Author Topic: FBI Sting Operation; Rabbis Arrested  (Read 169576 times)

Offline smee123

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: FBI Sting Operation; Rabbis Arrested
« Reply #280 on: October 13, 2013, 03:38:35 PM »
The monSey rabbi definitely wasnt in it for money.

Offline smee123

• View Profile
« Reply #281 on: October 13, 2013, 03:42:26 PM »
I'm not a regular contributor to the forum. I do read the deals though  ;).

I had personal involvement with ME. I do not think he did it for money. The complaint explicitly states that the $50,000 was for the thugs. It was $10,000 for the kangaroo "Beth Din". That's $3,333 per "dayan". ME made more than that per week. There was time, travel and risk involved in this one. $3,000 is not unreasonable.

However, in my personal case ME threatened me. I was probably a couple of days away of being beaten. The quick synopses of my case is that my ex refused to allow me to see or contact my kids, refused to attend a kosher beth din. It took the kosher beth din four months to grant me permission to go to court. (All the while we were separated, with my little kids being estranged from me.)

Things dragged and dragged. I did not have the $150,000 for a proper court battle. I went pro se, got proper visitation in court and offered to give a get. She refused and wanted to battle the court order -- in Beth Din. So, it dragged and dragged. Yes,she got one of these phony "beth dins" to reverse the court order.

At that point ME called me. I clearly explained that a get will be forthcoming as soon as A) we agree to follow the court order (where I was up against her lawyer...) and B) she follows through with visitation for 10 weeks. He agreed.

Four weeks later, while visitation was still NOT being kept, he called me up and threatened me. "You will give a get, and this will end now! One way or another, this is going to end".

I was advised to call Rabbi Belsky. Had ME tried some roasted eggs, Rabbi Belskey would have clearly ruled that the forced get is not kosher. It took another six months and Rabbi Belsky ruled to go back to the court order.

In conclusion: I feel ME did not do it for money. But all these posts about the "poor 'agunos'" are fare from accurate. Yes there are cases where the men are @#$^&. But, there are an equal amount of cases where the woman is the one behaving like an @#$%^&. ME indiscriminately sided with the woman. Having a goon like this out of business is good.
I'm sure you are a good person, but without hearing from ME about why he retracted the deal it's hard to believe you and borders on L"H IMHO. As for R' Belsky, does he hold in forced gittin? This stuff is SO complicated, i kind of wish we could have everyone's opinion out in the open with a clear explanation as to how they got there.
And i agree the woman could be as you put it @#$^&.

Offline Galitzyaner

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: October 13, 2013, 03:44:02 PM »

I had personal involvement with ME. I do not think he did it for money. The complaint explicitly states that the $50,000 was for the thugs. It was $10,000 for the kangaroo "Beth Din". That's $3,333 per "dayan". ME made more than that per week. There was time, travel and risk involved in this one. $3,000 is not unreasonable.

However, in my personal case ME threatened me. I was probably a couple of days away of being beaten. The quick synopses of my case is that my ex refused to allow me to see or contact my kids, refused to attend a kosher beth din. It took the kosher beth din four months to grant me permission to go to court. (All the while we were separated, with my little kids being estranged from me.)

Things dragged and dragged. I did not have the $150,000 for a proper court battle. I went pro se, got proper visitation in court and offered to give a get. She refused and wanted to battle the court order -- in Beth Din. So, it dragged and dragged. Yes,she got one of these phony "beth dins" to reverse the court order.

At that point ME called me. I clearly explained that a get will be forthcoming as soon as A) we agree to follow the court order (where I was up against her lawyer...) and B) she follows through with visitation for 10 weeks. He agreed.

Four weeks later, while visitation was still NOT being kept, he called me up and threatened me. "You will give a get, and this will end now! One way or another, this is going to end".

I was advised to call Rabbi Belsky. Had ME tried some roasted eggs, Rabbi Belskey would have clearly ruled that the forced get is not kosher. It took another six months and Rabbi Belsky ruled to go back to the court order.

In conclusion: I feel ME did not do it for money. But all these posts about the "poor 'agunos'" are fare from accurate. Yes there are cases where the men are @#$^&. But, there are an equal amount of cases where the woman is the one behaving like an @#$%^&. ME indiscriminately sided with the woman. Having a goon like this out of business is good.

Thanks for sharing your experience, finally a comment that sheds some light on This story.
+1

Offline hocker

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: October 13, 2013, 04:00:31 PM »
I'm sure you are a good person, but without hearing from ME about why he retracted the deal it's hard to believe you and borders on L"H IMHO. As for R' Belsky, does he hold in forced gittin? This stuff is SO complicated, i kind of wish we could have everyone's opinion out in the open with a clear explanation as to how they got there.
If you have LH issue stay out of this thread. The fact that someone who was alienated by ME and still justified him for the money part lends him a lot of credibility. Let's be honest ME isn't going to be posting here anytime soon, comments like clowns or even less credible is what we'll be debating here until the mods lock or delete this thread; you might want to refrain from visiting this thread.

Offline Myccrabbi

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: October 13, 2013, 04:08:54 PM »

WOW!!! That's all I can say.

If u work for a living, why kill urself working?

Offline smee123

• View Profile
« Reply #285 on: October 13, 2013, 04:10:52 PM »
If you have LH issue stay out of this thread. The fact that someone who was alienated by ME and still justified him for the money part lends him a lot of credibility. Let's be honest ME isn't going to be posting here anytime soon, comments like clowns or even less credible is what we'll be debating here until the mods lock or delete this thread; you might want to refrain from visiting this thread.
Sorry, news has a diff category in hilchos L"H. It's very different than an anonymous person on-line saying his personal story. And it's not easy to hear rabbonim being put down by jews. You don't have to agree with me, but i'll read what i like, thanks.
And like i said i'm sure he(clown) is a good person.

