Author Topic: NBA Master Thread  (Read 741062 times)

Offline dd321

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: NBA Playoffs 2013
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2013, 09:56:19 AM »
baseball is a pastime. When one is bored. I try never to be that bored!

Buy yes :P why
all the net fans I've come across are also met fans. Similar fans, get excited over small stupid things

Offline rots5

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
    • Custom Cakes for Every Occassion
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2013, 11:00:53 AM »
all the net fans I've come across are also met fans. Similar fans, get excited over small stupid things
You say little things. But the nets were an amazing team those days. Missing that one piece called a center, Jason Collins did not do it.

And seems like the knick fans really think they can win it all under a 16-29 shooting from thier best, and 7-19 shooting from the sixth man if the yr...
If you have any questions please search and then ask. PM me for detailed help.

Offline dd321

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2013, 11:21:18 AM »
You say little things. But the nets were an amazing team those days. Missing that one piece called a center, Jason Collins did not do it.

And seems like the knick fans really think they can win it all under a 16-29 shooting from thier best, and 7-19 shooting from the sixth man if the yr...
little  things like every "next big thing" prospect mets ever had (B4 Matt Harvey & recent prospects ,)  (Alex Escobar, lastings millidge, etc etc.) comparing wright Reyes to jeter cano. Piazza. Pedro. Johan. Met fans get all excited and talk and talk and talk. Don't get me wrong, Yankees have had their share of busts in the past, but atleast they have 5 rings to show for it. While mets spending almost same amount of $ as Yankees, have nothing to show.

a W is a W,  pretty or not. We'll see in 2nd round. Like I said b4, if healthy Knicks Are legit .

Offline skyguy918

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2013, 11:33:46 AM »
... While mets spending almost same amount of $ as Yankees, have nothing to show...

Let's not get carried away here. The Yanks have spent an average of $100m+ more than the Mets over the last 10 seasons.

Offline rots5

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2013, 01:03:57 PM »
little  things like every "next big thing" prospect mets ever had (B4 Matt Harvey & recent prospects ,)  (Alex Escobar, lastings millidge, etc etc.) comparing wright Reyes to jeter cano. Piazza. Pedro. Johan. Met fans get all excited and talk and talk and talk. Don't get me wrong, Yankees have had their share of busts in the past, but atleast they have 5 rings to show for it. While mets spending almost same amount of $ as Yankees, have nothing to show.

a W is a W,  pretty or not. We'll see in 2nd round. Like I said b4, if healthy Knicks Are legit .

scott kazmir too

Offline rots5

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2013, 01:12:25 PM »
whoa whoa! piazza was brilliant here, and pedro def was a good buy, johan was a disaster, and most of the other has beens they have gotten, thank gd the vladimer garrero trade fell thru at the last second!

what little things do the nets fans have to be happy about? we have a top five PG, and a very very good establishing Center... yes joe Johnson is a bit overrated, and wallace is very streaky, but dwill?

did you forget this play?!

Offline judahk88

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2013, 01:28:16 PM »
Im a Met fan and I definitely dont get excited over small things. I have learned the hard way. Although I am excited for Matt Harvey  :)

Offline judahk88

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2013, 01:30:29 PM »
whoa whoa! piazza was brilliant here, and pedro def was a good buy, johan was a disaster, and most of the other has beens they have gotten, thank gd the vladimer garrero trade fell thru at the last second!

what little things do the nets fans have to be happy about? we have a top five PG, and a very very good establishing Center... yes joe Johnson is a bit overrated, and wallace is very streaky, but dwill?

You cant say Johan was a disaster he gave us 2 good seasons and a no hitter so worth all the money we paid him  :P

Offline dhalpern1

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Fairmont Premier, Priority Club Platinum Elite
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2013, 01:57:52 PM »
Still off topic- but can't have any Mets FA acquisition sessions without mentioning 2 players: Bobby Bonilla (still on the payroll) and Mo Vaughn.

Offline judahk88

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2013, 01:58:21 PM »
Still off topic- but can't have any Mets bashing sessions without mentioning 2 players: Bobby Bonilla (still on the payroll) and Mo Vaughn.
+1 cant argue there

Offline dd321

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2013, 01:58:34 PM »

did you forget the first half of the season?

Offline dd321

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2013, 02:01:03 PM »

exaclty my point! you guys get all hyped up over a slightly above average center! u guys talk about him like hes the next shaq!

Offline dhalpern1

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Fairmont Premier, Priority Club Platinum Elite
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2013, 02:08:08 PM »
exaclty my point! you guys get all hyped up over a slightly above average center! u guys talk about him like hes the next shaq!

