Topic Wiki

If your PayPal or Net Spend account was closed and you don’t want to wait forever for your money then here are some useful links
FDIC
https://www2.fdic.gov/starsmail/index.asp
CFPB can also very effective
http://www.consumerfinance.gov/complaint/
OCC
http://www.occ.gov/

« Last edited by Bostener on March 06, 2014, 05:37:38 AM »

Author Topic: Need to meet a spending threshold? Paypal my cash cards  (Read 112830 times)

Offline tuvz

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Need to meet a spending threshold? Paypal my cash cards
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2013, 04:57:28 AM »
So? You can still send people money with PayPal. A can send B the $500, who can withdraw it. So A doesn't have to withdraw it himself.

+1
any one have experience with this?

Offline jaywhy

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2013, 09:24:31 AM »
So? You can still send people money with PayPal. A can send B the $500, who can withdraw it. So A doesn't have to withdraw it himself.
I've heard this causes shutdowns as well.

Offline MaaYanky

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 22
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, and since others...
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2013, 03:48:18 PM »
I've been using this card for the past 3 months for over $30,000 in spending and putting them on 4 different accounts without an issue. I set it up for a family member and by $4000 their account was under review. They didn't call in to satisfy paypal and the account was made limited with no access to the $500 sitting in the account. We were told it takes 45 days for the funds to become available and when its withdrawn they will close the account with no chance of it being reopened. We'll try our luck with another rep soon.

Offline m65

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2014, 01:13:34 AM »
I've been using this card for the past 3 months for over $30,000 in spending and putting them on 4 different accounts without an issue. I set it up for a family member and by $4000 their account was under review. They didn't call in to satisfy paypal and the account was made limited with no access to the $500 sitting in the account. We were told it takes 45 days for the funds to become available and when its withdrawn they will close the account with no chance of it being reopened. We'll try our luck with another rep soon.
what ended up happening with the closed account? ive been doing this myself for  a week now and im scared like hec!

Offline thegoodguy23

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2014, 11:30:47 AM »
what ended up happening with the closed account? ive been doing this myself for  a week now and im scared like hec!

You never know when the S-Day will be near.. just kidding :)

Offline CholentTheTraveler

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Delta Gold, Hilton Honors Gold, United, Hertz Gold, SPG Gold
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2014, 11:40:14 AM »
I personally would suggest everything in moderation but let us know ow it works out for you. Just curious how much have you done on the PP card to date?

Offline m65

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2014, 12:52:50 AM »
I personally would suggest everything in moderation but let us know ow it works out for you. Just curious how much have you done on the PP card to date?
5k in 1 week btwn me and wife

Offline MaaYanky

• View Profile
  • Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, and since others...
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2014, 04:33:42 AM »
I agree, if you want to be careful.
I did 16k for 2 months in a row with no issues whatsoever! In total I did over 70k in PP spending since this past July. I did a few thousand on VRs, AP and other methods, but found this to be the best!

Offline m65

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2014, 08:56:53 AM »
I agree, if you want to be careful.
I did 16k for 2 months in a row with no issues whatsoever! In total I did over 70k in PP spending since this past July. I did a few thousand on VRs, AP and other methods, but found this to be the best!
did u ever unload 4k into 1 account over 8 consecutive days?

Offline MaaYanky

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2014, 09:14:02 AM »
did u ever unload 4k into 1 account over 8 consecutive days?
Ha. Did I ever not is the better question :)
They say you have 4k/month (for some reason there have been months that they only let me do $3500) but the truth is that when the first of the month comes many times the limit doesn't reset. To avoid this I unload all 8 cards per account as fast as possible and then move on to the next ones.

Offline princea143

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2014, 07:22:28 PM »
Ha. Did I ever not is the better question :)
They say you have 4k/month (for some reason there have been months that they only let me do $3500) but the truth is that when the first of the month comes many times the limit doesn't reset. To avoid this I unload all 8 cards per account as fast as possible and then move on to the next ones.
What cards are best to use to purchase Paypal MCCs? Will I gett A/A or F/R with Amex, Chase, Citi AA, or Barclays?  What is the recommended max (amount of cards, time between card purchases, and/or $ amount) to prevent A/A or F/R per card?  What businesses carry these cards?  Sorry for the n00b questions.  Still learning all of this stuff.  So much knowledge; so little time!  TIA