Offline skyguy918

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: October 13, 2013, 04:16:50 PM »
Sorry, news has a diff category in hilchos L"H. It's very different than an anonymous person on-line saying his personal story. And it's not easy to hear rabbonim being put down by jews. You don't have to agree with me, but i'll read what i like, thanks.
And like i said i'm sure he(clown) is a good person.
So you don't like what he said about R' Epstein, but you have no problem questioning whether R' Belsky is holding in all things gittin related. To answer your question, R' Belsky is most definitely holding, and is very involved in many of these types of cases. This is not to say that there can't be a difference of opinion among poskim, or that you have to believe the story as presented here, but let's not pretend we have the standing to brush off someone like R' Belsky.

Offline Achas Veachas

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
« Reply #287 on: October 13, 2013, 04:20:56 PM »
+1

Offline smee123

• View Profile
« Reply #288 on: October 13, 2013, 04:25:01 PM »
So you don't like what he said about R' Epstein, but you have no problem questioning whether R' Belsky is holding in all things gittin related. To answer your question, R' Belsky is most definitely holding, and is very involved in many of these types of cases. This is not to say that there can't be a difference of opinion among poskim, or that you have to believe the story as presented here, but let's not pretend we have the standing to brush off someone like R' Belsky.
I meant a diff in opinion.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 04:37:06 PM by smee123 »

Offline skyguy918

• View Profile
« Reply #289 on: October 13, 2013, 04:30:51 PM »
I meant i diff in opinion.
Meaning you differ in opinion from R' Belsky?

Offline smee123

• View Profile
« Reply #290 on: October 13, 2013, 04:36:28 PM »
Meaning you differ in opinion from R' Belsky?
:) That it's possible ME holds one thing, where as R Belsky Held differently hence the differnt psak.
Without ME being inherently wrong. If you ask two people you will often get to answers. I'm not sticking up for ME or putting down @clown. I just think every case is different and you can never judge someone by hearing one side.

Offline skyguy918

• View Profile
« Reply #291 on: October 13, 2013, 05:00:27 PM »
:) That it's possible ME holds one thing, where as R Belsky Held differently hence the differnt psak.
Without ME being inherently wrong. If you ask two people you will often get to answers. I'm not sticking up for ME or putting down @clown. I just think every case is different and you can never judge someone by hearing one side.
Of course, that's almost certainly the case. But I think what the poster was trying to get across was that in his experience, R' Epstein came down hard on him out of nowhere, despite the fact that they seemed to have come to an agreement.

Beis din, and rabbonim in general, are not supposed to be on anyone's 'side'. They should be looking to resolve the situation in accordance with halacha as they understand it. Yet often in these cases it seems everyone has a 'side', and the halacha part is molded to fit that 'side'.

Offline smee123

• View Profile
« Reply #292 on: October 13, 2013, 05:09:13 PM »
Of course, that's almost certainly the case. But I think what the poster was trying to get across was that in his experience, R' Epstein came down hard on him out of nowhere, despite the fact that they seemed to have come to an agreement.

Beis din, and rabbonim in general, are not supposed to be on anyone's 'side'. They should be looking to resolve the situation in accordance with halacha as they understand it. Yet often in these cases it seems everyone has a 'side', and the halacha part is molded to fit that 'side'.
Perhaps he had a reason?
I'm sorry @clown had to go thru that.

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #293 on: October 13, 2013, 05:58:22 PM »
Often in a divorce there is enough emotion on both sides that neither comes out looking like a tzadik gamur.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline skyguy918

• View Profile
« Reply #294 on: October 13, 2013, 06:09:31 PM »
Often in a divorce there is enough emotion on both sides that neither comes out looking like a tzadik gamur.
+1, and that's true of both the husband and wife, and their advocates. That's why it's so crucial in these cases for the beis din to leave emotion out of it and be impartial.

Offline meshugener

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Freedom 10X10 Exclusives, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive, Hertz 5 Star, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
« Reply #295 on: October 13, 2013, 07:02:14 PM »

In case you didn't see my last post before you posted this, I'm talking about the fundamental differences in how the issues are resolved, not how difficult it is for the woman.
(I should know by now that everything needs to spelled out here...)

US law provides a way out for a woman in an abusive relationship. The difficulty for the woman in actually doing it is another story, but the system is in place. If she gets her head in the right place, and/or has the support she needs from friends/family, as difficult as it may be, it can be done. Ultimately it's in her hands to do something.

A woman whose husband absolutely refuses to give a get is SOL. She can be 100% determined and willing. she can have all the support in the world, but there's not a darn thing she can do if he refuses.
+100
Well said and to the point. We need to sticky your post. ;)

Love me or hate me. I still love you.

Offline meshugener

• View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Freedom 10X10 Exclusives, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive, Hertz 5 Star, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
« Reply #296 on: October 13, 2013, 07:02:59 PM »
We shouldn't be trying to circumvent the Ratzoin of the Rebboinoi Shel Oilum.
I hate you.

Offline meshugener

• View Profile
« Reply #297 on: October 13, 2013, 07:06:36 PM »

Hi and welcome to the forums.

If I may ask you, why didn't you just give her the Get without any strings attached, and then enforce the court order re visitation rights by the authorities?

Offline Super Speed

• View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis First, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum.
« Reply #298 on: October 13, 2013, 07:26:58 PM »
I hate you.
+100 for almost everyone else in this topic.

Online CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #299 on: October 13, 2013, 07:33:25 PM »
By the way, I'm surprised that the majority here, Americans have a problem with the amount paid...
Could care less about the money. Now the beatings and torture are a different story.
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half