Author Topic: Went through the process of house hunting/buying  (Read 118115 times)

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
Re: Went through the process of house hunting/buying
« Reply #460 on: April 25, 2017, 08:49:33 AM »
I'm sure he thinks that.
Well he was getting costumers. Also, ifthe issue is that he went off on his own prematurely the issue is that he did not realize his limitations and not that he went off on his own.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 09:01:58 AM by aygart »
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline hvaces42

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: April 25, 2017, 09:40:42 AM »
Well he was getting costumers. Also, ifthe issue is that he went off on his own prematurely the issue is that he did not realize his limitations and not that he went off on his own.
Right, and training had nothing to do with it. Stop justifying poor moral conduct. הקרת הטוב is not optional. Particularly when you become direct competition its the exact opposite.
Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #462 on: April 25, 2017, 10:27:45 AM »
Right, and training had nothing to do with it. Stop justifying poor moral conduct. הקרת הטוב is not optional. Particularly when you become direct competition its the exact opposite.
There are limits to how long the apprentice can be expected to sta without meaningful pay. Once he feels he has enough experience to go out on his own he will unless he is given a raise. I have had sales reps who I taught enough to go on their own. They are still with me since I make sure that now that they are more capable I pay them commensurate with their new capabilities. A carpenter should do the same. When he has an apprentice it is a two way street. He is not a chesed organization. He is getting cheap labor in exchange for training. Once the training is completed he has not right to expect the cheap labor to continue.

Offline elit

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: April 25, 2017, 10:34:59 AM »
So you milk the first one for all the info, the hand holding, the million and one questions and have a ready package for the second one. Sounds like typical frum business. Like every tradesman that I know (plumber, electrician, carpenter etc.) 6 months after training his worker the guy is undercutting his old boss on pricing and taking jobs away. Whatever happened to loyalty? Trust? Even if it costs you over time. Small price to pay for a good moral compass. But thats a discussion for the ethics thread.
sorry I went thru the process from the other end and it looks quite different.... there wasn't a lot of hand holding and million and one questions... I provided the paperwork then continued to get more and more paperwork requested that could've been asked for earlier... waited and waited as they made up more and more issues that broker said would cause my rate to go up and each time I said then I'll go somewhere else and then they magically found a way to fix it each time until they tried to raise my my rate at the last minute when they thought it would be too late for me to switch but I did switch and gave the new broker the list of paper work they requested got it done in 3 weeks while the first broker tried to get me to switch back bc once again they magically figured out a way to not have to up.my rate but at that point I was so done with them.
So I always tell people to always have two broker options so they can't blackmail you...
I find it very hard to believe that because someone put effort into your loan they don't have to keep you satisfied to close the deal

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #464 on: April 25, 2017, 11:37:53 AM »
sorry I went thru the process from the other end and it looks quite different.... there wasn't a lot of hand holding and million and one questions... I provided the paperwork then continued to get more and more paperwork requested that could've been asked for earlier... waited and waited as they made up more and more issues that broker said would cause my rate to go up and each time I said then I'll go somewhere else and then they magically found a way to fix it each time until they tried to raise my my rate at the last minute when they thought it would be too late for me to switch but I did switch and gave the new broker the list of paper work they requested got it done in 3 weeks while the first broker tried to get me to switch back bc once again they magically figured out a way to not have to up.my rate but at that point I was so done with them.
So I always tell people to always have two broker options so they can't blackmail you...
I find it very hard to believe that because someone put effort into your loan they don't have to keep you satisfied to close the deal
That makes sense. As long as you're upfront about the competition i think that's fair.
Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.

Offline skyguy918

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: April 25, 2017, 11:56:35 AM »
That makes sense. As long as you're upfront about the competition i think that's fair.
You appear to have glossed over the part where the broker didn't offer the best rate he could get up front. This stuff happens all the time, and it erodes trust in the broker, leading the borrower to shop around.

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #466 on: April 25, 2017, 01:09:42 PM »
You appear to have glossed over the part where the broker didn't offer the best rate he could get up front. This stuff happens all the time, and it erodes trust in the broker, leading the borrower to shop around.
The best rate is not relevant. The broker can lower the rate significantly and make no money at all. The way you make it sound its as if there is never any markup in any business and never any negotiation allowed. You have to get the best price right when you ask for the initial offer and thats just fantasy. Do you not trust someone who tries to sell something at a higher price and agrees to lower the price and make less money?

