Topic Wiki

To signup for credit cards you can click here or on the “other credit cards” tab on top of the DansDeals logo banner to view links for card offers. Then just click on the link to “View all card offers by issuing bank” and scroll down to view all card offers from the bank of your choice.

for 50K offer at 5k spend: https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/credit-card-details/citi.action?ID=citi-prestige-card

Benefits at $450/year.

Current signup offer is 50,000 points after $3,000 spend within 3 months.

Every calendar year you can get up to $250 in airfare credits from your Citi Prestige card.

One GE application credit which renews every 5 years. ($100 value).

Priority Pass Select Membership. Unlike PP that is gotten from Amex Platinum, with this one you can guest in 2 people or immediate family for free! (Can also get other people their own PP for just $50).

Free 4th Night stay at any Hotel.
      -   Can be combined with hotel promos for 3rd or 5th night free.

3x Points earning for all travel related purchases.

ThankYou points Transfers 1:1 to many Airlines including Flying Blue, Singapore and others.

ThankYou points Redemption Bonus. Citi Prestige gives you a 33% bonus to redeem ThankYou Points for most travel at 1.33 cents apiece, or for flights on American Airlines and US Airways at 1.6 cents apiece!

No Foreign Transaction Fees, Chip & Signature.

Three free rounds of Golf every year.

« Last edited by arihut on January 28, 2018, 05:11:41 PM »

Author Topic: Citi Prestige Card  (Read 354165 times)

Offline jediwho

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Citi Prestige Card
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2015, 05:01:11 AM »
which card is better ? Citi Prestige or Chase Ritz card? more benefits and lower annual fee? easy to claim the $250 annual travel credit?

I have both and personally think Prestige is a much better value for money. This is assuming you are not spending too many nights at the Marriott.

Thankyou Points are at least 2x the value of Marriott. Also, outside of Marriott stays, Prestige offers a much better reward spending at 3x on airline/hotels and 2x or restaurants/entertainment.

So, if you are able to spend $10K a year those two categories combined, you should be able to get about 25K Thankyou points. Those 15K extra TK points covers the $200 AF for me. The Priority Pass, lounge access to AA and concierge service are the extra perks why I will be keeping the card.

Ritz is essentially $95 AF, so a better value there. But where it falls short is the value of the points and only 2x on airline vs 3x and 2x or restaurants. So a weak currency and less rewards. Plus Lounge Club  vs. Priority Pass and no access to AA lounges when flying AA.

Ritz card definitely makes sense if you have at least 3 stays a year at Ritz as you get a club level upgrade per stay for up to seven days and more reward points. So, even if just stayed for one night at the Ritz three times a year, the Ritz card is well worth the $95 fee. 

Offline jediwho

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2015, 05:02:04 AM »
Does PGGM work for the airfare credits?

Yes, it did for me.

Offline peace123

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2015, 09:09:46 AM »
I have both and personally think Prestige is a much better value for money. This is assuming you are not spending too many nights at the Marriott.

Thankyou Points are at least 2x the value of Marriott. Also, outside of Marriott stays, Prestige offers a much better reward spending at 3x on airline/hotels and 2x or restaurants/entertainment.

So, if you are able to spend $10K a year those two categories combined, you should be able to get about 25K Thankyou points. Those 15K extra TK points covers the $200 AF for me. The Priority Pass, lounge access to AA and concierge service are the extra perks why I will be keeping the card.

Ritz is essentially $95 AF, so a better value there. But where it falls short is the value of the points and only 2x on airline vs 3x and 2x or restaurants. So a weak currency and less rewards. Plus Lounge Club  vs. Priority Pass and no access to AA lounges when flying AA.

Ritz card definitely makes sense if you have at least 3 stays a year at Ritz as you get a club level upgrade per stay for up to seven days and more reward points. So, even if just stayed for one night at the Ritz three times a year, the Ritz card is well worth the $95 fee.
Thanks  but my main question is you are paying $200 fee to Citi with this and after the $250 credit right?  with Chase Ritz, I am paying $95 fee after the credit .  You are absolutely right, marriot point is a bad currency that's why I rarely use the card after meeting the spend req to get the 140k points.

I paid fee in FEB,  don't know if i should cancel, convert now or the  eat the $95 fee and keep?
NO i am not staying with Ritz, if I eve use the 140k points, i will use it for few nights at marriot properties.

Offline jediwho

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2015, 11:09:23 AM »
Thanks  but my main question is you are paying $200 fee to Citi with this and after the $250 credit right?  with Chase Ritz, I am paying $95 fee after the credit .  You are absolutely right, marriot point is a bad currency that's why I rarely use the card after meeting the spend req to get the 140k points.

I paid fee in FEB,  don't know if i should cancel, convert now or the  eat the $95 fee and keep?
NO i am not staying with Ritz, if I eve use the 140k points, i will use it for few nights at marriot properties.

If you don't stay at Ritz, I am not sure how valuable the card is. You might be better of with the Marriott card that gives one night free every year after you pay the AF. I got Ritz during the 140K offer and was convinced it was worth it and that I would keep the card as the primary card. I made three miscalculations: overestimated the value of Marriott currency, Lounge Club and how often I would stay at Ritz (zero days). So, I am definitely canceling the Ritz card.

