Topic Wiki

Update 9/1/16: If you're having issues with the new uploaded refusing to upload certain pictures, try this: create a share site and upload your pictures to that. The share site uploader will (for now, at least) actually upload all your files, and you can than use these pictures on the regular site as usual.

Whenever they have 101 prints free, only order 99.  At 100 prints, you enter the next shipping category. (so the additional 2 prints cost $2 or so shipping.)

Free book code knowledge base:

- These are available from time to time and will be posted either in this thread or on DDMS.
- The codes are generally for an 8x8” sized book and 20 pages (10 spreads). Extra pages are $1.
- Take note of their expiration date; sometimes they last a month or more, sometimes only a couple of days.
- The code does not include shipping.

How to maximize:

- You could use the codes in multiple accounts.
- Don’t wait for your book to be ready before applying the code; some codes are limited in quantity. Log in to your Shutterfly account and go to this page. Type the code into the box and click enter; your free book will now be listed under your “Promos and Discounts”.
- The code could be used for any size or type of book, and for any amount of pages. It will simply subtract the value of an 8x8”, 20-page book from your total.
- 30, 40 and even 50% off coupons are pretty much perpetual; use them to bring down the remaining cost of your book even further. These codes could be found in Shutterfly’s marketing emails, and often on their homepage as well. These codes will work on both the book itself and on any additional pages you add.
- If there is no substantial discount available at the moment you may want to wait a week or two. It won’t take long to appear.
- If the expiration date is coming up and your book is not ready, you could chat with them and they will generally give you a very generous time extension.
- It’s a good idea to always have a couple of books ready to go, so that you’re ready when a free code comes up.
- If a book is in one of your accounts and the code in another, you could create a Share Site and send the book between accounts that way.
- Code SHIP39 will give you free shipping on orders over $39, so could combine your book with a regular print order and save on shipping. From time to time there will be a free shipping code available for less than $39. Otherwise shipping on the book itself is around $10.

Layout ideas, by fellow DDFers:

Author Topic: Shutterfly Master Thread  (Read 241949 times)

Offline koshergourmetmart

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16
    • View Profile
Re: Shutterfly Master Thread
« Reply #580 on: August 08, 2016, 04:27:55 PM »
i was at walmart and bought a whole blends shampoo/ Attached to it was a hang tag that contain a promotional code redeemable for a free 8×8 hardcover Shutterfly photo book–a $29.99 value. one per family https://www.shutterfly.com/landing/doViewSignin.sfly?fid=90f8015cfdcb15d8a4253039dc792e239bd561e01c0bb076faa7f0f4236c7d56016126637eb7a5540bb49312b54e6c0e

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
« Reply #581 on: August 10, 2016, 03:06:16 PM »
Code: FREEMAGNETS up to 10 free and T&C;Code: FREEMAGNETS

*Offer expires August 10, 2016 (11:59 P.M. PT). Offer is good for up to 10 free magnets through shutterfly.com, our mobile-friendly site, or Shutterfly app. Offer is valid on all magnet sizes (only select sizes are available on the app), but limited to one magnet size per order. Taxes, shipping and handling will apply. Not valid on stationery or glass magnets, prepaid plans, other products and prior purchases. Cannot combine with free shipping. Cannot be redeemed for cash or combined with select offers or credits. Not valid for resale. We reserve the right to modify or replace any part of these terms and conditions without notice.

†Please see site for details.
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #582 on: August 18, 2016, 06:44:51 PM »
40% off everything on shutterfly.Com and 50% of hard cover photo books with code "STAFFPICKS”

T&C ;Offer expires August 21, 2016 (11:59 P.M. PT). Offer is good for 50% off first 20-pg hard photo cover photo books and 40% off all other photo book cover types, additional photo book pages and everything else through shutterfly.com,
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline ben89

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 142
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: August 25, 2016, 01:49:17 PM »
free 16x20 with code CHOOSEYOURS
of course there is shipping charge

Offline Work-for-ur-muny

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: August 28, 2016, 03:34:08 PM »
50% OFF HARD COVER BOOKS, 40% HOME DECOR & PHOTO GIFTS, 30% ALL ELSE Code: TOPSELLERS

Ends Aug 30

Offline Work-for-ur-muny

• View Profile
« Reply #585 on: August 29, 2016, 06:22:22 PM »
I'm ready to check out with my first shutterfly photo book and would like to know what he general consensus are regarding page and cover types, which are the best. (If it matters, I'm getting the 8X11 book.)

TIA

Offline MC

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: August 30, 2016, 12:02:13 PM »
I'm ready to check out with my first shutterfly photo book and would like to know what he general consensus are regarding page and cover types, which are the best. (If it matters, I'm getting the 8X11 book.)

