Topic Wiki

To signup for credit cards you can click here or on the “other credit cards” tab on top of the DansDeals logo banner to view links for card offers. Then just click on the link to “View all card offers by issuing bank” and scroll down to view all card offers from the bank of your choice.

for 50K offer at 5k spend: https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/credit-card-details/citi.action?ID=citi-prestige-card

Benefits at $450/year.

Current signup offer is 50,000 points after $3,000 spend within 3 months.

Every calendar year you can get up to $250 in airfare credits from your Citi Prestige card.

One GE application credit which renews every 5 years. ($100 value).

Priority Pass Select Membership. Unlike PP that is gotten from Amex Platinum, with this one you can guest in 2 people or immediate family for free! (Can also get other people their own PP for just $50).

Free 4th Night stay at any Hotel.
      -   Can be combined with hotel promos for 3rd or 5th night free.

3x Points earning for all travel related purchases.

ThankYou points Transfers 1:1 to many Airlines including Flying Blue, Singapore and others.

ThankYou points Redemption Bonus. Citi Prestige gives you a 33% bonus to redeem ThankYou Points for most travel at 1.33 cents apiece, or for flights on American Airlines and US Airways at 1.6 cents apiece!

No Foreign Transaction Fees, Chip & Signature.

Three free rounds of Golf every year.

« Last edited by arihut on January 28, 2018, 05:11:41 PM »

Author Topic: Citi Prestige Card  (Read 357958 times)

Offline mmgfarb

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
Re: Citi Prestige Card
« Reply #1420 on: October 09, 2017, 02:28:52 PM »
Representative told me that the credit card number will change...(unlike the DOC post).
Why would you rely on the rep?
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Online Thingywingy

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: October 09, 2017, 04:42:21 PM »
She offered the information that my account number would be changed and it seems like a pretty straightforward piece of information.
I am sometimes accused of overthinking things. I am still mulling over whether that accusation has merit.

Online Thingywingy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: October 15, 2017, 06:57:26 PM »
Why would you rely on the rep?
I now see the account in my online profile and it shows a different number.
I am sometimes accused of overthinking things. I am still mulling over whether that accusation has merit.

Offline Pesach

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: October 16, 2017, 09:21:37 PM »
Can I still get the  4th night free benefit if I call citi and book a room  under someone else's name ? Using my cc? And if yes is there still a problem when he would check in at the hotel and the cc used to book the room is not their nor the cc owner? Also, can I do this for multiple people at the same time staying the same dates ?let's say from today for four days for two rooms under two different names at the same hotel and still get the free night benefit ? And if yes can you do it at 2 different hotels on the same dates  one for Waldorf Jerusalem and one for Waldorf Beverley ? Thanks

Offline dpk4588

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: October 17, 2017, 09:52:59 AM »
I'm a little confused about the Citi family rule. I got the Prestige bonus 10/9/15 (more than 24 months ago), can I get the Premier bonus if I apply now?  What if I cancel my Prestige before receiving the bonus on the Premier, does resetting the  24 month clock after applying but before receiving the bonus make a difference?

Also if I cancel my Prestige, how long do I have to use my remaining points from the Prestige?
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
-Albert Einstein

Offline chinagel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1425 on: October 17, 2017, 11:07:48 AM »
I'm a little confused about the Citi family rule. I got the Prestige bonus 10/9/15 (more than 24 months ago), can I get the Premier bonus if I apply now?  What if I cancel my Prestige before receiving the bonus on the Premier, does resetting the  24 month clock after applying but before receiving the bonus make a difference?

Also if I cancel my Prestige, how long do I have to use my remaining points from the Prestige?
you can get then bonus as long as you have not opened or closed a thankyou card in the last 24 months. dont cancel, that will reset the clock. you can also get the prestige again even while having the first one.

