Author Topic: LSAT Review Course  (Read 46437 times)

Online jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
Re: LSAT Review Course
« Reply #120 on: December 23, 2012, 08:55:40 AM »
C'mon, for a Yeshiva guy, shouldn't the LSAT be the easiest part of (getting in to) law school?! 
(Obviously, not including those that are "academically challenged" )
Yare is right.

I can't tell you how many times I heard that line. You learned gemara for so many years, so that probably helps you with the lsat right?" It's not true IMHO. In gemara you have a solid svara a few on an amud everything else is darshaning and trying to learn it the right way. With the lsat if you think into it like a gemara you'll just get the answers wrong right from the get go. You have 35 min. to answer 25 questions, it's completely different it's all about racing the clock.

And like Yare said the MAIN part of the lsat is general reading comprehension. How well you understand something after you read it. I was at a huge disadvantage here because I hardly read any college level books in the past 5 years.

There is some advantage for 2 guys coming off the street and taking the test (just based on knowing how logic works in general), but once you want to get in the top few percentile gemara won't help much. You need lsat training. It's the type of test that could be mastered all you need to know is how.
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline yare

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 23, 2012, 11:41:46 AM »
Judging from the latter half of your comment, I'm not sure I'd consider the former half credible..  ::)
from the fact that you find issue with the latter part of my statement, means you have no clue what the lsat is about.   

the reading passages are far above and beyond the comprehension of %99.95 of the yeshiva guys.         now, that doesn't mean if they're smart guys they can't pick it up with some hard work, but it's certainly not coming naturally.

Offline Galitzyaner

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 23, 2012, 12:10:55 PM »
Yare is right.
I don't think so
I can't tell you how many times I heard that line. You learned gemara for so many years, so that probably helps you with the lsat right?" It's not true IMHO. In gemara you have a solid svara a few on an amud everything else is darshaning and trying to learn it the right way. With the lsat if you think into it like a gemara you'll just get the answers wrong right from the get go. You have 35 min. to answer 25 questions, it's completely different it's all about racing the clock.

And like Yare said the MAIN part of the lsat is general reading comprehension. How well you understand something after you read it. I was at a huge disadvantage here because I hardly read any college level books in the past 5 years.

There is some advantage for 2 guys coming off the street and taking the test (just based on knowing how logic works in general), but once you want to get in the top few percentile gemara won't help much. You need lsat training. It's the type of test that could be mastered all you need to know is how.
I'll have to agree with you, personally the time limit is the most difficult factor.

from the fact that you find issue with the latter part of my statement, means you have no clue what the lsat is about.   

the reading passages are far above and beyond the comprehension of %99.95 of the yeshiva guys.         now, that doesn't mean if they're smart guys they can't pick it up with some hard work, but it's certainly not coming naturally.
I'm quite familiar with the LSAT.

I guess the intelligence of all your Yeshiva friends tells me how intelligent you are ('tell me who your friends are and i will tell you who you are'?!), if you're surrounded with such Yeshiva friends of whom as you write "99.95%" are  not smart enough...

Very impressive for whichever Yeshiva you went to, but please don't disparage "99.95%" of all the other Yeshiva goers.

Offline yare

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 23, 2012, 12:18:05 PM »
I don't think soI'll have to agree with you, personally the time limit is the most difficult factor.
I'm quite familiar with the LSAT.

I guess the intelligence of all your Yeshiva friends tells me how intelligent you are ('tell me who your friends are and i will tell you who you are'?!), if you're surrounded with such Yeshiva friends of whom as you write "99.95%" are  not smart enough...

Very impressive for whichever Yeshiva you went to, but please don't disparage "99.95%" of all the other Yeshiva goers.
wow, that was a very comprehensive and logical response, i see now what you mean about yeshiva guys   

really man, if you've got nothing smart to say don't feel the need to post a response

Offline Galitzyaner

• View Profile
Re: Re: LSAT Review Course
« Reply #124 on: December 23, 2012, 12:23:02 PM »
wow, that was a very comprehensive and logical response, i see now what you mean about yeshiva guys   

really man, if you've got nothing smart to say don't feel the need to post a response
@yare you're so cute, <pinch your cheeks> ::)

Offline yare

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 23, 2012, 12:33:27 PM »

Offline Galitzyaner

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 23, 2012, 12:39:50 PM »

Offline yare

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 23, 2012, 12:44:09 PM »

Offline Galitzyaner

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 23, 2012, 12:49:31 PM »

Offline Flamer_19

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 11, 2017, 03:19:34 AM »
For my preparations I would prefer a good Online LSAT Prep course as it will be easy for me to study at flexible hours but I am not able to find any good online courses within my budget. Does anyone have suggestions for me?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 08:41:22 AM by jj1000 »

Offline ADG

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 11, 2017, 10:27:52 AM »
Have you tried Maagosh? I use them for GRE and see they help with other tests...

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #131 on: December 11, 2017, 01:21:22 PM »
For my preparations I would prefer a good Online LSAT Prep course as it will be easy for me to study at flexible hours but I am not able to find any good online courses within my budget. Does anyone have suggestions for me?

Scrap the words "within budget" from your vocabulary.  LSAT is the most important test you'll ever take in your life.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline henche

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 11, 2017, 01:23:32 PM »
Scrap the words "within budget" from your vocabulary.  LSAT is the most important test you'll ever take in your life.

Yah. Also you should make your schedule for the course.  You're planning to take 3 years off for law school, you can afford another couple months

Offline Moshe J

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 19, 2019, 07:37:30 PM »
anyone know a good lsat prep course in baltimore?

Offline Moshe J

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 20, 2019, 07:45:31 PM »
anyone know a good lsat prep course in baltimore?
or lsat tutor?