Poll

Mac Vs PC

Mac
13 (56.5%)
PC
10 (43.5%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: Mac VS PC  (Read 14312 times)

Offline jaywhy

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
Re: Mac VS PC
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2013, 12:14:08 PM »
Yep, so using....

Its just not as easy, and the trackpad is a little harder to press (not an advantage)
You can set the trackpad to respond to taps instead of having to click it.

Offline SuperFlyer

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2013, 12:29:24 PM »
You can set the trackpad to respond to taps instead of having to click it.

does that work in windows as well ?

Offline jaywhy

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2013, 12:31:38 PM »
does that work in windows as well ?
As in a dual boot?

Offline ya

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2013, 01:25:11 PM »
My mac is $1000. Comparing your pc the to the $1500 model is apples and oranges. The performance on that model will blow away your PC.

I also save a lot of time on a Mac. It crashes less often, less hangs, no pop ups, notifications etc. If time=money, I saved a heckuva lot of money.
The issue is as you said- comparing apples to oranges. Most people comparing PC to MAC are comparing the $300-$500 cheap PC laptops from bestbuy to MAC $1000+ Try comparing a MAC to the laptop I have. (http://www.amazon.com/Acer-S7-391-9427-13-3-Inch-Touchscreen-Ultrabook/dp/B00AVYPLPY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1383067840&sr=8-1&keywords=acer+s7+i7) I have had it for 10 months so far. Never crashed once and has 4-5 seconds boot up time a MAC can never do that. 99% of PC crashes are hardware related.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 01:31:25 PM by ya »

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2013, 01:42:30 PM »
The issue is as you said- comparing apples to oranges. Most people comparing PC to MAC are comparing the $300-$500 cheap PC laptops from bestbuy to MAC $1000+ Try comparing a MAC to the laptop I have. (http://www.amazon.com/Acer-S7-391-9427-13-3-Inch-Touchscreen-Ultrabook/dp/B00AVYPLPY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1383067840&sr=8-1&keywords=acer+s7+i7) I have had it for 10 months so far. Never crashed once and has 4-5 seconds boot up time a MAC can never do that. 99% of PC crashes are hardware related.

4 seconds and you are in Windows totally loaded? Starting from a turned off pc?

Very hard to believe...

Besides, I had very bad experience with Acer...

Offline notanonymous

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2013, 01:43:11 PM »
Not true.

Offline ya

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2013, 01:49:52 PM »
4 seconds and you are in Windows totally loaded? Starting from a turned off pc?

Very hard to believe...

Besides, I had very bad experience with Acer...

4-5 seconds from when the laptop is totally off you are in windows and ready to use. Windows 8 with an i7 and SSD. Which Acer did you have? The Acer high end S7 series are great laptops. The low end are crap. If I have time later I will post a video.

Offline ya

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2013, 01:51:47 PM »
Not true.
Your right. I has was over exaggerating but most people think when Windows crashes its Windows when its usually the cheap hardware they purchased.

Offline chucksterace

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 40
    • View Profile
    • LYNX IT Consulting
  • Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA Premier 1K; ; LY Plat; Hyatt Platinum; Hertz President's Circle; Avis President's Club
« Reply #48 on: October 29, 2013, 01:59:55 PM »
People.. There is one simple sentence that will solve this thread.

MAC IS BETTER THAN PC!!!,
MAC IS BETTER, MAC IS BETTER, MAC IS BETTER THAN PC!!!,

You may not hold me responsible for any actions taken that were recommended from my account or username.

Offline yuneeq

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2013, 02:09:14 PM »

To clarify are you trying to compare to a $1500 Mac? Because the original price (probably when you bought it) for your computer is $1550.

I do not know how long it takes for a Macbook with an ssd drive to start up. I would assume it would be far faster than a hard disk.
Visibly Jewish

Offline biny235

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2013, 02:09:49 PM »
People.. There is one simple sentence that will solve this thread.

