Author Topic: Spend threshold due tomorrow but charge not posting  (Read 1033 times)

Offline ChikkyMonkey

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Spend threshold due tomorrow but charge not posting
« on: May 07, 2013, 01:53:50 AM »
I need to reach a spend threshold on my citi aa card by tomorrow, I have some charges that are still pending for the past 6-7 days... will that count towards my spend even if they haven't yet posted?

if not any ideas how to resolve this?

Thanks

Offline Fan of Dan

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Spend threshold due tomorrow but charge not posting
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 01:57:53 AM »
I need to reach a spend threshold on my citi aa card by tomorrow, I have some charges that are still pending for the past 6-7 days... will that count towards my spend even if they haven't yet posted?

if not any ideas how to resolve this?

Thanks
Any idea why the chrages are taking so long to post? Chances are will not be an issue but not speaking from experience.

Offline ChikkyMonkey

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 08:19:19 PM »
Just received the following answer saying I didn't meet the threshold... Anyone have any ideas how I might be able to reverse this decision?? 

Your account earns one American Airlines AAdvantageŽ mile for each dollar charged in purchases, less any credits for returned merchandise. Cash advances, interest charges and any Citi fees are excluded when calculating American Airlines AAdvantageŽ miles.

Eligible purchases Exclude balance transfers, convenience checks, cash advances, items returned for credit, interest charges and fees.

You enrolled to earn 50,000 bonus miles after making $2500.00 in purchases using this card within 4 months of the date the account was established. This offer expired on 5/8/2013. The purchases need to be posted to the account in order to be eligible, since the purchase did not post by 5/8/2013, the purchase did not count towards the purchase requirement and the purchase requirement was not met.

Our records indicate that you currently have $1597.31 in pending authorizations. The total amount of the pending authorization(s) is not included in your balance, but it has decreased your available credit.

Your unbilled activity is updated daily as authorizations post to your account. Authorizations are placed on your account when you make a purchase over the merchant's floor limit. This is the maximum amount a merchant may charge against your account without our approval. The amount of the authorization is normally equal to the amount of your purchase and should reduce your total available credit by that same amount. The authorization hold is removed when the purchase posts to your account. If the merchant does not submit a charge for an amount that has been authorized, they must contact us to delete the authorization. If the charge does not post or the merchant does not contact us, the authorization will be automatically deleted in approximately 30 days. If you feel your account reflects an invalid authorization, you must contact the merchant and request they notify us to remove the authorization.

If there is any way we can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact us.

I also had a separate problem that took them a month to actually send me the card (original it never arrived)

Offline Shmulyg

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2013, 08:56:27 PM »
I also had a separate problem that took them a month to actually send me the card (original it never arrived)
I would try and go with that argument.