Author Topic: If your a member of Priority Club check your Email!  (Read 7810 times)

Offline steve2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
If your a member of Priority Club check your Email!
« on: August 24, 2010, 03:29:37 PM »
 PC has announced a GREAT promo everyone got something different all depending it seems on their past stay history. Its targeted and the T&Cs says if you werent the intended receiptant then you wont get the Bonus pts

I got 1- 10 Stays

2- 2 Sat Stays

3- 2 different Brands

4- Opt in for emails

5- get the PC Chase VISA CC

6- take a survey

and when completed by 5/31/11 I will end up with an extra 179,300 pts Not bad and very easy as for my 10 Stays 2 will be Sat nights so its down to 8 more and 2 differnt Brands is a no brainer as well

Offline chuchem

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: If your a member of Priority Club check your Email!
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 06:18:54 PM »
Steve I like your location, is it an airline club? What would you be doing outside? :-)

Offline E

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 10:13:34 PM »
PC has announced a GREAT promo everyone got something different all depending it seems on their past stay history. Its targeted and the T&Cs says if you werent the intended receiptant then you wont get the Bonus pts

very weird I didn't get any email I have a few accounts in all different statuses including a platinum ambassador account and I dont see anything in my inbox can you maybe forward me the email

Offline txtmax4

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2010, 12:45:45 AM »
Steve I like your location, is it an airline club? What would you be doing outside? :-)
Steve's a bouncer.
If You See Something, Say Something!!

Offline Yordai Dooma

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA EXP/LT Platinum, SPG gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE,
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2010, 08:31:43 PM »
My wife and i both got the promo today via snail mail.

My wife's offer was:
Stay 10 nights, get 5600 bonus points
Stay at 2 brands, get 2200 bonus points
Stay 2 saturdays, get 3300 bonus points
Earn 1400 points on the chase visa, get 900 bonus points
Opt in for emails (even though she gets them already), get 10,000 points
Take the long survey and get 500 points.
That would be a total of 22,500 bonus points earned if she did all of them.
The she would get an additional 81,000 points for completing all the offers for a total of 103,500

My offer was:
Earn 1400 points on the chase visa and get 500 bonus points
Stay 10 nights and get 5600 bonus points
Stay at 2 brands and get 2200 bonus points
Stay 2 saturdays and get 1700 bonus points
Take a long survey and get 500 bonus points
That would be a total of 10,500 bonus points earned if I did all of them.
The I would get an additional 51,000 points for completing all the offers for a total of 61,500.

I dont think its worth it to do the offer i got other than the survey for my $3 worth of points.
The offer my wife got would yield us $621 worth of points. Perhaps that would be worth it if i need to stay somewhere already.
Its quite interesting how some offers are so different that others.
Steve2, how many points did they offer for getting the CC?

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2010, 09:38:13 PM »
My wife and i both got the promo today via snail mail.

My wife's offer was:
Stay 10 nights, get 5600 bonus points
Stay at 2 brands, get 2200 bonus points
Stay 2 saturdays, get 3300 bonus points
Earn 1400 points on the chase visa, get 900 bonus points
Opt in for emails (even though she gets them already), get 10,000 points
Take the long survey and get 500 points.
That would be a total of 22,500 bonus points earned if she did all of them.
The she would get an additional 81,000 points for completing all the offers for a total of 103,500

My offer was:
Earn 1400 points on the chase visa and get 500 bonus points
Stay 10 nights and get 5600 bonus points
Stay at 2 brands and get 2200 bonus points
Stay 2 saturdays and get 1700 bonus points
Take a long survey and get 500 bonus points
That would be a total of 10,500 bonus points earned if I did all of them.
The I would get an additional 51,000 points for completing all the offers for a total of 61,500.

I dont think its worth it to do the offer i got other than the survey for my $3 worth of points.
The offer my wife got would yield us $621 worth of points. Perhaps that would be worth it if i need to stay somewhere already.
Its quite interesting how some offers are so different that others.
Steve2, how many points did they offer for getting the CC?

30k no different then chase itself offers. someone I know on FT got 60k but all in all we both got the same amount of overall pts if we did everything.

Typing this from a Candlewood Suites Hotel, they're cheap but the price was right and Im out of here @ 4am to go across the River to PHL. 3 out of 10 complete with 2 more this week so by Sun I will have 4 out of 6 done. Wont finish the other 2 till after 1/1 as that way I will get Plat for both '11 and '12

I'll apply for the CC after 1/1

Offline E

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2010, 11:03:59 PM »
still no emails for any of my 3 PC accounts :-\

Offline Yordai Dooma

• View Profile
  • Programs: AA EXP/LT Platinum, SPG gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE,
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2010, 12:59:24 AM »

Ours came via snail mail...

Offline Yordai Dooma

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2010, 01:24:35 AM »
Wow, it seems you can stack the sweet dilemma promo on top of the crack the case promo.
The T&C of the sweet dilemma program (which was posted here: http://www.dansdeals.com/archives/9342) say:
14. Frequency Credits:
(a) During Free Nights Promotion Period: Once registered for the Free Nights Promotion and during the Promotion Period, Members will not earn base or elite Priority Club points, airline miles, or any other frequency credit earning preference Members have chosen (“Frequency Credits”) for the room rate, food and beverage charges or any other incidental charges for any stays at any IHG hotel (except at hotels in those countries in which the Promotion is void), whether pursuant to this Promotion or otherwise, even if the Member has previously registered for, or is otherwise qualified for, another promotion and even if the Member has already earned the maximum of five Free Nights during the Promotion Period. In other words, participation in this Free Nights Promotion excludes the receipt of base and elite Frequency Credits for stays from the date of registration for this Free Nights Promotion until December 31, 2010. Bonus Frequency Credits, however, will be awarded pursuant to the terms of any other promotion in which Member is participating.