Offline MaaYanky

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2014, 11:13:26 PM »
What cards are best to use to purchase Paypal MCCs? Will I gett A/A or F/R with Amex, Chase, Citi AA, or Barclays?  What is the recommended max (amount of cards, time between card purchases, and/or $ amount) to prevent A/A or F/R per card?  What businesses carry these cards?  Sorry for the n00b questions.  Still learning all of this stuff.  So much knowledge; so little time!  TIA
I'm probably not the right person to answer most of these questions, but if I had to make an educated guess I'd say:
It's whatever card you want to reach your sign up bonus on :-)
It's always a possibility.
YMMV. I have been going full throttle for a almost 6 months now, got 2 Amex F/R in the 1st 2 months working on sign up bonuses and came out with little harm. Others have been closed down right away. If you have always spent a lot on your cards, have proof of income, answer all their requests as soon as they ask for it, don't stick your foot in your mouth (by saying you're buying cards to spend towards your sign up bonus without spending any real money, only want the points, and/or want to make money selling points and that's why you have a business card) you'll most likely be ok, IMHO.
CVS and Rite Aid will often have them and let you buy them. Be friendly, courteous, polite, and most important of all, don't take no for an answer until you believe you've exhausted all options, and then move on to the next store. Speak to whoever you need to, be (politely) persistent. Make believe you know that it should be allowed since you've done it before, corporate said you could, you saw it done before at this location. It's like HUCA, keep coming back on different shifts and/or other stores.
As a n00b myself I walked you through my learned knowledge by reading through relevant topics and through trial and error. I hope I am not misleading you. I always say: I love learning from others mistakes, but in truth, yours will stick with you the best.
There's plenty of time, start slow and don't be afraid to get a little uncomfortable.

Hope this helped :-D

Offline princea143

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2014, 09:55:30 PM »
I'm probably not the right person to answer most of these questions, but if I had to make an educated guess I'd say:
It's whatever card you want to reach your sign up bonus on :-)
It's always a possibility.
YMMV. I have been going full throttle for a almost 6 months now, got 2 Amex F/R in the 1st 2 months working on sign up bonuses and came out with little harm. Others have been closed down right away. If you have always spent a lot on your cards, have proof of income, answer all their requests as soon as they ask for it, don't stick your foot in your mouth (by saying you're buying cards to spend towards your sign up bonus without spending any real money, only want the points, and/or want to make money selling points and that's why you have a business card) you'll most likely be ok, IMHO.
CVS and Rite Aid will often have them and let you buy them. Be friendly, courteous, polite, and most important of all, don't take no for an answer until you believe you've exhausted all options, and then move on to the next store. Speak to whoever you need to, be (politely) persistent. Make believe you know that it should be allowed since you've done it before, corporate said you could, you saw it done before at this location. It's like HUCA, keep coming back on different shifts and/or other stores.
As a n00b myself I walked you through my learned knowledge by reading through relevant topics and through trial and error. I hope I am not misleading you. I always say: I love learning from others mistakes, but in truth, yours will stick with you the best.
There's plenty of time, start slow and don't be afraid to get a little uncomfortable.

Hope this helped :-D
It's given me insight.  Thanks!

Offline bb1836

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 154
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2014, 10:39:04 PM »
What happens if I'm under FR from Amex and I have no source of income (being that in a full time student)??? I'm scared as heck to go on a full run with PP now! Someone pls help! How can I do this in the best moderated way possible?
As @davidmal says: "Likes" feed the family

Offline Dani

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2014, 10:58:23 PM »
What happens if I'm under FR from Amex and I have no source of income (being that in a full time student)??? I'm scared as heck to go on a full run with PP now! Someone pls help! How can I do this in the best moderated way possible?
you didn't tell me you were under financial review!! Moderation my boy, moderation.

Offline bb1836

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2014, 10:59:48 PM »
I'm not dani boy  :) I'm just saying just in case  :)

Offline Dani

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2014, 11:02:46 PM »
Very cute. Anyway, it seems that greendot will be the way to go. CMIIW walmart will allow you load $1000 for the same $3.95

Offline bb1836

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2014, 11:13:39 PM »
Very cute. Anyway, it seems that greendot will be the way to go. CMIIW walmart will allow you load $1000 for the same $3.95
Walmart as in BB? I'm already doing VIsa GC for that! What do you mean?

Offline Dani

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2014, 11:50:42 PM »
Greendot to load PP instead of PP cash cards

Offline bb1836

• View Profile