Author Topic: ISrael: Bezek issues  (Read 26436 times)

Offline moish

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Plat, Avis, SPG Plat
Re: ISrael: Bezek issues
« Reply #60 on: November 21, 2013, 06:23:40 PM »
i am not getting 100 but im not getting 15 either
i know, your area doesnt have the infrastructure for 100, 40 is the highest as with my area as well

Online chucksterace

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 40
    • View Profile
    • LYNX IT Consulting
  • Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA Premier 1K; ; LY Plat; Hyatt Platinum; Hertz President's Circle; Avis President's Club
« Reply #61 on: December 29, 2013, 01:38:50 PM »
I am having problems with Bezeq, keeps on dropping service and I have to unplug and plug in the modem/router. Is this a problem of basically just switching out units or is there a better service I can get?

I need one of the more faster speeds and most reliable service out there? Any thoughts, whats the consensus here thats the best service?
You may not hold me responsible for any actions taken that were recommended from my account or username.

Offline DanH

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 29, 2013, 01:54:00 PM »
I am having problems with Bezeq, keeps on dropping service and I have to unplug and plug in the modem/router. Is this a problem of basically just switching out units or is there a better service I can get?

I need one of the more faster speeds and most reliable service out there? Any thoughts, whats the consensus here thats the best service?
Tashtit or Sapak?
For tech help feel free to Telegram me @DanTechSupp

Offline how

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 29, 2013, 02:22:55 PM »

It might be the snow but you probably need a new router

Online chucksterace

• View Profile
    • LYNX IT Consulting
  • Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA Premier 1K; ; LY Plat; Hyatt Platinum; Hertz President's Circle; Avis President's Club
« Reply #64 on: December 29, 2013, 02:24:48 PM »

Tashtit or Sapak?

?? How do I know which one I have.
You may not hold me responsible for any actions taken that were recommended from my account or username.

Offline how

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 29, 2013, 02:28:58 PM »
?? How do I know which one I have.
you should know on your own what you signed up for but do you know your official email address that they give you? it should end @your sapak. @bezeqint for example would be 014
or you could check your settings on your router

Online chucksterace

• View Profile
    • LYNX IT Consulting
« Reply #66 on: December 29, 2013, 02:34:35 PM »

you should know on your own what you signed up for but do you know your official email address that they give you? it should end @your sapak. @bezeqint for example would be 014
or you could check your settings on your router

My BIL signed up for it and I took over the apartment. Ill look at it soon and let you know.

Offline how

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 29, 2013, 02:47:23 PM »
I still think your issue the router

Offline Red

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 29, 2013, 03:35:51 PM »
I still think your issue the router
+1
I had the same issue and when I got a new router it disappeared.

Offline philbenjoe

• View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz Gold, Avis Prefered
« Reply #69 on: January 14, 2014, 12:48:12 PM »
I just read the whole thread and I'm very confused. I'm moving to Israel after pesach and need internet(from what I understand its not worth getting a DSL cause most cell phones have unlimited calling to the US). What are the best options? Not sure what tashtit and sapak are etc. TIA for the help.
"Why fit in when you were born to stand out?" Dr Seuss

Offline AharonInIsrael

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 14, 2014, 03:25:45 PM »
I just read the whole thread and I'm very confused. I'm moving to Israel after pesach and need internet(from what I understand its not worth getting a DSL cause most cell phones have unlimited calling to the US). What are the best options? Not sure what tashtit and sapak are etc. TIA for the help.
Good luck with move!
In Israel, as opposed to in the US, you receive separate service for the ISP (sapak) and the "wires" actually connecting you (tashtit). There are two types of tashtit in Israel: cable (provided by Hot) and phone-based (Bezeq). There are a larger number of ISPs. You can often work out a deal with either the tashtit company or the ISP to pay one flat rate for both tashtit and sapak (they split it between the two of them). For further reading, see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_in_Israel
In general, I think that using the phone tashtit is cheaper than using cable, but there is a handy-dandy site to compare all prices (also good to use this site for other price comparisons in Israel): http://www.kamaze.co.il/Site/Internet/Default.aspx?FID=si
Let us know if you have more questions!

Offline philbenjoe

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 15, 2014, 03:19:30 PM »
Thanx for your detailed response! That was really kind. Overall which provider is the best in service and price? Do people pay for DSL lines or just rely on cell phones for long distance?

