Author Topic: infant reservation confusion  (Read 3985 times)

Offline moish

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Plat, Avis, SPG Plat
infant reservation confusion
« on: July 02, 2008, 08:16:06 PM »
here we go  i made a reservation a few days ago for myself and my wife on lan.com from tlv to milan and returning from rome (rom-tlv) on alitalia. after our reservations were confirmed i called alitalia to put an infant on the reservation which they did and confirmed. i called back lan to issue the tickests but they told me that they only see the infant res. on the return flight and not on the outbound and advised me to call alitalia to put her in the entire thing. i called back alitalia and they said that shes already in there and even cancelled her and reconfirmed. lan still doesnt see it. i call aliatlia and they say from the supervisor that until lan sees it i shouldnt issue the ticket because i would get messed up at the airport and wouldnt be able to fly because they need to know about the infant beforehand in order to configure the oxygen masks correctly. called back lan - nothing doing. called back alitalia and this person tells me also from a supervisor that i should issue my wifes and my own ticket and the ticket office at tlv would issue the infant and they would know about it since they see it in the reservation (only lan doesnt see it) . i only wrote half of what transpired and as you can imagine im in a total state of confusion as what to do. can someone out there shed some light?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: infant reservation confusion
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2008, 08:27:00 PM »
Why do you need LAN to see the infant?
If Alitalia says they have it who cares about LAN?

Anyway, how much cheaper was the infant ticket?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline sns

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2008, 08:29:15 PM »
just curious how much are they charging for an infant?
 and if anybody knows how much they charge on ba or other major airlines?
(sorry im of no help)

Offline moish

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2008, 08:38:23 PM »
Why do you need LAN to see the infant?
If Alitalia says they have it who cares about LAN?

Anyway, how much cheaper was the infant ticket?
thanks dan for replying. i need lan to see it in order to issue her ticket.  since lan created the reervation alitalia wont issue the ticket they only see her in the reservation  and the inf ticket costs $70
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 08:40:43 PM by moish »

Offline TAGENT

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2008, 08:53:14 PM »
If you went to double check to see if every think is in the res then go to this website http://www.checkmytrip.com/ put in the res no. and your lest name, and you will find every thing, since LAN Airlines, and Alitalia Airlines both are using the Amadeus booking angine

Offline moish

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2008, 09:02:38 PM »
If you went to double check to see if every think is in the res then go to this website http://www.checkmytrip.com/ put in the res no. and your lest name, and you will find every thing, since LAN Airlines, and Alitalia Airlines both are using the Amadeus booking angine

it doesnt take alitalias number

Offline Eli

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Platinum, Priority Club Platinum, Fairmont Premier, Avis First, Star Alliance Gold, bmi Gold and A"A Lifetime Gold
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2008, 11:28:26 AM »
I would say you should so what I do all the time when people are blaming each other and you're going back and forth...You should make a conference call between the two of them and let them figure it out. Once they are on the phone with each other they will have no choice but to work it out, because there is no more blaming that the other one didn't do it properly.
-Eli

levi

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2008, 11:30:13 AM »
I would say you should so what I do all the time when people are blaming each other and you're going back and forth...You should make a conference call between the two of them and let them figure it out. Once they are on the phone with each other they will have no choice but to work it out, because there is no more blaming that the other one didn't do it properly.
What do you do in a situation that they do not want you to make the conference call?

Offline Eli

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Platinum, Priority Club Platinum, Fairmont Premier, Avis First, Star Alliance Gold, bmi Gold and A"A Lifetime Gold
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2008, 11:41:53 AM »
You make it anyway. Ask them to hold on for a few minutes and then connect the 2 parties. I've done it within the same company but never with 2 different ones. For example I would call the warranty department and customer service at the same time and connect them.
-Eli