Topic Wiki

There are no issues with:

• Having Jewish items
  • Looking Jewish
  • Bringing in food or alcohol
  • Having Israeli stamps in your passport.

List of TR's:
https://www.dansdeals.com/points-travel/trip-notes/maldives-trip-notes-part-2-dubai-and-abu-dhabi/
Sam28 TR
UAE- Abu Dhabi and Dubai TR with lots of links for attractions and food etc (maybe s/o would copy+paste from there to here)

Kosher Food/ Restaurants:
for up to date and more info see https://chabad.ae/kosher/

TLV Restaurant - Location in the H hotel  - For reservations: Call: +97142435711  / WhatsApp: +971522209155
The Kosher Place - Location Jumeriah Creekside Hotel - For reservations, please WhatsApp +972559453118
Mul hayam
Armani Kaf - Location Armani Hotel - Reservation online or email Restaurant.Reservations@armanihotels.com (sometimes it wont show available online but over email they'll confirm)
King David Kitchen kingdavidkitchen.com
Kosher coffee Bibi

Synagogue:
PM Dan for contact info.

Things to Do:

Sites to find deals:
  Groupon.ae
  Greatdeals.ae
  getyourguide.com
  klook.com
  tiqets.com

- Miracle Garden (need 1-2 hours) - https://www.dubaimiraclegarden.com/
 - Global Village  (Need 3-4 hours - opens at 4pm ) - https://www.globalvillage.ae/en/home-page
 - Xline - zip thru the marina (need max 1 hour from checkin till land back) - Book online in advance to secure a spot - http://xline.xdubai.com/
 - Desert Adventure - (need 6 hours - from 3pm -9pm) - Includes Quad Biking, Dune Bashing, Camel rides, BBQ dinner in a camp site while watching Cultural shows  - https://www.desertadventures.com/  - There is a Kosher catered tour that is highly recommended , every tuesday , Whatsapp +972 58-551-1911 for reservations , full Kosher BBQ and "kosher" cultural shows
- 3 Main Malls - Mall in Marina (Basic) , Mall of Emirates (huge mall - Has indoor ski) , Mall of Dubai (downtown -even bigger mall has aquarium inside and is a very high end shopping mall)
 - Gold / Perfume / Spice Souk - Marketplace in Deira area (need half a day minimum for this)
 - Burj Khalifa - View points from above - Buy tickets online in advance for best price - https://www.burjkhalifa.ae/en/index.aspx  - best to go in evening time before sunset  - Theres also a VIP option to skip the lines
 - Dubai Sky Dive
 - Helicopter ride - recommended is the 22 min flight option
 - Hot Air balloon - https://www.ballooning.ae/ - check the deal sites sometimes have a buy 2 get 1  - Early AM in the desert
 - Dubai Creek Boat ride ( need 2.5hrs - Board 8pm - duration 830pm to 1030pm)
- Dubai Gold frame 
- night boat ride along the intercostal
 - Fountain Show on the boardwalk downtown - from 6pm every 30 min (buy a ticket online/walkup to be closer to water but you can still see it without that or if you are eating at Armani Kaf, you can see from the terrace
- Yacht + jet ski rentals
- Dubai Aquarium / underwater zoo
- Yellow Boat (inflatable motor boat) Sightseeing Cruise
- The view at the palm - theviewpalm.ae
- Legoland
- Inside burj al arab insideburjalarab.com

Hotels:

Getting Around:

Notes:

« Last edited by hakohen on August 20, 2023, 04:53:22 AM »

Author Topic: Dubai Master Thread  (Read 287146 times)

Offline CZ60

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Dubai Master Thread
« Reply #600 on: March 09, 2017, 09:11:38 PM »
1. Did you do the boatride by the fountains?
2. It's hard to beat free. Is there someplace that compelling that it's worth paying for when I can stay at the Fairmont for free?
3. Did you take a tour there?
1. Yes, very nice. Inexpensive so go for it.
2. Free is nice. It's also closer to everything that you listed than say, the PH. You'll easily save yourself 20-30 min of traffic if you travel during rush hr.

And one thing to note, DO NOT get ripped off into getting into a black taxi. The airport ppl are very sneaky and do a good job of hiding the fact that there are taxis that are 1/5 the price. I would venture to say it's one of the most common tourist mistakes

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #601 on: March 09, 2017, 09:30:53 PM »
How is Uber pricing compared to taxis?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline CZ60

• View Profile
« Reply #602 on: March 09, 2017, 09:49:40 PM »
How is Uber pricing compared to taxis?
Taxis were cheaper than uber when I priced out PH to dubai Mall. Even the Hyatt private car/shuttle was cheaper than uber.

Offline shmebeble

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: March 10, 2017, 08:06:45 AM »
Taxis were cheaper than uber when I priced out PH to dubai Mall. Even the Hyatt private car/shuttle was cheaper than uber.
I just took the PH lexuses- they were a set fee and the best deal during Rush hour and could charge to the room

Offline rileywiles23

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: March 14, 2017, 08:11:17 PM »
Landing in dxb at 12:10 pm, and departing the next day at 8:30am.