Offline dpk4588

• View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: October 17, 2017, 11:13:29 AM »
you can get then bonus as long as you have not opened or closed a thankyou card in the last 24 months. dont cancel, that will reset the clock. you can also get the prestige again even while having the first one.
I wanna cancel the Prestige because I just got the AF (still reduced to $350 because of my old CitiGold status) but I don't really wanna pay it. I guess I could wait until I get the Premier bonus and then cancel the Prestige and get a pro-rated refund.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
-Albert Einstein

Offline greathummer7

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: October 17, 2017, 11:44:23 AM »
Can I still get the  4th night free benefit if I call citi and book a room  under someone else's name ? Using my cc? And if yes is there still a problem when he would check in at the hotel and the cc used to book the room is not their nor the cc owner? Also, can I do this for multiple people at the same time staying the same dates ?let's say from today for four days for two rooms under two different names at the same hotel and still get the free night benefit ? And if yes can you do it at 2 different hotels on the same dates  one for Waldorf Jerusalem and one for Waldorf Beverley ? Thanks

A few points here based on what has been discussed elsewhere:

1. You have to book under your Citi Prestige cardholder name, but can add a second person's name so they can check-in without you.
2. You cannot have concurrent bookings that take advantage of the 4th night free, regardless at same hotel or different ones
3. You can do 4 nights at 1 hotel, then 5th-8th night at another to take advantage of it twice, but again, not concurrent.

Would love to be corrected / proven otherwise, but that's what I have been observing in the discussions at various forums.

Offline chinagel

• View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: October 17, 2017, 11:50:19 AM »
I wanna cancel the Prestige because I just got the AF (still reduced to $350 because of my old CitiGold status) but I don't really wanna pay it. I guess I could wait until I get the Premier bonus and then cancel the Prestige and get a pro-rated refund.
once they issue the card you can cancel, you dont need to wait till you get the bonus

Offline dpk4588

• View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: October 17, 2017, 11:51:49 AM »
once they issue the card you can cancel, you dont need to wait till you get the bonus
Ok, thanks. That's what I thought initially. How long to I have to use the points I have left from my Prestige?
-Albert Einstein

Offline chinagel

• View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: October 17, 2017, 11:52:51 AM »
Ok, thanks. That's what I thought initially. How long to I have to use the points I have left from my Prestige?
once you get a new card the old points can be linked to it

Offline dpk4588

• View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: October 17, 2017, 11:55:22 AM »
once you get a new card the old points can be linked to it
I thought when you transfer points from one Citi card to another you only have 60 or 90 (I don't remember which) days to use them before they expire. I've never had two Citi TYP cards at once but when I had a CitiGold Checking the points were subject to expiration when the points got added to my Prestige.
-Albert Einstein

Offline chinagel

• View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: October 17, 2017, 12:09:47 PM »
I thought when you transfer points from one Citi card to another you only have 60 or 90 (I don't remember which) days to use them before they expire. I've never had two Citi TYP cards at once but when I had a CitiGold Checking the points were subject to expiration when the points got added to my Prestige.
IINM checking to cc is different, you can PUTPAC them

Offline chinagel

• View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: November 06, 2017, 02:36:18 PM »
if i get citi priority checking after having paid af already, will i get 100 dollar refund for AF?

Offline gross5g

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: November 06, 2017, 02:41:36 PM »
if i get citi priority checking after having paid af already, will i get 100 dollar refund for AF?
I signed up for.citi gold.during year I had prestige.and I got a $100 credit on my.next statement after I opened checking account

Offline chinagel

• View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: November 06, 2017, 02:43:20 PM »
I signed up for.citi gold.during year I had prestige.and I got a $100 credit on my.next statement after I opened checking account
thanks

Offline shmebeble

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: November 06, 2017, 02:44:18 PM »
is there a sign up bonus for this card anymore?

Offline LoLo

• View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: November 06, 2017, 02:49:09 PM »
You'll have 90 days to use them after transferring.

Offline GAM Z.

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: November 06, 2017, 07:58:49 PM »
The same happened to me, though that was a year and a half ago

Offline rollingstone

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: November 06, 2017, 08:10:10 PM »
is there a sign up bonus for this card anymore?
No