Offline AharonInIsrael

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 15, 2014, 03:39:25 PM »
Thanx for your detailed response! That was really kind. Overall which provider is the best in service and price? Do people pay for DSL lines or just rely on cell phones for long distance?
1) I can't really speak to the difference between cable and DSL tashtit, as I don't live in an area that has cable.

2) With regards to ISP, I've been using Bezeq Bein Leumi and have been very happy with both the service (when I signed up with them, they had the most bandwith to America, which is where most websites I was using were located) and price (I have a special deal through my university).

3) I don't know what people do in general, but I never use the landline that we theoretically have in our house. Regarding cell phones, Golan Telecom offers both unlimited international calling as part of their 59 shekel a month plan, as well as the ability to assign two overseas numbers to your phone: i.e. you can have your family in the US call a local number and it directly connects to your cell phone. In general, most cell phone companies now offer relatively cheap unlimited plans (though most don't include international calling).

Offline philbenjoe

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 15, 2014, 03:43:57 PM »
I guess I will have to sort it out once I move there. As far as Golan service which phones from the US will work? Verizon etc?(Is it worth getting a phone there?)

Offline AharonInIsrael

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 16, 2014, 01:31:30 AM »
I guess I will have to sort it out once I move there. As far as Golan service which phones from the US will work? Verizon etc?(Is it worth getting a phone there?)
Golan should work with everyone phone besides Blackberry (AFAIK).

Bringing a phone from America is probably better, as most technology hardware costs less there. You just need to make sure the phone you have has a slot for a SIM card (not all phones marketed do), and that Verizon can help you unlock it for international use. I am currently using an Android phone I got through Verizon- before I left America, I just called them up and they told me how to unlock it.

The larger cell phone companies (Cellcom, Orange, Pelephone) often have deals that you can buy a phone through them together with service, and then you end up not having to pay for the phone (they spread out the payments over 36 months, and give you a refund each month). This is good and bad because even though you may end up paying nothing for the phone, it ties you to the company, and if you want to leave you have to pay for the phone (and the price they make up for the phone is usually at least 2x what you can buy it for in America). I personally have had bad experiences with this, and from now on have decided to just buy phones for us from the US instead of through the Israeli companies.

Offline philbenjoe

• View Profile
« Reply #75 on: January 16, 2014, 12:47:15 PM »
I'm on sprint in the US now and as far I know none of their phones have sim cards. Do verizon phones normally have sim cards? Also each provider in the US work on different types of networks do all israeli providers work on the same network?(If I get a verizon phone will it work with whichever provider I pick in israel?) Thanx for all your help!

Offline AharonInIsrael

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 16, 2014, 01:33:55 PM »
I'm on sprint in the US now and as far I know none of their phones have sim cards. Do verizon phones normally have sim cards? Also each provider in the US work on different types of networks do all israeli providers work on the same network?(If I get a verizon phone will it work with whichever provider I pick in israel?) Thanx for all your help!
Hmm...I'm not really sure- I feel like we're getting to the limit of my knowledge about the topic :)

I got this info from the Nefesh B'Nefesh website (their "aliyapedia" is a great resource):
Cell Phones: Most Unlocked Quad Band-GSM phones will work here in Israel. Your CDMA based phone (Phones without a SIM card) will not work here.

I don't think all Verizon phones have SIM card capability, but when I was trying to get one I spoke to the store rep about it.

I'm pretty sure phones that work on GSM, UMTS or LTE work here.

Offline philbenjoe

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 16, 2014, 01:38:57 PM »
Thanx a million for all your help!! I think there should be a new thread devoted to all the different services andd things to know in Israel for newcomers.

Offline AharonInIsrael

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 16, 2014, 05:36:10 PM »
Thanx a million for all your help!! I think there should be a new thread devoted to all the different services andd things to know in Israel for newcomers.
That could be a good idea!
In addition to this thread, there's also one on cell phone service (which has a useful wiki): http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=139.msg700748#msg700748

Offline rots5

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
    • Custom Cakes for Every Occassion
« Reply #79 on: February 11, 2014, 02:50:04 AM »
so i thought i was going well dtill i get the bill yesterday...900 SHEK... they were supposed to cancel my triple play but the never did, so they charged me 100$ a month for the past two months... #typicalisraeliscam
If you have any questions please search and then ask. PM me for detailed help.