Author Topic: Marriott Stay 2 Nights, Get 1 Night Free  (Read 4708 times)

Offline szk

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
Marriott Stay 2 Nights, Get 1 Night Free
« on: August 19, 2010, 10:55:41 AM »
Marriott Rewards Promotion - Stay 2, Get 1 Free - signup starts today
1 free night every second stay (up to two free nights) when paying with Visa. Sign up starts today, but the deal is for stays between September 15th and January 15th.

Must be a Marriott Rewards member to sign up. Must sign in to see the reward. Membership is free.

http://www.marriott.com/rewards/promotion.mi?promotion=VF10

Here's all you have to do:

Register by selecting the "Register" button or by calling 888-MARRIOTT by October 31, 2010.
Stay at any of the more than 3,200 participating hotels between September 15, 2010 and
January 15, 2011.
Earn 1 free night every other paid stay, starting with your second stay, up to 2 FREE nights using your VisaŽ card.

Offline steve2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Marriott Stay 2 Nights, Get 1 Night Free
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 11:20:33 AM »
 just keep a couple of things in mind, if you arent a Plat you cant chose which of the many variations of the MB you want so unless this Stay2 get 1 free is the default Bonus you may not get it

2nd even if it is the Default Bonus the T&Cs state its good for a Cat1-Cat4 hotel , most of the better MRs are the 6 & 7s, so 1st find a Cat4 and below that you will use it at and work out if it pays to spend the $$ for 2 Stays.  No sense spending say $200 if the Cat4 will be only say $139, unless you Need to stay those 2 Stays anyway

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 12:04:05 PM »
just keep a couple of things in mind, if you arent a Plat you cant chose which of the many variations of the MB you want so unless this Stay2 get 1 free is the default Bonus you may not get it

2nd even if it is the Default Bonus the T&Cs state its good for a Cat1-Cat4 hotel , most of the better MRs are the 6 & 7s, so 1st find a Cat4 and below that you will use it at and work out if it pays to spend the $$ for 2 Stays.  No sense spending say $200 if the Cat4 will be only say $139, unless you Need to stay those 2 Stays anyway
Amazing that HH/MR/SPG haven't truly matched Hyatt's FFN yet, but they keep putting out these crappy imitations...

Which is just fine by me because I'm generally treated like true royalty as a Hyatt Diamond which no other chain comes even remotely close to matching.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2010, 12:14:21 PM »
Amazing that HH/MR/SPG haven't truly matched Hyatt's FFN yet, but they keep putting out these crappy imitations...

Which is just fine by me because I'm generally treated like true royalty as a Hyatt Diamond which no other chain comes even remotely close to matching.

which is OK if by chance you will be in 1 of the few places that Hyatt actually has Hotels, which leaves out many US Cities as well as European Cities

Still hard to believe Nothing in Brussels or Vienna, Prague,Rome, Greek Isles do I have to keep going. Put in Prague and they offer you the Grand Hyatt in Berlin?? (its a very nice Hotel but still) All of those Cities are covered by Marriott or Hilton or SPG

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2010, 12:35:56 PM »
which is OK if by chance you will be in 1 of the few places that Hyatt actually has Hotels, which leaves out many US Cities as well as European Cities

Still hard to believe Nothing in Brussels or Vienna, Prague,Rome, Greek Isles do I have to keep going. Put in Prague and they offer you the Grand Hyatt in Berlin?? (its a very nice Hotel but still) All of those Cities are covered by Marriott or Hilton or SPG
We've been through this.  Yes I understand Hyatt has half the amount of hotels that SPG has and a fraction to MR and HH.
That being said where they do have hotels they are often gems and treat you like absolute royalty.  Stay once at the Park Hyatt in Paris or Milan with free catered kosher food at stunning hotels with unrivaled personal service and you'll be hooked on Hyatt mattress running for life.

Oh yes, and the $1,000 room there only cost $160 due to FFN.

"We're so sorry for the banging at 9:00am this morning, there were some emergency repairs.  We'll immediately deposit enough points into your account to let you stay at any Hyatt in the world"
  -Park Hyatt Paris front desk.  While I was munching down on comped cheesecake, croissants, yogurts, fine cheeses, bread ,and juice.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2010, 01:06:19 PM »
We've been through this.  Yes I understand Hyatt has half the amount of hotels that SPG has and a fraction to MR and HH.
That being said where they do have hotels they are often gems and treat you like absolute royalty.  Stay once at the Park Hyatt in Paris or Milan with free catered kosher food at stunning hotels with unrivaled personal service and you'll be hooked on Hyatt mattress running for life.

