Author Topic: Check out this guy!!!!  (Read 11586 times)

Offline Yordai Dooma

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA EXP/LT Platinum, SPG gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE,
Re: Check out this guy!!!!
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2010, 07:21:08 PM »
Its not the first time ive seen deals swiped from DD and posted on SD.

The last guy who was doing it seemed to have deleted his posts after i PM'd him.

He even left the time stamps from DD when he posted them.

Offline Chaikel

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 20
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Rav Kav Platinum
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2010, 07:22:46 PM »
It's one thing to "borrow" a deal once in a while...
But to steal my stuff consistently word for word without even bothering to cover up your thievery...wow, just wow.
Create professional looking itineraries.
Check out eliteitinerary.com

Offline MarkS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2010, 08:08:30 PM »
Hey I see he copied one of my posts also! Since his main concern is to get a good reputation on SD, how bout some comments on his SD posts saying that he's a fraud?

Offline steve2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2010, 08:22:46 PM »
Its not the first time ive seen deals swiped from DD and posted on SD.

The last guy who was doing it seemed to have deleted his posts after i PM'd him.

He even left the time stamps from DD when he posted them.

and believe me the very opposite is done as well where deals are posted on DD that originated elsewhere first and no mention of the source is posted either

this is what happens when a person is so into Giva that they need everyone to WoW over them and they want everyone to think they are this genius in coming up with things when all they are doing is reposting what they found elsewhere w/o giving credit to the original source

so our mystery person simply is looking to build themselves up via the hard work of others, dont worry eventually they will stumble and end up with their face in the mud

Offline MarkS

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2010, 08:27:14 PM »
People sometimes post here what has been written on other sites (in their own wording) to alert others of a good deal. The problem here is that he is trying to build a reputation as a slick deal finder.......

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2010, 08:39:46 PM »
People sometimes post here what has been written on other sites (in their own wording) to alert others of a good deal. The problem here is that he is trying to build a reputation as a slick deal finder.......

that was my point, whats the difference if I use my words and post about a deal that I only know about since I read it on another site. no matter if I copy it word for word or use my own words, If I find something on another site I should give Credit where Credit is due and mention where I read about so that others shouldnt think I came up with it all by myself, but if I do that then I wont be looked up to as some genius for having found it

Id say the samething even if I received an email from a company, I should post I got an email from XYZ offerring ....   , on the other hand if I read something and thinking it thru realized hey if I do XYZ then ABC will be a possibility and that wasnt mentioned at all then no problem taking credit for working that out

just my 2 cents

got to start getting ready for my flights back to NY , will catch everyone tommorrow or depending on what time I get into LAX in the Club between flights

thought some Bumps were going to materialize Nothing at all, its getter harder and harder
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 08:43:00 PM by steve2 »

Offline MarkS

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2010, 08:43:33 PM »
that was my point, whats the difference if I use my words and post about a deal that I only know about since I read it on another site. no matter if I copy it word for word or use my own words, If I find something on another site I should give Credit where Credit is due and mention where I read about so that others shouldnt think I came up with it all by myself, but if I do that then I wont be looked up to as some genius for having found it

Id say the samething even if I received an email from a company, I should post I got an email from XYZ offerring ....   , on the other hand if I read something and thinking it thru realized hey if I do XYZ then ABC will be a possibility and that wasnt mentioned at all then no problem taking credit for working that out

just my 2 cents
I am just pointing out that when I (and most others here) post something from another site, our purpose is to alert others of a good deal, and not to pretend that we're so saavy.  This guy however, is even reposting comments on threads, and asking people to 'rep' him so he can build up his appearance as a great deal finder!!

Offline Monsey

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2010, 10:37:07 PM »
Come on super you should be able to figure out who he is with the ip address just like you figured out that nunu (or whatever his name was) was from zurich

Offline aussiebochur

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2010, 10:54:25 PM »
HaHa, he copied and pasted my post for the AA cc but just changed DD to SD.
Lav davkeh is it a member of DD, anyone can view and then copy/paste the posts.