Offline skyguy918

• View Profile
« Reply #467 on: April 25, 2017, 01:41:07 PM »
The best rate is not relevant. The broker can lower the rate significantly and make no money at all. The way you make it sound its as if there is never any markup in any business and never any negotiation allowed. You have to get the best price right when you ask for the initial offer and thats just fantasy. Do you not trust someone who tries to sell something at a higher price and agrees to lower the price and make less money?
Of course it's relevant. The business is structured in such a way that in order for the borrower to get the best rate they can from a broker they have to leverage one broker/banker against the other. Inevitably, that means someone will have put in work for no gain. If theoretically I have 2 brokers that will end up at the same rate, and the first required a whole cat and mouse game to get their while the second didn't (as in elit's story), I'm going with the second even if the first did more 'legwork' for me.

Offline yomo

• View Profile
« Reply #468 on: April 25, 2017, 09:13:52 PM »
Seems you are correct. :-[ I guess you can see I havent been in that business for a few years.

Either way its disclosed in section J on the Loan Estimate and Closing Disclosure as lender credit.
Need to ask.

Bottom line is, it costs money to get a mortgage. Regarding the broker/bankers commission- theyre either going to make money in the front (charging you points) or the back (higher rate re: YSP or SRP). Same holds true whether youre dealing with the Mortgage guy at your local C&S down the street, the guy at Chase, or any mortgage broker out there.
What about MR Capital?
Are you familiar with them?
They claim to only make $ when "they sell the loan" is this accurate?

Offline noturbizniss

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: April 25, 2017, 11:45:46 PM »
If I got commitment from a broker and they say they lock in rate, I signed some paperwork etc, can is till go elsewhere?if I find lower rate? I just feel like my broker makes me pull teeth to get info. Not very forthcoming.
READ THE DARN WIKI!!!!

Chuck Norris...
...can still do FT method
...READS THE WIKI!!!

Offline coralsnake

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: April 26, 2017, 12:04:33 AM »
If I got commitment from a broker and they say they lock in rate, I signed some paperwork etc, can is till go elsewhere?if I find lower rate? I just feel like my broker makes me pull teeth to get info. Not very forthcoming.
You can go elsewhere until you close. If you need some recommendations you know where to find me.
"Here at DansDeals we don’t do buses." -Dan

Offline yomo

• View Profile
« Reply #471 on: April 26, 2017, 01:12:47 AM »
You can go elsewhere until you close. If you need some recommendations you know where to find me.
Who do you recommend?

Offline moko

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: April 26, 2017, 06:58:35 AM »
Right, and training had nothing to do with it. Stop justifying poor moral conduct. הכקרת הטוב is not optional. Particularly when you become direct competition its the exact opposite.
ftfy

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile

Offline elit

• View Profile
« Reply #474 on: April 26, 2017, 08:26:35 AM »
definitely.  I can give you a recommendation also

Offline moko

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: April 26, 2017, 08:29:13 AM »
you may have signed papers that included a fee for the rate lock

Offline Moshe123

• View Profile
  • Programs: Lost
« Reply #476 on: April 26, 2017, 09:04:17 AM »
There are limits to how long the apprentice can be expected to sta without meaningful pay. Once he feels he has enough experience to go out on his own he will unless he is given a raise. I have had sales reps who I taught enough to go on their own. They are still with me since I make sure that now that they are more capable I pay them commensurate with their new capabilities. A carpenter should do the same. When he has an apprentice it is a two way street. He is not a chesed organization. He is getting cheap labor in exchange for training. Once the training is completed he has not right to expect the cheap labor to continue.

Besides that the employer has usually done exactly the same thing to his previous employer.

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #477 on: April 26, 2017, 02:16:10 PM »
Besides that the employer has usually done exactly the same thing to his previous employer.
So that makes it right?

Also, there is a reason why in NYC to become a Licensed Plumber or Electrician you need to apprentice for 7 years with increases in pay. Its not 6 months and "I've got this."

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #478 on: April 26, 2017, 03:06:21 PM »
So that makes it right?

Also, there is a reason why in NYC to become a Licensed Plumber or Electrician you need to apprentice for 7 years with increases in pay. Its not 6 months and "I've got this."
If the carpenter would be willing to do the same maybe the guy wouldn't go into competition with him.

Offline Chani1

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: April 27, 2017, 11:04:33 AM »
I'm closing on a house next week. The interest rate we locked in is 4.5% Our mortgage to income ratio is 50%. My mother in law would be willing to cosign if it would bring down the rate. Is there any way to bring down the interest rate or is it too late?

Any help would be appreciated. TIA