Author Topic: NBA Master Thread  (Read 95170 times)

Offline dd321

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: NBA Playoffs 2013
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2013, 01:58:34 PM »

did you forget this play?!

did you forget the first half of the season?

Offline dd321

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2013, 02:01:03 PM »

what little things do the nets fans have to be happy about? we have a top five PG, and a very very good establishing Center... yes joe Johnson is a bit overrated, and wallace is very streaky, but dwill?

exaclty my point! you guys get all hyped up over a slightly above average center! u guys talk about him like hes the next shaq!

Offline dhalpern1

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Fairmont Premier, Priority Club Platinum Elite
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2013, 02:08:08 PM »
exaclty my point! you guys get all hyped up over a slightly above average center! u guys talk about him like hes the next shaq!

He is a good/very good offensive player, but its telling when a 7 footer who gets heavy minutes has never averaged over 8 and a half rebounds per game.

Offline rots5

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
    • Custom Cakes for Every Occassion
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2013, 02:14:25 PM »
You kidding me? Yes tyce is great. But Brooke is a very good second!!  Hes only 3rd yr in the league
If you have any questions please search and then ask. PM me for detailed help.

Offline skyguy918

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2013, 02:19:53 PM »
He is a good/very good offensive player, but its telling when a 7 footer who gets heavy minutes has never averaged over 8 and a half rebounds per game.

Agree with the sentiment, if not with the details. He's more like an elite (top 5) isolation post scorer, but he's not particularly good at scoring in the flow of the offense. Plus, he actually doesn't play enough minutes, he doesn't have the stamina. But the rebounding is the worst of all. This season he ranked 54th in the NBA in rebounds per 48 minutes among players who played at least 70 games.

You kidding me? Yes tyce is great. But Brooke is a very good second!!  Hes only 3rd yr in the league

This is his 5th year in the NBA, including last year when he only played a few games. He's not a growing talent, what you see is what you get.

Offline dd321

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2013, 02:24:31 PM »
Let's not get carried away here. The Yanks have spent an average of $100m+ more than the Mets over the last 10 seasons.
http://www.stevetheump.com/Payrolls.htm#team payrolls
Just to Recap:
From '98-'01 Yankees payroll was from 7 -  16 million more than mets, mets payroll was in top 9 in league.
Rings: Yankees 3 Mets 0

From '02-'03 Payroll difference was 30-35 million.
In '02 mets had 6th highest payroll.
Reg season record: Yankees 103-58 (1st place) Mets 75-86

In '03 mets had 2nd highest payroll
Reg season record: Yankees 101-61 (1st place) Mets 66-95

From '04-'10 Steinbrenner went bezerk (not an excuse) and Yankee payroll avg from 70-100 Million more than Mets. Mets payroll however, still remained in top 5. '08-'09 They had 2nd highest payroll.
Rings: Yankees 1 Mets 0

I can go on and on...

'Nuff said  :)

Offline dd321

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2013, 02:27:18 PM »
Agree with the sentiment, if not with the details. He's more like an elite (top 5) isolation post scorer, but he's not particularly good at scoring in the flow of the offense. Plus, he actually doesn't play enough minutes, he doesn't have the stamina. But the rebounding is the worst of all. This season he ranked 54th in the NBA in rebounds per 48 minutes among players who played at least 70 games.

This is his 5th year in the NBA, including last year when he only played a few games. He's not a growing talent, what you see is what you get.
+100 my point exactly

Offline rots5

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
    • Custom Cakes for Every Occassion
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2013, 02:54:53 PM »
+100 my point exactly
what?! He def is growing. He was never so aggressive. How can you say that? Dwill has said numerous times how he "will not pass the ball" to brook on the perimeter.
If you have any questions please search and then ask. PM me for detailed help.

Offline dd321

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2013, 02:57:10 PM »
what?! He def is growing. He was never so aggressive. How can you say that? Dwill has said numerous times how he "will not pass the ball" to brook on the perimeter.
here we go again... he is at his max potential. period.

