Topic Wiki

This is a wiki. Information about this area goes here. Update it as necessary. You can have special sections for Restaurants, Shuls, Hotels, and Attractions, Like this:

Restaurants

Shuls

Hotels

Attractions

http://5townscentral.com/
« Last edited by bb1836 on May 12, 2019, 08:15:10 PM »

Author Topic: 5 Towns/Rockaway Master Thread  (Read 680175 times)

Offline sammyp

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: 5 Towns/Rockaway Master Thread
« Reply #1720 on: April 24, 2018, 12:19:47 PM »

Umm I did. They found chameitz in a restaurant that sold their chameitz. Please stop trying to throw mud at the Vaad at every opportunity you have. Its easy to start rumors with no basis on a forum where no one knows your name and you dont specify your "sources".

Why were they looking for chometz in a restaurant that sold their chometz?

Offline Yitzshpitz

• View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: April 24, 2018, 12:26:21 PM »
Why were they looking for chometz in a restaurant that sold their chometz?

Who knows what they were looking for? They conduct routine checkups on the restaurants.  Maybe the person that bought the chameitz wanted something. There are many possibilities hence why we don't jump to conclusions without supporting evidence.

Offline sammyp

• View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: April 24, 2018, 12:31:07 PM »
Who knows what they were looking for? They conduct routine checkups on the restaurants.  Maybe the person that bought the chameitz wanted something. There are many possibilities hence why we don't jump to conclusions without supporting evidence.

Your source is off. Or you have no source. Your story makes no sense either.

Offline Yitzshpitz

• View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: April 24, 2018, 12:38:01 PM »
Your source is off. Or you have no source. Your story makes no sense either.

You have consistently bashed the vaad in this thread I dont know why u have a strong bias against them. You claim to have sources yet the basis for your claim appears to be a YWN article about a new policy regarding cameras lol. I spoke to someone who works for the vaad. You dont have a story, you have speculation and IMO you should not publicly accuse anyone, especially a vaad harabunus without any evidence.

Offline sammyp

• View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: April 24, 2018, 12:56:39 PM »
You have consistently bashed the vaad in this thread I dont know why u have a strong bias against them. You claim to have sources yet the basis for your claim appears to be a YWN article about a new policy regarding cameras lol. I spoke to someone who works for the vaad. You dont have a story, you have speculation and IMO you should not publicly accuse anyone, especially a vaad harabunus without any evidence.

YWN article is not my source.

How about you reveal your source in the Vaad. I know what I know. If you think my info is wrong, tell us who you spoke to. There is no reason your source would want to remain anonymous. They are backing the Vaad. My source has reason to remain anonymous.

Unless you are the vaad, or the owner of one of their establishments.

Offline yitzgar

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1725 on: April 24, 2018, 01:02:21 PM »

Umm I did. They found chameitz in a restaurant that sold their chameitz. Please stop trying to throw mud at the Vaad at every opportunity you have. Its easy to start rumors with no basis on a forum where no one knows your name and you dont specify your "sources".
What were the details? We're they serving chometz, or did a worker being in outside food? Or they just found something that hadn't been locked away ?

Offline Yitzshpitz

• View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: April 24, 2018, 01:11:30 PM »
YWN article is not my source.

How about you reveal your source in the Vaad. I know what I know. If you think my info is wrong, tell us who you spoke to. There is no reason your source would want to remain anonymous. They are backing the Vaad. My source has reason to remain anonymous.

Unless you are the vaad, or the owner of one of their establishments.

Im not the one coming with accusations. You made a claim and after I spoke to someone I know at the Vaad he explained to me that they found chameitz that was sold. If I need to I would tell you who he is but I have no reason to until you reveal who gives you false rumors about the vaad. If its true what he is saying and this person is trying to help the tzibur he should be proud to tell people real information. Otherwise, its hearsay and accusations should not be made. But keep searching for dirt

Offline Yitzshpitz

• View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: April 24, 2018, 01:13:07 PM »
What were the details? We're they serving chometz, or did a worker being in outside food? Or they just found something that hadn't been locked away ?

Something which was part of the mechira had not been locked away properly

Offline yitzgar

• View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: April 24, 2018, 01:59:54 PM »
Something which was part of the mechira had not been locked away properly
Was it being served? I assume the mashgiach is supposed to check to make sure all chometz is locked up, so it does sound like the fault lies with the vaad. If it wasn't served it wouldnt seem to be as egregious as some make it sound.

Offline sammyp

• View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: April 24, 2018, 02:04:56 PM »
Was it being served? I assume the mashgiach is supposed to check to make sure all chometz is locked up, so it does sound like the fault lies with the vaad. If it wasn't served it wouldnt seem to be as egregious as some make it sound.

If it wasn't served, it wouldn't be a story. All chometz is included in mechira, whether locked up or not.