TIA
What kind of book? For my average trip-documenting book I get regular pages and a glossy photo hard cover and it's perfect (not to mention, free). I recently made a book of wedding photos with a matte cover and lay flat pages, which came out beautiful. Wouldn't say it's a necessity for all books though.

Offline Work-for-ur-muny

• View Profile
« Reply #587 on: August 30, 2016, 01:56:48 PM »
What kind of book? For my average trip-documenting book I get regular pages and a glossy photo hard cover and it's perfect (not to mention, free). I recently made a book of wedding photos with a matte cover and lay flat pages, which came out beautiful. Wouldn't say it's a necessity for all books though.
Thanks. That's what I ended up doing. It was for a family trip.

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #588 on: August 31, 2016, 09:31:53 AM »
Get 50% off Every. Single. Thing.
Offer ends Tuesday    Code: SAVE50

Offline Something Fishy

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 44
    • View Profile
    • Kosher Horizons
« Reply #589 on: September 01, 2016, 02:42:21 AM »
Gosh the new site update is retarded >:(. Just saw it for the first time today and it's impossible to do anything.

The biggest problem I ran into is that the new uploader will randomly decide that certain pictures are "duplicate" and will refuse to upload them. Not only that, but there is no way of "updating" a folder; to add missing pictures you need to comb through your own folder and manually compare it to Shutterfly's to find the missing files.

The internet is packed with people complaining, but for now there seems to be a backdoor fix. If you have any upload issues (I'm currently having the duplicate and "file size is too large" errors), create a share site and upload your pictures to that. The share site uploader will actually upload all your files like a normal human being, and you can than use these pictures on the regular site as usual.

ETA: Added to the wiki.
Check out my site for epic kosher adventures: Kosher Horizons

Online etech0

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DDF
« Reply #590 on: September 03, 2016, 10:18:24 PM »
How long do Shutterfly calendars take to arrive, from the date you order it?
Workflowy. You won't know what you're missing until you try it.

Offline ari9

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: September 05, 2016, 12:18:47 PM »
101 free prints
code: 101MEMORIES
till Wednesday

Offline Work-for-ur-muny

• View Profile
« Reply #592 on: September 05, 2016, 12:21:25 PM »
Gosh the new site update is retarded >:(. Just saw it for the first time today and it's impossible to do anything.

The biggest problem I ran into is that the new uploader will randomly decide that certain pictures are "duplicate" and will refuse to upload them. Not only that, but there is no way of "updating" a folder; to add missing pictures you need to comb through your own folder and manually compare it to Shutterfly's to find the missing files.

The internet is packed with people complaining, but for now there seems to be a backdoor fix. If you have any upload issues (I'm currently having the duplicate and "file size is too large" errors), create a share site and upload your pictures to that. The share site uploader will actually upload all your files like a normal human being, and you can than use these pictures on the regular site as usual.

Is there any up side to the new version?

Offline ckmk47

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: September 05, 2016, 12:28:27 PM »
101 free prints
code: 101MEMORIES
till Wednesday
Whenever they have 101 prints free, only order 99.  At 100 prints, you enter the next shipping category. (so the additional 2 prints cost $2 or so shipping.)

Something Fishy and others:  Thanks for the wiki.  It's clear and informative.
My favorite cause: cssy.org

Offline Work-for-ur-muny

• View Profile
« Reply #594 on: September 05, 2016, 12:29:04 PM »
Should probably go in the wiki.

Offline davidmal

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 239
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: September 07, 2016, 10:22:09 PM »

Something Fishy and others:  Thanks for the wiki.  It's clear and informative.
Awesome
-DMC
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it ~Ferris Bueller"

Offline davidmal

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 239
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: September 07, 2016, 10:23:37 PM »

Wow this was so helpful +1
-DMC
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it ~Ferris Bueller"

Offline deltastubs

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: September 11, 2016, 01:04:27 PM »
https://www.shutterfly.com/sept11/?rilt=Primary_CTA_LP_cstm&mpch=email&CID=FOC_20160911_FLASH_LA_ALL__1&UID=007057534346&TC=TC0781178&RIID=2625856225

Today only 2 free items, even 20$ items like coasters

code UCHOOSE

Still looking for a free ship code to use with if someone knows?

Offline Something Fishy

• Global Moderator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 44
    • View Profile
    • Kosher Horizons
« Reply #598 on: September 12, 2016, 12:17:32 AM »
I just finished designing my Iceland book. Is there any interest in seeing it (layout ideas and so on)?
Check out my site for epic kosher adventures: Kosher Horizons

Offline sm8542

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: September 12, 2016, 12:18:57 AM »
I just finished designing my Iceland book. Is there any interest in seeing it (layout ideas and so on)?
sure