Offline skyguy918

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2013, 03:01:45 PM »
http://www.stevetheump.com/Payrolls.htm#team payrolls
Just to Recap:
From '98-'01 Yankees payroll was from 7 -  16 million more than mets, mets payroll was in top 9 in league.
Rings: Yankees 3 Mets 0

From '02-'03 Payroll difference was 30-35 million.
In '02 mets had 6th highest payroll.
Reg season record: Yankees 103-58 (1st place) Mets 75-86

In '03 mets had 2nd highest payroll
Reg season record: Yankees 101-61 (1st place) Mets 66-95

From '04-'10 Steinbrenner went bezerk (not an excuse) and Yankee payroll avg from 70-100 Million more than Mets. Mets payroll however, still remained in top 5. '08-'09 They had 2nd highest payroll.
Rings: Yankees 1 Mets 0

I can go on and on...

'Nuff said  :)

You said "...mets spending almost same amount of $ as Yankees, have nothing to show." I am not a Mets fan and don't really care about the Yankees-Mets 'scoreboard' you seem to be keeping over there. But don't pretend that anyone else in the league spends nearly what the Yankees spend on a consistent basis. You linked to the exact site I got my numbers from, and if you go there and do the math you'll see that my response to you (" The Yanks have spent an average of $100m+ more than the Mets over the last 10 seasons.") is 100% true. Don't tell me about what number team they each were in spending, if the difference between 1 and 2 is $50m, that's still a massive gap.

Offline dd321

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2013, 03:19:46 PM »
You said "...mets spending almost same amount of $ as Yankees, have nothing to show." I am not a Mets fan and don't really care about the Yankees-Mets 'scoreboard' you seem to be keeping over there. But don't pretend that anyone else in the league spends nearly what the Yankees spend on a consistent basis. You linked to the exact site I got my numbers from, and if you go there and do the math you'll see that my response to you (" The Yanks have spent an average of $100m+ more than the Mets over the last 10 seasons.") is 100% true. Don't tell me about what number team they each were in spending, if the difference between 1 and 2 is $50m, that's still a massive gap.
yes but to miss the playoffs or finish in last place twice with the 2nd highest payroll??
mets spent millions and didnt even contend!
look at what redsox spent in the early '00's... pretty darn close to the yankess.. got 2 rings... mets 0. THEY DIDNT EVEN CONTEND!!!!!

Offline skyguy918

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2013, 03:34:07 PM »
yes but to miss the playoffs or finish in last place twice with the 2nd highest payroll??
mets spent millions and didnt even contend!
look at what redsox spent in the early '00's... pretty darn close to the yankess.. got 2 rings... mets 0. THEY DIDNT EVEN CONTEND!!!!!

I'm not defending the Mets, I have no horse in this race. I'm just correcting your wildly untrue statement.

And while we're on the topic, the current Yankee dynasty had the most success before they started spending crazy money. That's not to say they weren't the highest payroll or close to it, but it was within normal amounts of what other big market teams were spending. They didn't crack $100m till 2001, and coincidentally they've won 'only' once (which of course is plenty good, but not to the level of the 5 years before that). To be fair, they had to start paying the great players who one them those 1990's WS's top dollar, but the handing out huge contracts to every star they could get their hands on seemed to set them back, instead of continuing the dynasty.

Offline dd321

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2013, 03:42:32 PM »

And while we're on the topic, the current Yankee dynasty had the most success before they started spending crazy money. That's not to say they weren't the highest payroll or close to it, but it was within normal amounts of what other big market teams were spending. They didn't crack $100m till 2001, and coincidentally they've won 'only' once (which of course is plenty good, but not to the level of the 5 years before that). To be fair, they had to start paying the great players who one them those 1990's WS's top dollar, but the handing out huge contracts to every star they could get their hands on seemed to set them back, instead of continuing the dynasty.
couldnt agree more.. The Boss was desperate

Offline dhalpern1

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Fairmont Premier, Priority Club Platinum Elite
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2013, 03:50:18 PM »
couldnt agree more.. The Boss was desperate

+1. The only prayer is if ARod is implicated in one of these passing steroids scandals and the yankees are somehow able to get out of his contract.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 40K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15685
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime Plat, DL Dirt, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Avis Chairman, National EE, Hertz PC
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2013, 05:02:57 PM »
+1. The only prayer is if ARod is implicated in one of these passing steroids scandals and the yankees are somehow able to get out of his contract.
There's an out for steroid use?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.