If it wasn't served, or at least almost served, there would be no cameras going up

Offline yitzgar

• View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: April 24, 2018, 02:09:05 PM »
If it wasn't served, it wouldn't be a story. All chometz is included in mechira, whether locked up or not.

If it wasn't served, or at least almost served, there would be no cameras going up
So was the restaurant aware that it was chometz, but served it anyway, or they just didn't realize since it wasn't locked away?

Offline coralsnake

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: April 24, 2018, 02:10:15 PM »

Im sure you're aware because you know everything but the vaad 5T already has a camera policy on certain establishments for some time.
"Here at DansDeals we don’t do buses." -Dan

Offline yitzgar

• View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: April 24, 2018, 02:11:48 PM »
Im sure you're aware because you know everything but the vaad 5T already has a camera policy on certain establishments for some time.
So did this place have cameras? Which establishments needed cameras? Was there a specific criteria that determined which ones?

Offline Yitzshpitz

• View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: April 24, 2018, 04:23:22 PM »

Why is this true? People hear things and assume the worst who saids it was served? If chameitz that was left out and was sold was found there is no halachik difference.

This is true. Assuming they served chameitz just bc they are cracking down on a rule is honestly ridiculous.

Offline Yitzshpitz

• View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: April 24, 2018, 04:26:33 PM »

It wasn’t served so it doesn’t matter that the chameitz wasn’t locked away (although it is preferable to have it put in a specified spot)

Offline sammyp

• View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: April 24, 2018, 04:40:40 PM »
It wasn’t served so it doesn’t matter that the chameitz wasn’t locked away (although it is preferable to have it put in a specified spot)

You are on the defense with absolutely no knowledge of what happened. If your "source" is telling you nothing happened, you should reveal your source and the Vaad woulf be vindicated l. You have nothing to hide.

Did your source tell you nothing was served, or almost served? Or is that you own assumption. There would be no story if nothing happened, and the Vaad would come out wth a statement letting everyone know nothing happened.

Releasing a statement about cameras with no explanation seems to support some of the stories going around.

There has never been transparency at the Vaad. For example, 2 years ago when they changed policy to only allow Postive or frozen pre-checked broccoli, they never let out the real reason . But those in the know found out.

I'm done with this. Everyone will have to dog around and find out for themselves what happened. But just remember l, there have been quite a few confirmed stories, which never get out. There is zero transparency. Period.

Offline yitzgar

• View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: April 24, 2018, 04:51:21 PM »
It still matters, since it's very easy for misakes to happen, especially if there are non-jewish workers that are used to year-round standards

Offline Yitzshpitz

• View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: April 24, 2018, 10:19:29 PM »
You are on the defense with absolutely no knowledge of what happened. If your "source" is telling you nothing happened, you should reveal your source and the Vaad woulf be vindicated l. You have nothing to hide.

Did your source tell you nothing was served, or almost served? Or is that you own assumption. There would be no story if nothing happened, and the Vaad would come out wth a statement letting everyone know nothing happened.

Releasing a statement about cameras with no explanation seems to support some of the stories going around.

There has never been transparency at the Vaad. For example, 2 years ago when they changed policy to only allow Postive or frozen pre-checked broccoli, they never let out the real reason . But those in the know found out.

I'm done with this. Everyone will have to dog around and find out for themselves what happened. But just remember l, there have been quite a few confirmed stories, which never get out. There is zero transparency. Period.

The camera policy was not a response to a restaurant serving chameitz. Forget about my source, before criticizing the vaad you have to bring evidence to the table or no one will take you seriously and you are potentially being motzi laaz about big rabbanim. So if you have actual proof or a legitimate person who knows the exact story (not rumors as you mentioned or ywn article) please share with details as a way to help the rabbim. Additionally, if you have questions for the vaad and things you want to verify please speak to them directly.
Thats it from me

Offline sammyp

• View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: April 24, 2018, 10:36:17 PM »
The camera policy was not a response to a restaurant serving chameitz. Forget about my source, before criticizing the vaad you have to bring evidence to the table or no one will take you seriously and you are potentially being motzi laaz about big rabbanim. So if you have actual proof or a legitimate person who knows the exact story (not rumors as you mentioned or ywn article) please share with details as a way to help the rabbim. Additionally, if you have questions for the vaad and things you want to verify please speak to them directly.
Thats it from me

I do have real sources who obviously wouldn't want me to go public with their names. I am not relying on rumors or YWN articles. You obviously don't have a source, because your source would be proud to go public and vindicate the Vaad. I do not believe you did any research at all, and even if you did, it was probably with someone who is not in-the-know. Most Rabbis are not involved or even aware of the day to day kashrus arm of the vaad.

To me it sounds like you work for the Vaad and are trying to cover up for them. Your story makes no sense at all anyways.

Offline coralsnake

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: April 24, 2018, 10:57:00 PM »
To me it sounds like you work for the Vaad
To me it sounds like you were fired from the vaad.
"Here at DansDeals we don’t do buses." -Dan