Author Topic: DELTA BIZ first extra bag  (Read 1584 times)

Offline PETERP

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
DELTA BIZ first extra bag
« on: March 21, 2013, 07:39:49 PM »
Flying DL JFK ATH biz and after 2 free bags they say that 3 rd bag is $285 for non medallion

Coach gets 1 bag free @ 50 lbs and their first paid extra bag is $ 100 .

Does that sound fair to you guys?

I would think first paid bag, is first paid bag and why $4 LB  for Biz , versus $2 LB. for coach .

If anyone agrees that its wrong , suggestions. AMEX DL gold card does not give extra luggage
intercontinental flights.

Thanks

Offline WhyAich

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
Re: DELTA BIZ first extra bag
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 08:00:04 PM »
And if we think you're right, how will that change their policy?
For great Airfare deals - PLEASE contact me via PM or email: whyaich@gmail.com

Offline PETERP

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 08:07:51 PM »
And if we think you're right, how will that change their policy?

You don't know your own strength . You can help me make the case to the Supervisor at the Airport
who may let it go by ?

Got away with it 2 years ago when Twitter answered I was allowed extra bag free with Amex card.

I had that printed out and they did not charge . Can't get Twiiter to agree to it again

Offline Mordy788

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 09:55:28 PM »
You got a cut on your finger and threatened to sue the airline because you wanted gold status. Now you insist that your third bag should be free. I highly recommend you check the airlines rules and regulations before purchasing a ticket. When you do purchase the ticket you are Agreeing to the contract of carriage. One way of getting 3 bags would be to earn yourself star alliance gold and you would be allowed 3 bags when you fly.

I understand that we all want to get discounts and enjoy perks and there are legitimate ways of doing it. A little patience and the right strategies, including spending some time reading dans deals can get you those perks, discounts, and even free stuff. I do not know you and it would be terribly unfair to judge you based on your posts but Feeling that so much is owed to you is wrong and the kind of attitude of suing for every little thing that goes wrong makes it very difficult for businesses to provide efficient service at a level that makes fiscal sense.

If you feel I have misjudged you or your situation in anyway please respond.
You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take. –Wayne Gretzky

Offline PETERP

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2013, 12:09:07 PM »
You got a cut on your finger and threatened to sue the airline because you wanted gold status. Now you insist that your third bag should be free. I highly recommend you check the airlines rules and regulations before purchasing a ticket. When you do purchase the ticket you are Agreeing to the contract of carriage. One way of getting 3 bags would be to earn yourself star alliance gold and you would be allowed 3 bags when you fly.

I understand that we all want to get discounts and enjoy perks and there are legitimate ways of doing it. A little patience and the right strategies, including spending some time reading dans deals can get you those perks, discounts, and even free stuff. I do not know you and it would be terribly unfair to judge you based on your posts but Feeling that so much is owed to you is wrong and the kind of attitude of suing for every little thing that goes wrong makes it very difficult for businesses to provide efficient service at a level that makes fiscal sense.

If you feel I have misjudged you or your situation in anyway please respond.

Well firstly, I only threatened to sue after Aegean  did not offer me even a cup of coffee for my trouble.

As for Delta,  I was not expecting a 3rd bag free, but I thought that paying $100 or even $150 because it is 70 lbs versus 50lbs would be fair . But I think that $285 lbs is not fair.  I mentioned $4 per lb Biz versus $2 per lb coach in my post. 

And you  mention Star Alliance  Gold ( which I am working on )  getting me a 3rd bag free on Delta . How ?

Did you see my post about Aegean calling me @ home in NYC , and giving me 2 free RT any where they fly?

And with all due respect, being Greek American I know how these guys think, so I acted accordingly.

And if the T & Cs were to be strictly upheld, I believe 90% of the DDFrs  would be excluded

Isn't that what DD is about ?