Topic Wiki

yuneeq, ChaimMoskowitz, and sometimes a couple other members talk about some Canadian game.
« Last edited by jj1000 on May 17, 2017, 10:02:20 AM »

Author Topic: NHL Master Thread  (Read 429590 times)

Offline JTZ

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: nhl
« Reply #2320 on: November 14, 2016, 12:05:35 AM »
MTL>CHI
Hope it is a good game tonight.
Got my wish.
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #2321 on: November 20, 2016, 12:01:49 PM »
Hawks down 3-0 going into the third and win it in OT. Now if they can just figure out how to get the Toews line going.
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #2322 on: November 25, 2016, 04:56:58 PM »
Looks like the East has most of the top teams this year.

Offline yuneeq

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2323 on: November 26, 2016, 07:23:26 PM »
Looks like the East has most of the top teams this year.

Just the Metro alone, wow.
4 out of the top 6 teams in winning % in the league.
Visibly Jewish

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #2324 on: January 13, 2017, 01:59:08 AM »
Wow has this thread been dead.

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #2325 on: January 19, 2017, 06:20:50 PM »
What's going on with Lundqvist? Time to get the forks out?

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #2326 on: January 19, 2017, 06:58:27 PM »

I think it's mental, not physical.
He's also been left or to dry too often. 

Strangely Price has also played bad recently, and both gave up 7 goals in a recent game.
Visibly Jewish

Offline springles

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2327 on: January 20, 2017, 12:45:39 PM »
I've definitely seen some things that are concerning but I have hope he can still get it together. It would be a shame if he can't play better since the rest of the team has potential

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #2328 on: January 20, 2017, 12:47:21 PM »
I've definitely seen some things that are concerning but I have hope he can still get it together. It would be a shame if he can't play better since the rest of the team has potential
Wonder if the World Cup took a lot out of him?

Offline springles

• View Profile
« Reply #2329 on: January 20, 2017, 12:50:40 PM »
Wonder if the World Cup took a lot out of him?
I was hoping it would help and didn't think it would hurt since he didn't play a lot last year but it's definitely a possibility

Offline springles

• View Profile
« Reply #2330 on: January 24, 2017, 12:46:31 PM »
well he's certainly turned it around with some fantastic play. I'm hoping he can sustain this but I'm worried that he won't be able to keep it up consistently. But as long as he can play like this come playoff time...

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #2331 on: January 24, 2017, 12:53:35 PM »
well he's certainly turned it around with some fantastic play. I'm hoping he can sustain this but I'm worried that he won't be able to keep it up consistently. But as long as he can play like this come playoff time...

He's played well forever.
I think he'll be fine until he proves otherwise for a nice period of time.
While it was nice to get the W last night, unfortunately the win was vintage Rangers- getting completely outplayed but being bailed out by Lundqvist playing out of his mind. I'd prefer the rest of the team playing better with Lundqvist playing good enough to win. That's how you win championships.
Visibly Jewish

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #2332 on: February 12, 2017, 01:05:09 PM »
It's absurd that right now the #7 seed in the East has a better record than the #2 seed and wouldn't get home ice.
Rangers have .664% winning percentage and would play on the road vs Habs and their .614 winning percentage. I wonder what happens if they would win as a WC, do they then get road against the Senators or Leafs? Even worse, is that the 3rd and 4th best teams in the league would play in the first round while the Senators and Bruins play each other- the 9th and 18th best in the league. Same garbage happened last season, Islanders "tanked" to get the WC spot vs the weak Panthers instead of staying in the Metro bracket and facing the Pens, while Blues and Hawks had to face each other in the 1st round (3rd and 5th best in the league last year).

This playoff format is new but has already proven that it's so flawed.
Visibly Jewish

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #2333 on: February 12, 2017, 01:09:21 PM »
I might be mistaken but aren't you one that believes home ice is no advantage in the playoffs?

Offline springles

• View Profile
« Reply #2334 on: February 12, 2017, 01:09:48 PM »
It's absurd that right now the #7 seed in the East has a better record than the #2 seed and wouldn't get home ice.
Rangers have .664% winning percentage and would play on the road vs Habs and their .614 winning percentage. I wonder what happens if they would win as a WC, do they then get road against the Senators or Leafs? Even worse, is that the 3rd and 4th best teams in the league would play in the first round while the Senators and Bruins play each other- the 9th and 18th best in the league.

This playoff format is new but has already proven that it's so flawed.
This is a very strange year and most systems would have flaws with the current standings. Unless you want the top 8 teams from each conference seeded in order of record then you would have issues. The NFL playoffs also have a flaw when a 7-9 division winner can host a playoff game. But thats the system.

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #2335 on: February 12, 2017, 01:15:17 PM »
The NFL playoffs also have a flaw when a 7-9 division winner can host a playoff game. But thats the system.
...and they fully understand that and accept that it will happen. That by itself does not make the system flawed.

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #2336 on: February 12, 2017, 01:39:06 PM »
I might be mistaken but aren't you one that believes home ice is no advantage in the playoffs?

You remember correctly, I believe the advantage is very minor.
But usually the home ice advantage is given to the better to the better team, so its absurd when the better team doesn't get it. It's funny the Rangers are actually lucky to be playing Montreal and not Columbus or Pittsburgh. The Rangers are rewarded for not being as good. Makes sense.

This is a very strange year and most systems would have flaws with the current standings. Unless you want the top 8 teams from each conference seeded in order of record then you would have issues. The NFL playoffs also have a flaw when a 7-9 division winner can host a playoff game. But thats the system.

It's a new system and it's failing horribly. It's not a uniquely strange year, last season was also very strange as I pointed out. The Islanders lost the last few games of the season so they could win their first playoff series in 20+ years. In what world do you wanna reward tanking and punish the best teams in the league? What is the point of the regular season if the easier playoff matchups are given to the worst teams in the division. I would definitely prefer a system that resembles a 1-8 seeding system. Give the 2 division winners a guaranteed spot in the playoffs but no special seeding. If they are ranked #6 they should play the #3 team. No home ice. No unbalanced division brackets. The #6 shouldn't be playing the #7.
Visibly Jewish

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #2337 on: February 12, 2017, 01:57:38 PM »
It's funny the Rangers are actually lucky to be playing Montreal and not Columbus or Pittsburgh.
Don't get me started about Columbus.  >:(
They have the worst coach in NHL history and once the playoffs start you can put a fork in them.

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #2338 on: February 12, 2017, 02:04:34 PM »
Don't get me started about Columbus.  >:(
They have the worst coach in NHL history and once the playoffs start you can put a fork in them.

Won a Stanley Cup, brought a terrible Rangers team to the best record in the East and the Conference Finals in 2012, and lead his team this season to a 16 game winning streak and the 3rd best record in the league. Despite his flaws, he's hardly the worst coach in history.
Visibly Jewish

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #2339 on: February 12, 2017, 02:20:02 PM »
Won a Stanley Cup, brought a terrible Rangers team to the best record in the East and the Conference Finals in 2012, and lead his team this season to a 16 game winning streak and the 3rd best record in the league. Despite his flaws, he's hardly the worst coach in history.
Anyone who blames his players when things don't go right makes my list of worst in history.