Author Topic: Road Trip: NYC-FL  (Read 4230 times)

Offline jaywhy

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
Re: Road Trip: NYC-FL
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2013, 08:29:01 AM »
I did this trip on Pesach 2003 right after this article came out. Unfortunately I don't really remember the details of everywhere we stopped.

The only to places a remember that we stopped were Hilton Head, SC to stop and chill at the beach and then Myrtle Beach, SC.

I guess since I was on the way back from Miami I wasn't really impressed with the beaches since Miami Beach is so much nicer but If you are going the other direction the beaches should get nicer as you move south.

Myrtle Beach was also a little bit of a let down. There is a big tourist area next to the beach that reminds me of Clifton Hill in Niagara Falls. Ripley's Believe it or Not, Haunted Houses, game rooms, etc. Hopefully there are other nice places that you can hit up. I didn't do much research before I went and we just stopped randomly along the way...
Not really down for beaches on this trip, I want to see the scenery and get a feel for the south. I'm a fan of randomly stopping too :) Thanks.
Actually in middle of the same trip myself with my wife. Went to Watercountry USA in Williamsburg VA. They have a partnership w Busch Gardens. Dunno if its still available but i got tix for a 1 day pass to the park and it had an option for unlimited visits until Sept 2. plan on going again on the way back north for a couple days, so got 3 admissions to the park for $50 pp. Seemed like a gr8 deal to me.
Also a nice town in North Fla, Old St. Augustine. It's supposedly the oldest town in the continental US or something like that. There is a model of a wooden frigate from Spain that is on a tour around the world docked there as of two weeks ago. Looked pretty cool. Did a helicopter tour over the area for $100 pp, and really enjoyed it.
There was a place I saw on TA to see how to make glass things and you could make your own objects in Baltimore. Didn't have a chance to see it but looked really good and had gr8 reviews.
I'll plan a stop at St Augustine. Thanks.