bowl

Offline MosheP

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2013, 01:38:54 PM »
they had never cancelled them so i called up and said i only received 8 and they said they will reship the final 4

Did you get the final 4 sets yet?

Offline Menucha

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2013, 03:52:17 PM »
East side china just advertised great specials pre pessach. compare and save.

Offline MosheP

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2013, 12:30:16 PM »
After ~10 hours and far too many HUCA'S to count I can place another notch in my HUCA belt.

Back on 2/1 dealfinder85 posted this deal.....
macys has the lenox autumn 5 piece set buy 1 get 1 free.
after you put it in your cart, it shows up as buy 1 get 2 free.
you can also take 15% off, meaning for 242.25 you can get 3, instead of spending 285 on 1

I thought about buying it for myself but decided I didn't love the pattern. Around a week later I mentioned this deal to my mother and she told me she always loved this set. When she heard the price she was instantly ready to pull the trigger.

I added 8 sets to my cart and it automatically updated to 24. The total after a 15% coupon and sales tax was $2,066.75. I had to pay with a Macy's card to get the discount, so no points earnings.

I received email confirmation for 24 pieces, but the ship date wasn't until after Pesach. My mother really wanted to have her new dishes for Yom Tov. So me being a good son, I called and tried to get the order expedited. I assume many people took advantage of this "deal" and it must have been on back-order. CS said they cant do anything to expedite as it is fulfilled from their warehouses and not in store. i did however confirm that the order was for 24 pieces.

A couple of hours later I received an email "we have canceled 8 pieces as per customers request". I  called in right away to "uncancel" those 8 pieces, and I was informed that it was a price mistake and wont be honored. I was furious, and over the next few days I spoke to many managers and supervisors. Finally they agreed to open an investigation into the matter. I was told that i needed to wait 10 business days for the results.

In the meantime they sent me the 16 pieces, with a packing invoice for 24 pieces. I called back in and notified them that I was missing 8 pieces. The manager I spoke with offered me 20% off my entire order and adamantly sated that they can not ship out the missing sets.

I told her I need to discuss with my mom, but that it isn't likely that she will agree. My mom aid that at 20% off shes not interested, and they can come pick up the china, and they should never have shipped out an incomplete order. I told them the sets are on my front porch and they can come get them whenever they want. The manager started putting in a ticket for pickup when I asked, "for a few hundred bucks you're ready to throw away a longtime customer (my mom spend thousands a year at Macy's)?"

She said 'let me see what else we can do and I will call you back". I never got a callback ( I HATE when that happens, a CSR says they will callback and they never do). So I called back the next day and was told that the investigation isn't  finished and they cant even offer me the 20% anymore. I must wait until Thursday and they will notify me by mail of the decision.

I was nearing despair after so many attempts I was ready to throw in the towel. I had been negotiating to buy the soup bowls from another company ( the sets comes sans soup bowls), and asked them to hold a coupon that would expire as long as they can while I waited. They called me on Wednesday as I had been stalling placing the order until I confirmed I would get the missing 8 sets, it was the last day they would honor the coupon.

I almost said forget it and gave up on the whole thing, but I had to live true to my sig.

I called Macy's and asked for a supervisor. I explained my issue and the CSR told me since it was a price mistake they can not hoer the deal. I told her that there was an investigation and I need the results right now. She says "let me if I can send out the missing 7 sets manually". I got excited and asked to make sure its gets overnight delivery. She gets back on the phone and tells me she was able to, and it will go out Thursday for delivery Friday. She gave me her direct line, and told me to call if it doesn't arrive by Friday. I told her I will be in touch regardless, because I want compensation for the many hours I spent working on this mistake. She said "I will most certainly help you out with that, lets just wait until your receive the order."

An hour ago UPS delivered 7 sets to my moms house. Now its time for me to try and get compensation.

It is just a matter of getting a person who truly wants to help on the phone. Most CSR's just want to do their job and clock out. The rare  CSR might actually care and be interested in helping, thus we say HUCA.

Offline dealfinder85

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2013, 12:34:37 PM »
after getting a few customer service discoutns, i spent 686 for 12
in addition, i received about 5100 chase points (long story)
so that should be your target goal
i also bought the bowls for 550

Offline MosheP

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2013, 12:46:15 PM »
after getting a few customer service discoutns, i spent 686 for 12
in addition, i received about 5100 chase points (long story)
so that should be your target goal
i also bought the bowls for 550

How did yo get the china so cheap?

I have time for a long story......... You paid with a Chase CC? You didnt need to pay with a Macys card for the 15% off?

Offline dealfinder85

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2013, 12:51:23 PM »
first i got the buy 1 get 2 free
there was a code online for 15% off
i recently got married and i had this china on my registry and after ur wedding ur entitled to 20% off registry items
i called up and asked htem to price adjust or i can cancel and rebuy. they did it, and naturally they made a mistake, so i told them, and they said consider it a courtesy.
(it was on backorder)
1 day it said on site it should ship in 2 days so i called up and asked hwy mine was on backorder. they tried to redo the order and it ended up saying backorder, and for my troubles they offered me an additional 5%
then i got 8/12 and the other 4 were missing. any time i called up i got a differnet answer, a reshipment etc. the tracking was all messed up until finally i got a straight answer that the old one is missing and ill get the new shipment ina  few days. and 20% more off
now for the chase part of it-
with ultimate rewards, not sure if this is only with sapphire preferred, u can go to macys.com through chase portal and earn 5% back on macys purchases. so i did that. after macys cancelled and reordered, i called up chase bc now it would no longer be through that portal.  they gave me 5 points per dollar on the spot, and that was when i was paying around 900.
i did pretty well to say the least