Author Topic: Amex Requesting Proof For Business Cards  (Read 1710 times)

Offline MaaYanky

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 22
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, and since others...
Amex Requesting Proof For Business Cards
« on: August 08, 2013, 07:12:35 PM »
Hi to all,
Please let me know if you have any advice:
I received a call from a amex account manager and after calling back through the number on the back of my card I was asked a bunch of questions regarding the business that I opened a few cards under as Sole Proprietor. As I have income I thought this would be OK but they want me to show that I have pay taxes on business income.
They sent me the following email with a attachment that I attached to this post:
'American Express recently requested that you complete and return a tax form called the 4506T in order to conduct a financial review. The 4506T authorizes American Express to retrieve tax information. We find the review process to be a necessary requirement in order to conduct our business in a prudent and successful manner.'

Offline elikay

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: Amex Requesting Proof For Business Cards
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 11:33:07 PM »
Hi to all,
Please let me know if you have any advice:
I received a call from a amex account manager and after calling back through the number on the back of my card I was asked a bunch of questions regarding the business that I opened a few cards under as Sole Proprietor. As I have income I thought this would be OK but they want me to show that I have pay taxes on business income.
They sent me the following email with a attachment that I attached to this post:
'American Express recently requested that you complete and return a tax form called the 4506T in order to conduct a financial review. The 4506T authorizes American Express to retrieve tax information. We find the review process to be a necessary requirement in order to conduct our business in a prudent and successful manner.'
Welcome to the forums this process is known as an FR, search for that term in the search box and you will see a gazillion posts on it.

Offline MaaYanky

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 22
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, and since others...
Re: Amex Requesting Proof For Business Cards
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2013, 09:36:01 AM »
Thank you for pointing me there. I'm hoping someone can answer my questions I posted there.