He is a good/very good offensive player, but its telling when a 7 footer who gets heavy minutes has never averaged over 8 and a half rebounds per game.

Offline rots5

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2013, 02:14:25 PM »
You kidding me? Yes tyce is great. But Brooke is a very good second!!  Hes only 3rd yr in the league

Offline skyguy918

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2013, 02:19:53 PM »
He is a good/very good offensive player, but its telling when a 7 footer who gets heavy minutes has never averaged over 8 and a half rebounds per game.

Agree with the sentiment, if not with the details. He's more like an elite (top 5) isolation post scorer, but he's not particularly good at scoring in the flow of the offense. Plus, he actually doesn't play enough minutes, he doesn't have the stamina. But the rebounding is the worst of all. This season he ranked 54th in the NBA in rebounds per 48 minutes among players who played at least 70 games.

You kidding me? Yes tyce is great. But Brooke is a very good second!!  Hes only 3rd yr in the league

This is his 5th year in the NBA, including last year when he only played a few games. He's not a growing talent, what you see is what you get.

Offline dd321

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2013, 02:24:31 PM »
Let's not get carried away here. The Yanks have spent an average of $100m+ more than the Mets over the last 10 seasons.
http://www.stevetheump.com/Payrolls.htm#team payrolls
Just to Recap:
From '98-'01 Yankees payroll was from 7 -  16 million more than mets, mets payroll was in top 9 in league.
Rings: Yankees 3 Mets 0

From '02-'03 Payroll difference was 30-35 million.
In '02 mets had 6th highest payroll.
Reg season record: Yankees 103-58 (1st place) Mets 75-86

In '03 mets had 2nd highest payroll
Reg season record: Yankees 101-61 (1st place) Mets 66-95

From '04-'10 Steinbrenner went bezerk (not an excuse) and Yankee payroll avg from 70-100 Million more than Mets. Mets payroll however, still remained in top 5. '08-'09 They had 2nd highest payroll.
Rings: Yankees 1 Mets 0

I can go on and on...

'Nuff said  :)

Offline dd321

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2013, 02:27:18 PM »
Agree with the sentiment, if not with the details. He's more like an elite (top 5) isolation post scorer, but he's not particularly good at scoring in the flow of the offense. Plus, he actually doesn't play enough minutes, he doesn't have the stamina. But the rebounding is the worst of all. This season he ranked 54th in the NBA in rebounds per 48 minutes among players who played at least 70 games.

This is his 5th year in the NBA, including last year when he only played a few games. He's not a growing talent, what you see is what you get.
+100 my point exactly

Offline rots5

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2013, 02:54:53 PM »
+100 my point exactly
what?! He def is growing. He was never so aggressive. How can you say that? Dwill has said numerous times how he "will not pass the ball" to brook on the perimeter.

Offline dd321

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2013, 02:57:10 PM »
what?! He def is growing. He was never so aggressive. How can you say that? Dwill has said numerous times how he "will not pass the ball" to brook on the perimeter.
here we go again... he is at his max potential. period.

Offline skyguy918

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2013, 03:01:45 PM »
http://www.stevetheump.com/Payrolls.htm#team payrolls
Just to Recap:
From '98-'01 Yankees payroll was from 7 -  16 million more than mets, mets payroll was in top 9 in league.
Rings: Yankees 3 Mets 0

From '02-'03 Payroll difference was 30-35 million.
In '02 mets had 6th highest payroll.
Reg season record: Yankees 103-58 (1st place) Mets 75-86

In '03 mets had 2nd highest payroll
Reg season record: Yankees 101-61 (1st place) Mets 66-95

From '04-'10 Steinbrenner went bezerk (not an excuse) and Yankee payroll avg from 70-100 Million more than Mets. Mets payroll however, still remained in top 5. '08-'09 They had 2nd highest payroll.
Rings: Yankees 1 Mets 0

I can go on and on...

'Nuff said  :)

You said "...mets spending almost same amount of $ as Yankees, have nothing to show." I am not a Mets fan and don't really care about the Yankees-Mets 'scoreboard' you seem to be keeping over there. But don't pretend that anyone else in the league spends nearly what the Yankees spend on a consistent basis. You linked to the exact site I got my numbers from, and if you go there and do the math you'll see that my response to you (" The Yanks have spent an average of $100m+ more than the Mets over the last 10 seasons.") is 100% true. Don't tell me about what number team they each were in spending, if the difference between 1 and 2 is $50m, that's still a massive gap.