Oh yes, and the $1,000 room there only cost $160 due to FFN.

"We're so sorry for the banging at 9:00am this morning, there were some emergency repairs.  We'll immediately deposit enough points into your account to let you stay at any Hyatt in the world"
  -Park Hyatt Paris front desk.  While I was munching down on comped cheesecake, croissants, yogurts, fine cheeses, bread ,and juice.

you are Correct we have been done this Road before I dont care if Milan is $5,000 a night I have no reason to stay there even if all it will cost is $160 for 1 FFN! thats the way you want to see the World be my guest. Id rather be in Rome or Florence or Venice or down South in a very nice Hilton

I did Paris once and that was more then enough for me , yet Ive been to Prague,Vienna,Budapest,Amsterdam etc etc numerous times and can go back for more and not 1 Hyatt anywhere near any of them

So if Milan and Paris are where you want to go then I guess it will work for You or anyone looking to go there, Id rather spend my time elsewhere and Unfortunatly there arent any Hyatts = no reason for Me at least to stay at them even on the FFNs

As for being treated like a King, I Never looked to be nor want to be , 1 reason I stay far away from the Ritz-Carltons. to me its far more important to actually have the $$ in pocket to be a King then to be a schnoorer and make believe I am a King due to how someone workers might treat me or look at me. Be it by a Hotel or Carrier.

On my recent UA trip to SYD there were a Bunch of other 1Ks around me in E+ and we all thought it wasnt worth paying an extra $1200+ to be in Biz even using a SWU when we could be sitting in E+ with at least 1 empty seat next to us. I can tell you Im older, heavier and taller then You and I had no problems sitting in UA E+ (true no AVOD but it really didnt matter) just no Bragging rights and I wasnt treated like Royalty and I really didnt care. However when they missed up and boy did they , they more then made up for it due to my 1K status.

to me at least I dont want to spend 2 weeks living like a King and then the other 50 weeks a year living like a schnoorer. Thats why getting the best car on the lot isnt important especially if when a person gets home their 2003 car is waiting for them in long term parking

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2010, 01:15:51 PM »
If you don't care to be treated well then why go for status at all?

Personally I enjoy trading in my clunker car for a couple weeks of being treated like royalty, flying so that I can be well rested and hit the ground running while staying in places I shouldn't be able to afford, and driving cars that I would never buy...

P.S. There's a Park Hyatt in SYD too  ;)   And plenty of other places in the world that I'm sure you'd find "interesting"
Park Hyatts
Grand Hyatts
Hyatt Regency

I'm not saying give up your status in the other programs, I know how much you like to earn them the hard way.  I'm just saying when possible I would always stay in a Hyatt on an FFN...

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2010, 01:49:34 PM »
If you don't care to be treated well then why go for status at all?

Personally I enjoy trading in my clunker car for a couple weeks of being treated like royalty, flying so that I can be well rested and hit the ground running while staying in places I shouldn't be able to afford, and driving cars that I would never buy...

P.S. There's a Park Hyatt in SYD too  ;)   And plenty of other places in the world that I'm sure you'd find "interesting"
Park Hyatts
Grand Hyatts
Hyatt Regency

I'm not saying give up your status in the other programs, I know how much you like to earn them the hard way.  I'm just saying when possible I would always stay in a Hyatt on an FFN...

Ive stayed at the PH SYD for a night , and for this trip  was way out of the way and not convient at all

Ive flown Biz and FC and can tell you it doesnt make a difference to me I feel the same way when I land.The status isnt so that I feel Important or to get others to treat me as such, its for the little things that add up. My upcoming 1 night in SEA it allowed me to get a room with a great view which it seems means not going for a Suite or Jr suite

I always get a belly laugh out the ole FT line, where a guy is standing at the counter at the Gate demanding something and not getting it and throws out Do You Know Who I Am! meaning he has top status and the GA gets on the PA and says 'Attention theres a man over here at gate X who seems to have a problem remembering who he is if anyone recognizes him Please come forward and inform us and him,thanks".  I heard it myself 1 time

If a person needs status in a program in order to feel like Royalty then I feel SORRY for them, I feel like a King simply because Im a Yid! and prefer waiting till Olam Habor to receive anything else it will last aheck of alot longer and be worth so much more when it will really count. These programs are simply Games and any status that I have doeant make me any better then someone w/o any. The truth is if these Companies had any brains they would have their Top Levels be Only based on $$$ spent and no Comping whatsoever. If they did that then in fact they would be able to properly take care of those who should matter the most to their Bottom Line, B"H they arent doing it that way, yet