So basically, i stay 10 nights before Dec 31 (making sure that at least 2 are sat nights, and at least 1 is at a different brand) and i walk away with 103,500 points and 5 free nights. Time for a mattress run! I wonder what the going rate will be to sell these free nights... ;D

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2010, 01:30:55 AM »
Wow, it seems you can stack the sweet dilemma promo on top of the crack the case promo.
The T&C of the sweet dilemma program (which was posted here: http://www.dansdeals.com/archives/9342) say:
So basically, i stay 10 nights before Dec 31 (making sure that at least 2 are sat nights, and at least 1 is at a different brand) and i walk away with 103,500 points and 5 free nights. Time for a mattress run! I wonder what the going rate will be to sell these free nights... ;D
Awesome!!!
Make a comment on the main site answering your question!
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Shlomi

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2010, 09:55:08 AM »

Me neither! I'm also PC plat!
Is this offer only for individuals?

Offline yare

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2010, 01:51:06 PM »
if you didn't recieve the offer many people have been successful calling up and getting it

Offline Yordai Dooma

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2010, 02:03:58 PM »
if you didn't recieve the offer many people have been successful calling up and getting it
What kind of offers are they getting? as in how many points?

Offline Yordai Dooma

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2010, 05:03:26 PM »
I wonder why some people get such high offers and others get so low? i saw somewhere that one person got an offer for 310,000. He did have to stay 20 nights and at 3 diff brands...but to spend $1000 (20 x $50) and get $1860 worth of points is pretty amazing.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2010, 11:39:40 PM »
What kind of offers are they getting? as in how many points?

some on FT posted that the pt total was too low for what they wanted them to do that it wasnt worth it in the end, so a YMMV

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2010, 11:44:00 PM »
I wonder why some people get such high offers and others get so low? i saw somewhere that one person got an offer for 310,000. He did have to stay 20 nights and at 3 diff brands...but to spend $1000 (20 x $50) and get $1860 worth of points is pretty amazing.

$50 where? in the tri-state area the best I found is $59.99 + 15% tx and ONLY on Sat night, most are closer to $80 + tx but still worth it if they gave you a high enough case total

I already had the pts for my survey and signing up for emails post

Offline Yordai Dooma

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2010, 11:47:03 PM »
$50 where? in the tri-state area the best I found is $59.99 + 15% tx and ONLY on Sat night, most are closer to $80 + tx but still worth it if they gave you a high enough case total

I already had the pts for my survey and signing up for emails post

In the chicago area, i found for $49 at more than one staybridge suites.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2010, 02:26:05 PM »
In the chicago area, i found for $49 at more than one staybridge suites.

not bad at all, I assume its not their rack rate so which rate is it?, now u just need to find another on the cheap side to get the 2 Brands done with

I have a non-refundable for tonight back in PHL (actually the Hotel is in NJ but Im flying into PHL). but theres a nice chance I might be able to score a VDB off my SFO-PHL flight if they offer me enogh I will take it, and hope the Hotel will let me CX it since I was Bumped off my flight. Stayed there the other night so hopefully that will help

Now the Bump just needs to happen. Dont want a free tkt and Im already UPed into 1st so the only that will talk sweet thing o me is the amount of a vouchers

Offline Yordai Dooma

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2010, 02:31:23 PM »
not bad at all, I assume its not their rack rate so which rate is it?, now u just need to find another on the cheap side to get the 2 Brands done with

I have a non-refundable for tonight back in PHL (actually the Hotel is in NJ but Im flying into PHL). but theres a nice chance I might be able to score a VDB off my SFO-PHL flight if they offer me enogh I will take it, and hope the Hotel will let me CX it since I was Bumped off my flight. Stayed there the other night so hopefully that will help

Now the Bump just needs to happen. Dont want a free tkt and Im already UPed into 1st so the only that will talk sweet thing o me is the amount of a vouchers

It is the advanced non refundable rate. i searched on the PC site for the "best available rate"

If you book a room at the nonrefundable rate and dont show up, obviously you are charged for it. Do they not credit the stay even tough they charged you? How can one still get the stay if that happens? Can you have someone else check in for you or something?

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2010, 05:22:16 PM »
It is the advanced non refundable rate. i searched on the PC site for the "best available rate"

If you book a room at the nonrefundable rate and dont show up, obviously you are charged for it. Do they not credit the stay even tough they charged you? How can one still get the stay if that happens? Can you have someone else check in for you or something?

not sure I think most programs will charge you but not give you the stay/night credit., I think SPG will give you the pts you would have earned due to the rate, meaning no pts for a Plat gift that you would have gotten\, but since you didnt sleep there no Stay/Night credit.

well unfortunately for me theres a flight coming in an hour late with 23 people on it connecting to my flight but we wont be waiting for them, and thusly there will be 10 emptys on the flight. Its not a UA flight thas delayed so what do they care as they arent responsible to those who will miss the flight and this way they dont need any Vols