Author Topic: KVS Master Thread  (Read 100760 times)

Offline KVS

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: KVS Availability Tool
Re: KVS Master Thread
« Reply #500 on: September 03, 2015, 05:59:30 PM »
Any update on regular availability?

No, but Regular Availability continues to be accessible via the KVS Tool Mobile Companion.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #501 on: September 03, 2015, 06:06:19 PM »
No, but Regular Availability continues to be accessible via the KVS Tool Mobile Companion.
Far too cumbersome to use for my needs.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Moishebatchy

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 23
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Arzei Makolet Platinum, Yossi's Makolet Silver, Yesh! Gold, Rav Kav Dirt
« Reply #502 on: September 03, 2015, 09:57:52 PM »
any updates on the return of availability tab?   for the first time in years i haven't renewed my diamond subscription...
No updates at the moment, but Regular Availability continues to be accessible via the KVS Tool Mobile Companion.
Why can't you just make that "mobile" page available in the regular KVS application? You manage to scrape all sorts of airline websites just fine... why can't you just "scrape" your own mobile site as well? :P

bump...
+1, don't plan on renewing without it.
Anyone want to come up with a tool to scrape the KVS mobile companion?
Regular Availability continues to be accessible via the KVS Tool Mobile Companion (which can also be used via any desktop web browser).

Any update on regular availability?
Don't plan on reactivating my subscription without it. How is there no way to scrape your own mobile site??

WHISKEY. TANGO. FOXTROT. >:(

Mr. KVS, enough of this corporate bullcrap, please. We would like a clear, cohesive, intelligible answer, once and for all: WHY THE FLYING HELL CAN'T YOU IMPLEMENT REGULAR AVAILABILITY SEARCH IN THE DESKTOP TOOL, IF YOU ARE ABLE TO DO SO ON THE MOBILE SITE?!?!?! Please don't brush us off with vague, mysterious answers about "operational difficulties". You can scrape award data from THIRTEEN airline websites, but can't simply transpose some data from one part of YOUR OWN SITE to another?! Sorry, we're not buying that anymore. What kind of idiots do you take us for, anyway - are we little children who can't know the truth about Santa, or what?!

Enough already, we want the REAL REASON, once and for all. This isn't MH370, and you aren't DB Cooper, so enough with the "unsolved mysteries". Please don't beat around the bush, going around in circles again and again and again - if we wanted to hear that kind of evasive, vague, useless, uninformative crap that doesn't make us any wiser, we would watch some of President Obama's speeches about... well, pretty much anything.

So I'm gonna enunciate this one last time, on behalf of us all: We don't give a sh*t about the fact that we "can use the KVS Tool Mobile Companion"; we know that already - we want the REAL tool. So if you have access to the data to display in the mobile companion, why can't you display the same data in the desktop tool? And if it is because all the desktop tool knows how to do is scrape websites, then how about adding "m.kvstool.com" to the list of sites it's capable of scraping?

/rant (yeah, in case anyone hasn't figured that part out by now. ::))
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 10:01:10 PM by Moishebatchy »

Offline jaywhy

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: September 03, 2015, 10:07:23 PM »
LMAO :)

Offline sawlw

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: September 03, 2015, 10:25:48 PM »

Mr. KVS, enough of this corporate bullcrap, please. We would like a clear, cohesive, intelligible answer, once and for all: WHY THE FLYING HELL CAN'T YOU IMPLEMENT REGULAR AVAILABILITY SEARCH IN THE DESKTOP TOOL, IF YOU ARE ABLE TO DO SO ON THE MOBILE SITE?!?!?! Please don't brush us off with vague, mysterious answers about "operational difficulties". You can scrape award data from THIRTEEN airline websites, but can't simply transpose some data from one part of YOUR OWN SITE to another?! Sorry, we're not buying that anymore. What kind of idiots do you take us for, anyway - are we little children who can't know the truth about Santa, or what?!

Enough already, we want the REAL REASON, once and for all. This isn't MH370, and you aren't DB Cooper, so enough with the "unsolved mysteries". Please don't beat around the bush, going around in circles again and again and again - if we wanted to hear that kind of evasive, vague, useless, uninformative crap that doesn't make us any wiser, we would watch some of President Obama's speeches about... well, pretty much anything.

