Author Topic: New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island Canada!  (Read 5525 times)

Offline bem684

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Consider this a continuation of my post in the Maine thread.  (http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=1063.msg518163#msg518163

Our first stop after Moosehorn National Wildlife Refuge in Maine was St Stephens, NS.  I believe we spent a night there.  http://www.town.ststephen.nb.ca/visitors.php

Next was St Andrews - this was a very cute town to walk around and window shop.  On our way home a week later, we stopped there again and visited Kingsbrae Gardens www.kingsbraegarden.com/ and took a whale-watching tour on the Bay of Fundy (note - even in August it is WINDY and COLD on the water.  However, we got to see several Finback whales which are the second largest in the world.)

The Hopewell Rocks were our next stop.  http://www.thehopewellrocks.ca/  This place is VERY cool.  At low tide you can walk along the sandy shoreline underneath these gigantic rock formations that were created by the movement of the huge tides that occur there.  But at high tide, the same ground you were walking on earlier in the day is now 40+ feet under water.  You have to see the pictures to get a feel for this.  You ALSO need to be aware of the tide schedule when you plan your visit.... we saw high tide on our way up...and high tide again on our way back because the tide times had changed drastically during the time we were in NS and PEI.

From Hopewell Rocks we drove on in to Nova Scotia.  We visited the public garden and spent Shabbos in Halifax.  There is a nice shul in Halifax  http://www.thebethisrael.com/

While in Halifax we spoke to many locals and they convinced us to head north to Cape Breton.  On the way up there we visited Two Rivers Wildlife Park http://www.tworiverspark.ca/index0.php which has a very nice wildlife trail where you can get pretty close to the animals - I was able to touch a reindeer through the chain link fence.   

This is taking longer to type than I anticipated.... I'll continue it another time.  Stay tuned for Cape Breton and Prince Edward Island!

Offline Fan of Dan

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Re: New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island Canada!
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2013, 10:27:30 PM »
Way to go keep it coming!

Offline yoelygb

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2014, 02:30:12 AM »
Consider this a continuation of my post in the Maine thread.  (http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=1063.msg518163#msg518163

Our first stop after Moosehorn National Wildlife Refuge in Maine was St Stephens, NS.  I believe we spent a night there.  http://www.town.ststephen.nb.ca/visitors.php

Next was St Andrews - this was a very cute town to walk around and window shop.  On our way home a week later, we stopped there again and visited Kingsbrae Gardens www.kingsbraegarden.com/ and took a whale-watching tour on the Bay of Fundy (note - even in August it is WINDY and COLD on the water.  However, we got to see several Finback whales which are the second largest in the world.)

The Hopewell Rocks were our next stop.  http://www.thehopewellrocks.ca/  This place is VERY cool.  At low tide you can walk along the sandy shoreline underneath these gigantic rock formations that were created by the movement of the huge tides that occur there.  But at high tide, the same ground you were walking on earlier in the day is now 40+ feet under water.  You have to see the pictures to get a feel for this.  You ALSO need to be aware of the tide schedule when you plan your visit.... we saw high tide on our way up...and high tide again on our way back because the tide times had changed drastically during the time we were in NS and PEI.

From Hopewell Rocks we drove on in to Nova Scotia.  We visited the public garden and spent Shabbos in Halifax.  There is a nice shul in Halifax  http://www.thebethisrael.com/

While in Halifax we spoke to many locals and they convinced us to head north to Cape Breton.  On the way up there we visited Two Rivers Wildlife Park http://www.tworiverspark.ca/index0.php which has a very nice wildlife trail where you can get pretty close to the animals - I was able to touch a reindeer through the chain link fence.   

This is taking longer to type than I anticipated.... I'll continue it another time.  Stay tuned for Cape Breton and Prince Edward Island!
Still waiting for a follow up

Offline Chuck2

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United, Hertz, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Avis Chairman, Hertz PC
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2018, 06:45:53 PM »
I'm trying to plan a Trip to New Brunswick and Nova Scotia for 3 days. I will be traveling with a 6 month old baby and want to know what are the activities I must do (with a baby). Are there any whale watching tours I can do with a baby?...
:-)

Offline chayie

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2018, 01:20:28 PM »
Hi

We just did a 10-day trip to Nova Scotia. It was amazing.
I don't have time to write it up now, but if anyone wants any info on NS (Halifax, AND other parts of NS), I'd be glad to help, so just PM me.

Hopefully after Sukkos, I'll have time to write a full TR.

Offline ari9

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2019, 08:36:47 PM »
Hi

We just did a 10-day trip to Nova Scotia. It was amazing.
I don't have time to write it up now, but if anyone wants any info on NS (Halifax, AND other parts of NS), I'd be glad to help, so just PM me.

Hopefully after Sukkos, I'll have time to write a full TR.
are you able to write up some quick pointers / itinerary?

Online yitzgar

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2023, 09:15:29 AM »
I'm trying to plan a Trip to New Brunswick and Nova Scotia for 3 days. I will be traveling with a 6 month old baby and want to know what are the activities I must do (with a baby). Are there any whale watching tours I can do with a baby?...
Did you end up going?

Offline Chuck2

• View Profile
  • Programs: United, Hertz, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Avis Chairman, Hertz PC
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2023, 09:55:10 AM »
Did you end up going?
Yes. I spent a Friday and Shabbos in Halifax and spent 2 days in cape Bretton while driving and hiking trails around the Cabot Trail. Notable places were skyline Trail, Middle head Trailhead. We went to Hopewell Rocks and whale watching New Brunswick on my way back...
Ask questions and I'll try to post
« Last Edit: July 24, 2023, 11:43:47 AM by Chuck2 »

Online yitzgar

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2023, 12:15:27 PM »
Thanks. Where did you stay for shabbos? Hotel or Airbnb?

Online yitzgar

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2023, 12:16:43 PM »
Was whale watching an issue with an baby? I believe they are generally 2-4 hours long.

Offline Chuck2

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2023, 02:45:08 PM »
Thanks. Where did you stay for shabbos? Hotel or Airbnb?
I stayed in the Marriott. There a convention close by and Chabad had Minyan... there. There's Airbnbs close by. I would call Rabbi Feldman (the Chabad Shliach) and confirm with him regarding shabbos.

Offline Chuck2

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2023, 03:10:24 PM »
Was whale watching an issue with an baby? I believe they are generally 2-4 hours long.
I went with a 10 Month old baby  The Company was Jolly Breeze Whale adventures and I took the Tall Ship (old fashioned looking one). It was not a very bumpy ride for whale watching. I brought my baby in an infant car seat with a sweatshirt and blanket and he was fine. The trip was great I saw bald eagles, 2 or 3 different types of whales (one of them was probably 60-70 feet long) and seals. It was a really nice trip and they even had kosher (not CY) hot cocoa for everyone on the boat.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2023, 03:15:51 PM by Chuck2 »

Online yitzgar

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2023, 04:21:28 PM »
I went with a 10 Month old baby  The Company was Jolly Breeze Whale adventures and I took the Tall Ship (old fashioned looking one). It was not a very bumpy ride for whale watching. I brought my baby in an infant car seat with a sweatshirt and blanket and he was fine. The trip was great I saw bald eagles, 2 or 3 different types of whales (one of them was probably 60-70 feet long) and seals. It was a really nice trip and they even had kosher (not CY) hot cocoa for everyone on the boat.

Wow, thanks for all the great info