For Prestige, a lot depends on how much you spend on traveling and restaurants as the extra points you get could make up for the $200 fee. Plus you get AA lounge access (when flying AA) and Priority Pass -- which are totally worth it for me.

Offline peace123

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2015, 11:25:50 AM »
If you don't stay at Ritz, I am not sure how valuable the card is. You might be better of with the Marriott card that gives one night free every year after you pay the AF. I got Ritz during the 140K offer and was convinced it was worth it and that I would keep the card as the primary card. I made three miscalculations: overestimated the value of Marriott currency, Lounge Club and how often I would stay at Ritz (zero days). So, I am definitely canceling the Ritz card.

For Prestige, a lot depends on how much you spend on traveling and restaurants as the extra points you get could make up for the $200 fee. Plus you get AA lounge access (when flying AA) and Priority Pass -- which are totally worth it for me.
The only reason why I first thought about keeping the Ritz card for $95 annual fee was the lounge access and you can have any guests with it. But I have no travel for 10 months so no lounge visit until then. I would have transferred my  140K marriot points to United with 20% bonus but it doesn't allow me to transfer all 140k points.
Don't know what the terms is on lounge pass you get from Citi Prestige with $200 fee.
I recently got the Citi thank you premier card with no first year year fee  which gives me 2 points for restaurants. I wish it gives me  more than 1 point at grocery and pharmacy stores.
Chase gives you  60 days  to get  the $395 fee back  if you cancel the Ritz card?

Offline Yaalili

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 157
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2015, 07:14:58 PM »
the annual fee is $450 here, isn't it? so even with $250 annual credit, i am paying $200  to Citi?
How can citi pay me $50 when i am still paying them $200 after the credit?

Because if you open up now and pay $450, you can get $250 back in May of 2015 and $250 back for January of 2016, before second annual fee.

Offline peace123

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2015, 07:55:10 PM »
Because if you open up now and pay $450, you can get $250 back in May of 2015 and $250 back for January of 2016, before second annual fee.
same case with Chase Ritz card ? I paid $95 fee after the credit. Keep it now and get another $300 credit in Jan before the 2nd year?

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2015, 08:14:48 PM »
How much are TY points worth?
1.1-1.3
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline miles

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Air Canada, UA PLT, ANA, Delta Platinum, AA, BA, Aerosvit, A/A by Chase closed all accounts
« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2015, 09:12:53 AM »
Citi Prestige 50k after 3k in first 3 months:
http://www.dansdeals.com/creditcards-com
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 03:09:56 PM by Dan »

Offline peace123

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2015, 09:29:48 AM »
1.1-1.3
50k is better not bad but wish more.

i am still paying $200 in fees after the credit. Wish there  was a way to not have to pay anything

Offline miles

• View Profile
  • Programs: Air Canada, UA PLT, ANA, Delta Platinum, AA, BA, Aerosvit, A/A by Chase closed all accounts
« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2015, 09:31:22 AM »
50k is better not bad but wish more.

i am still paying $200 in fees after the credit. Wish there  was a way to not have to pay anything
ur paying nagitive $50
250 credit for 2015
250 credit for 2016

Offline peace123

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2015, 09:47:11 AM »
ur paying nagitive $50
250 credit for 2015
250 credit for 2016
if i apply and approved today and fee charged in May 15th 2015, my next fee will be due  on same date on 2016? = May 15th 2016?

Offline miles

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2015, 09:47:56 AM »
if i apply and approved today and fee charged in May 15th 2015, my next fee will be due  on same date on 2016? = May 15th 2016?
may or june 2016

Offline peace123

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 09, 2015, 09:51:48 AM »
may or june 2016

the $250 credit is  easy? buy refundable flight?
I got the Thank you premier 45 days ago and got 50k bonus. The earning rate and transfer rate is same between Premier & Prestige? Wonder too early?

Offline Malachi

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 09, 2015, 03:02:53 PM »
Applied, got check back in 24 hours. Is there a number that could expedite the decision. I'm aware of the citi recon number, trying to figure out if there is a point in calling.
Denny Crane

Offline 123abc

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 09, 2015, 03:54:45 PM »
Can you do a 2bm premier and prestige? Or does the 8 day rule apply?

Offline rileywiles23

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
Citi Prestige Card
« Reply #56 on: April 12, 2015, 12:53:57 PM »
Can you do a 2bm premier and prestige? Or does the 8 day rule apply?
8 day rule applies to all citi cards. Some have reported luck with 2bm for AA business, and Hilton reserve.
Life is as good as you make it...

Offline MilesNpoints

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 12, 2015, 01:59:01 PM »
Anyone have luck applying for the new 50k after 3k spend and having them grant the $350 annual fee for Citi Gold clients? 

Offline Jeremiah

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 15, 2015, 11:32:16 AM »
Does the Prestige card automatically have expedited shipping like the AA Exec card?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 11:38:32 AM by Jeremiah »

Offline Malachi

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 15, 2015, 12:10:27 PM »
Does the Prestige card automatically have expedited shipping like the AA Exec card?
I was approved on April 11 and received the card on the 14th.
Denny Crane