Author Topic: Attn: UK travelers, looking to pay someone to bring a bnwt mens suit to NY/NJ  (Read 2152 times)

Offline CPANYC

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Hi, random post, but I'm looking for someone who is willing to accept local delivery of a mens suit from a mens retailer on savile row and brink it with them when they travel from the UK to the NY/NJ area. I will pay that person a reasonable amount, or even better, I will offer to pick that person up from any of the 3 main NY airports and take them to where ever they will be staying in NY/NJ. (Meaning they won't have to pay for a cab at the airport). The catch is that they will have to stop by the VAT refund palace at the UK airport before they leave so that I can get the VAT back on the suit. Might seem nuts but I am doing this to save on UK delivery and a possible US customs duty. Thanks for your help.

Offline RoboJam

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Delta Silver, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Might seem nuts but I am doing this to save on UK delivery and a possible US customs duty. Thanks for your help.
....Or maybe to smuggle some illegal substances sewn into the lapel.  :P
It may be that my sole purpose in life is to serve as a bad example

Offline CPANYC

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
Funny. But the suit would come directly to you from a recognized mens retail shop, no games. Mainly looking to save on the 75gbp they want to charge to ship internationally. Thanks

Offline hocker

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
I would be wary of taking things for someone who I met on a online forum, esp if he just joined the forum.

Offline real-brisker

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
+1 hocker

Offline moko

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
I would be wary of taking things for someone who I met on a online forum, esp if he just joined the forum.
what would u be worried about
Funny. But the suit would come directly to you from a recognized mens retail shop, no games. Mainly looking to save on the 75gbp they want to charge to ship internationally. Thanks
and trug traffickers dont have enough money to create packing and shipping label 
from a recognized mens retail shop
:D

Offline YOSEF

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16
    • View Profile
In all seriousness, it doesn't even need to be sown into the lapel...it can be in the fabric itself and drugists can soak it and remove the drugs with various chemicals.

If someone was willing to do it, would you allow them to tell all security and personnel that it wasn't theirs and they are doing a favor for a friend as a preemptive to any issues?

Offline damaxer91

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
In all seriousness, it doesn't even need to be sown into the lapel...it can be in the fabric itself and drugists can soak it and remove the drugs with various chemicals.

If someone was willing to do it, would you allow them to tell all security and personnel that it wasn't theirs and they are doing a favor for a friend as a preemptive to any issues?

How would that work?

"Hey, I'm an idiot who met someone on the internet and I am smuggling suits in to avoid them paying duty on it"

Offline Jkhein

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
How would that work?

"Hey, I'm an idiot who met someone on the internet and I am smuggling suits in to avoid them paying duty on it"
please, we're talking about "a mens suit, and yes somebody is paying me to bring it, as it's cheaper than UPS/FEDEX.
I'm not recommending here