With regard to posting on DD, some of the things I post do come from other places but I don't write the source because the rules say -Discussion and links to competing sites and "3rd-party" deals are not allowed.

Offline aaa

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2010, 11:52:25 PM »
Um, guys, hate to break this to you...but his username ends in 770, which pretty much means he's one of us...err..you...whatever...you know what I mean.

lol funny

Offline Yordai Dooma

• View Profile
  • Programs: AA EXP/LT Platinum, SPG gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE,
Ripping posts off DD and DD forums
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2010, 12:04:17 AM »
I dont know what happened to that thread of the guy who was stealing posts from here and the main site...i just thought this post he made was interesting: http://tinyurl.com/2b5gml5 (i purposely put it in a tinyurl so it wouldnt be linked to this site).

Look at that guys other posts and see all the posts he ripped off here including the office depot one i posted today which was dead already. If you look at some of his recent posts there, you can even see a picture of him...anyone recognize the culprit? He has been taking random posts from this site and obviously spends some time on this site as he said he was treated nice here. How obnoxious can he get?

Offline Yordai Dooma

• View Profile
Re: Ripping posts off DD and DD forums
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2010, 12:09:39 AM »

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2010, 12:15:25 AM »
Found the culprit...check out this post: http://www.dansdeals.com/forums/index.php?topic=2657.msg26216#msg26216
and this one: http://tinyurl.com/26we3eb
wit770 copies everyone's posts here...that's most definitely not the culprit.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Yordai Dooma

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2010, 12:18:08 AM »
wit770 copies everyone's posts here...that's most definitely not the culprit.

If you look at the post there, you can see that he combined two posts from this site. The original one asking about the megabus tickets as well as the one specifying whiat routing he was looking for (on this site its in 2 different posts and on that site, it was combined in one). And then he posts again on that site asking again if anyone had any info...why would he do that unless he really wanted to know that answer?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2010, 12:21:59 AM »
If you look at the post there, you can see that he combined two posts from this site. The original one asking about the megabus tickets as well as the one specifying whiat routing he was looking for (on this site its in 2 different posts and on that site, it was combined in one). And then he posts again on that site asking again if anyone had any info...why would he do that unless he really wanted to know that answer?
Probably the same reason he thinks that he went from Brazil to Dallas, New York, Tokyo, Los Angeles, Miami, and back to Sao Paulo all for the price of 2 LAX-JFK flights....
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Yordai Dooma

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2010, 12:25:59 AM »
Probably the same reason he thinks that he went from Brazil to Dallas, New York, Tokyo, Los Angeles, Miami, and back to Sao Paulo all for the price of 2 LAX-JFK flights....

It just seems so strange that he/she would put the two different posts together and then ask again for more info. Could be i was chosheid biksheirim. I apologize to eliteflyer if i was. Whoever is doing it obviously comes around here and has no boosha stealing posts like that.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2010, 12:40:05 AM »
It just seems so strange that he/she would put the two different posts together and then ask again for more info. Could be i was chosheid biksheirim. I apologize to eliteflyer if i was. Whoever is doing it obviously comes around here and has no boosha stealing posts like that.
Read through the first page of this thread.  The ganev rips off lots of stuff word for word.
Besides, I know eliteflyer personally...it ain't him, trust me.

Offline Yordai Dooma

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2010, 12:42:35 AM »
Read through the first page of this thread.  The ganev rips off lots of stuff word for word.
Besides, I know eliteflyer personally...it ain't him, trust me.

yeah, i read the whole thing. There was another guy a while ago who seems to have deleted all his posts there. I apologize to eliteflyer...
Anyone recognize the people in the picture he posted?

Offline Deal Guy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2010, 01:33:02 AM »
He even posted my thread of the flight attendant 'STEALING' :P, (and so far only 100 people viewed my thread, so who is it?)

Offline ChAiM'l

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2010, 12:00:50 PM »
Ok, I'm not even sure its a "he"... judging from some of his/her posts ... Talk about split-personality ... I mean, this guy/girl even taught a culinary program at a university in Philadelphia ...
p.s. I won't even go into their choice of underwear...