Is it worth it to even book an hotel, or just go back straight back to the airport and relax in the EK F lounge ?
Life is as good as you make it...

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #605 on: March 17, 2017, 12:51:01 AM »
Burj khalifa "At the top" (floor 125) or splurge for "At the top sky" (floor 148)?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: March 17, 2017, 12:57:42 AM »
Any reason not to rent a car?

Offline shmebeble

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: March 17, 2017, 07:17:49 AM »
Any reason not to rent a car?
taxis are very reasonably priced and comfortable. Also, parking in the mall may be a pain, and IIRC its a huge parking lot. Wouldnt want to deal with finding my car or having to go back to that part of the mall

Burj khalifa "At the top" (floor 125) or splurge for "At the top sky" (floor 148)?
Your view wont be any more impressive for At the top, so I wouldnt do it. Once you are that high up everything is small, and I enjoyed the outdoor deck "at the top"

Offline Aaaron

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: March 17, 2017, 01:03:12 PM »
taxis are very reasonably priced and comfortable. Also, parking in the mall may be a pain, and IIRC its a huge parking lot. Wouldnt want to deal with finding my car or having to go back to that part of the mall
Your view wont be any more impressive for At the top, so I wouldnt do it. Once you are that high up everything is small, and I enjoyed the outdoor deck "at the top"

Parking is a pain, but not horrible.  I haven't rented a car since my first trip there and no complaints.

I'm glad we "splurged" for 148.  To each their own though.

Offline CZ60

• View Profile
« Reply #609 on: March 17, 2017, 01:48:59 PM »

Also, if you think NYC went overboard with their speed cameras, they have one like every 500 feet there on the main highway. Taxis are cheap enough and you're probably not going all over town anyway. Sticking to the few tourist spots should be cheap enough with a taxi.

Offline Yuey

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: March 17, 2017, 01:55:13 PM »
I can't imagine it would make any sense to rent a car in Dubai. Especially if your flying Etihad or Emirates in first or business as they have chofer service. Even without it, as CZ60 mentioned the cabs are reasonably priced and the subway is pretty decent. The only thing you should never do is take one of the car services at the mall, they will tell you one price then cheat you off at your destination.   

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: March 17, 2017, 05:01:11 PM »
I can't imagine it would make any sense to rent a car in Dubai. Especially if your flying Etihad or Emirates in first or business as they have chofer service. Even without it, as CZ60 mentioned the cabs are reasonably priced and the subway is pretty decent. The only thing you should never do is take one of the car services at the mall, they will tell you one price then cheat you off at your destination.   
Just for a RT from DXB-AUH it seems much better off to rent a car. Not sure what I'm missing.

Offline CZ60

• View Profile
« Reply #612 on: March 17, 2017, 05:04:43 PM »
Just for a RT from DXB-AUH it seems much better off to rent a car. Not sure what I'm missing.
To be fair, you never mentioned you were heading to AUH..

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: March 17, 2017, 05:05:33 PM »
To be fair, you never mentioned you were heading to AUH..
Boy, now that is one helpful Wiki!

Have 48 hours in DXB/AUH. Thoughts on the following?

Arrive DXB Monday at 8am.
-Checkin to Fairmont Palm
-Dubai Mall
-Ski Dubai
-Aquarium (worthwhile without kids?)
-Burj khalifa
-(Worth going to Burj al arab?)
-Fountains

Tuesday:
-Take a cab and bring luggage to Fairmont Bab Al Bahr  
-Ferrari world
-Sheikh Zayed Mosque (Should this be timed to when a tour is being offered?)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: March 17, 2017, 05:06:08 PM »

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: March 17, 2017, 05:08:28 PM »
Gosh the PH DXB is so nice via email, night and day from the Fairmont.
But is it worth spending $180+ when Fairmont is free?
Hmm...

Offline CZ60

• View Profile
« Reply #616 on: March 17, 2017, 05:10:12 PM »
Gosh the PH DXB is so nice via email, night and day from the Fairmont.
But is it worth spending $180+ when Fairmont is free?
Hmm...
If it helps, I did a C+P with a DSU and the points are still in my acct 2 months later... Total was ~$130. PH staff gets an A+++ from me

Offline CZ60

• View Profile
« Reply #617 on: March 17, 2017, 05:12:10 PM »
Has anyone done this tour?
https://www.platinum-heritage.com/heritage-collection-desert-safari/heritage-falconry-and-wildlife-safari

Or what desert tours are recommended?
We did Arabian adventures but it was ~$100pp and took a while bec of the food so I wouldn't recommend to a kosher eating person. If you can find one without the food, it'll feel a lot shorter and more of what you want to do. Get one where you'll be in the desert for sunset. Surreal.

Offline CZ60

• View Profile
« Reply #618 on: March 17, 2017, 05:12:38 PM »

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: March 17, 2017, 05:12:54 PM »
We did Arabian adventures but it was ~$100pp and took a while bec of the food so I wouldn't recommend to a kosher eating person. If you can find one without the food, it'll feel a lot shorter and more of what you want to do. Get one where you'll be in the desert for sunset. Surreal.
Seems like all the sunset ones include dinner.