MAC IS BETTER, MAC IS BETTER, MAC IS BETTER THAN PC!!!,

There is no answer to this question. It joins the ranks of many other unanswerable questions. Such as 'Chocolate or Vanilla?' and 'If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, what is baby oil made from?'. It comes down to a matter of opinion

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2013, 02:13:02 PM »
There is no answer to this question. It joins the ranks of many other unanswerable questions. Such as 'Chocolate or Vanilla?'

At least on DDF, the answer has been unanimously Vanilla for at least a year now :P
Visibly Jewish

Offline chucksterace

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 40
    • View Profile
    • LYNX IT Consulting
  • Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA Premier 1K; ; LY Plat; Hyatt Platinum; Hertz President's Circle; Avis President's Club
« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2013, 02:26:10 PM »
**OT Alert**

There is no answer to this question. It joins the ranks of many other unanswerable questions. Such as 'Chocolate or Vanilla?' and 'If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, what is baby oil made from?'. It comes down to a matter of opinion

WHAT?? We all know Baby oil comes from Babies.. What type of questions is that..  :-\

At least on DDF, the answer has been unanimously Vanilla for at least a year now :P

Always "Vanilla".. Unless someone comes out with a better "Chocolate"
You may not hold me responsible for any actions taken that were recommended from my account or username.

Offline ya

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2013, 02:27:48 PM »
To clarify are you trying to compare to a $1500 Mac? Because the original price (probably when you bought it) for your computer is $1550.

I do not know how long it takes for a Macbook with an ssd drive to start up. I would assume it would be far faster than a hard disk.
Im comparing it to the price now. Who cares what the computer costs 10months ago to the OP? Most MAC laptops have SSD now though I have not checked boot time speed but either way 4-5 seconds is pretty fast even IF a MAC would take 2-3 which I highly doubt you dont gain much.

Offline jaywhy

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 29, 2013, 02:47:11 PM »

About 10 seconds.

Seems like the majority of people who are flaming Macs here have never used them, while the pro Mac crowd is simply expressing their preference for Mac without having to flame PC's.
I used PC's for many years and switched over 1.5 years ago and I've been very happy with my Mac.

It simply performs better, the hardware is top notch, the software and hardware are very well integrated and it doesn't give me any of the random problems that all my other PC's have given me in the past. Is it more expensive than a comparably specced PC? Absolutely. But the benefits are worth the cost premium.

I dont have anything against PC's, I just prefer to use a Mac for the above reasons.

It should be very telling that the flaming in this thread is only going one way.

Also, this thread needs a poll.

Offline hertzinstl

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 29, 2013, 02:48:31 PM »

So create one

Offline jaywhy

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 29, 2013, 02:48:54 PM »
4-5 seconds from when the laptop is totally off you are in windows and ready to use. Windows 8 with an i7 and SSD. Which Acer did you have? The Acer high end S7 series are great laptops. The low end are crap. If I have time later I will post a video.
I'll believe that when I see a video. You've already exaggerated once in the same post.

Offline jaywhy

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 29, 2013, 02:49:53 PM »
So create one
A mod needs to do that. Unless they've changed that again.
ETA, that was quick. Thanks.

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 29, 2013, 02:57:57 PM »
A mod needs to do that.

The OP can start it too
Visibly Jewish

Offline ya

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 29, 2013, 03:16:04 PM »
About 10 seconds.

Seems like the majority of people who are flaming Macs here have never used them, while the pro Mac crowd is simply expressing their preference for Mac without having to flame PC's.
I used PC's for many years and switched over 1.5 years ago and I've been very happy with my Mac.

It simply performs better, the hardware is top notch, the software and hardware are very well integrated and it doesn't give me any of the random problems that all my other PC's have given me in the past. Is it more expensive than a comparably specced PC? Absolutely. But the benefits are worth the cost premium.

I dont have anything against PC's, I just prefer to use a Mac for the above reasons.

It should be very telling that the flaming in this thread is only going one way.

Why not compare the MAC to a PC that costs that same as the MAC?