So I'm gonna enunciate this one last time, on behalf of us all: We don't give a sh*t about the fact that we "can use the KVS Tool Mobile Companion"; we know that already - we want the REAL tool. So if you have access to the data to display in the mobile companion, why can't you display the same data in the desktop tool? And if it is because all the desktop tool knows how to do is scrape websites, then how about adding "m.kvstool.com" to the list of sites it's capable of scraping?

+1mill
couldn't have said it better myself

Offline Saver2000

• View Profile
« Reply #505 on: September 03, 2015, 10:25:58 PM »

+1

Offline Joe4007

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: September 03, 2015, 10:27:27 PM »
#SHUTDOWNTHEBS!

Offline JoeCha

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Avis President's Club, Expedia+ Silver
« Reply #507 on: September 03, 2015, 10:30:55 PM »

+100

Though I still haven't figured out the truth about Santa yet - can you share that in public?
"There is no such thing as bad whiskey. Some whiskeys just happen to be better than others" ― William Faulkner

Offline MarkS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: September 03, 2015, 10:50:46 PM »
It's pretty surprising that you wouldn't want to accommodate this request that has been asked over and over again.....

Offline sillypainter

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: September 03, 2015, 10:51:18 PM »
I'm also not renewing, sorry Mr. KVS.

Offline cozmohoot

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #510 on: September 03, 2015, 10:51:56 PM »
Good stuff batchy!

Offline Yordai Dooma

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA EXP/LT Platinum, SPG gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE,
« Reply #511 on: September 03, 2015, 11:28:57 PM »
First time opening this thread.... Always amazed to read about things companies do (err don't do) when it's clear that the customer wants it... Especially when it seems so reasonable. Personally i use EF.... But can totally see that people are so thrilled with the kvs customer service... Almost makes me want to join ::)

Offline whYME

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: September 04, 2015, 12:37:54 AM »

/rant (yeah, in case anyone hasn't figured that part out by now. ::) )
I'll tell you right now what his answer will be:
"Regular Availability continues to be accessible via the KVS Tool Mobile Companion"

Offline ilherman

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: September 04, 2015, 01:06:13 AM »
I'll tell you right now what his answer will be:
"Regular Availability continues to be accessible via the KVS Tool Mobile Companion"
That is exactly what bothers me. Mr KVS is acting like Batchy explained it Mr. KVS, enough of this corporate bullcrap

Would Mr KVS just ignore the requests or just say "sorry, we can not do that for whatever reason it is" that would still be fine with me. But to act like..... And just repeat every time "Regular Availability continues to be accessible via the KVS Tool Mobile Companion" is just STUPID.

Mr KVS, you think we are idiots? I'd suggest you just stop repeat saying the above again over and over and over. I think that by now EVERYONE on here already knows that "Regular Availability continues to be accessible via the KVS Tool Mobile Companion" Its just cluttering up the forums...

Maybe, if you're really concerned (I guess you are, since you keep on repeating it) just add it to your signature. "Regular Availability continues to be accessible via the KVS Tool Mobile Companion"
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 01:48:24 AM by ilherman »
You can say what you think when you think what you say.

Offline D93

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: September 04, 2015, 06:32:41 AM »

Offline chuchem

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: September 04, 2015, 07:09:11 AM »
I agree. Its a major tool I am missing

Offline KVS

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: September 04, 2015, 10:55:20 AM »
So if you have access to the data to display in the mobile companion, why can't you display the same data in the desktop tool?

The MC Engine does not currently have the sufficient capacity to be integrated into the main KVS Tool desktop application.

We appreciate your passion with regard to the KVS Tool and its functions.

Offline JoeCha

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Avis President's Club, Expedia+ Silver
« Reply #517 on: September 04, 2015, 02:06:32 PM »
The MC Engine does not currently have the sufficient capacity to be integrated into the main KVS Tool desktop application.

We appreciate your passion with regard to the KVS Tool and its functions.
And what is the plan?

Do you plan on fixing this or is it over? That's all we asked an answer for.
"There is no such thing as bad whiskey. Some whiskeys just happen to be better than others" ― William Faulkner

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #518 on: September 04, 2015, 02:10:37 PM »
Maybe he's still waiting to see how many people actually don't renew?

He knows I'm one.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline KVS

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: September 08, 2015, 05:07:15 PM »
And what is the plan?

We do continue looking for suitable Regular Availability Engines that could be integrated into the main KVS Tool application. Unfortunately, there are currently none available.