READ THE WIKI! IT IS VERY CLEAR! 1)
You can send up to $1K and receive up to $1K a month from your credit card. It goes by the 1st of the calendar month and not 30 days from your previous payment.2)
Many people say that you should not use an AMEX card to fund it, as it may be a trigger for an F/R, however it is OK to buy gift cards (with your AMEX) and then send it with AP. First, add the GC to your profile using the wrong expiration date, and immediately change it to the correct date and send the funds.3)
Although AP requires a SSN, you will not get a 1099-K unless you are receiving over $20k per year AND have done 200 transactions. 4) If you are using just one IP address, be cautious with this;
You can open a few accounts and send money between them, but don't send back and forth between two of the same accounts. Most people didn't have problems opening only 2 accounts per SSN even if it's linked to the same bank account. Same with sending or receiving with a spouse who has the same bank account linked to their account. 5)
If you get a message stating "We are unable to complete your transaction until further review. It can take up to 24 hours to complete this transaction. We apologize for any inconvenience this delay may cause"
, relax and be patient. It is perfectly normal. You will always get the pending message. If it's not the first time, just click on the confirmation/transaction number and it will usually show that it's completed. Sometimes though, for unknown reasons even established accounts can take several hours to process.6)
Withdrawals are never authorized immediately. Be patient. It doesn't even take a day. 7)
It's perfectly normal for you to get a message that your withdrawal has succeeded and it doesn't show up yet in your bank account even as "pending". Be patient. 8 )
The driver's license number on the account need not be a real number, only the same format. 9)
You have to verify a bank account to be able to send $1000. Otherwise, only $500.10)
The receiver has to add a credit card to the account to be able to capture the funds sent.11)
Make sure to select "Goods and Sevices" when sending money. 12)
Please note, Amazon Gift Cards cannot be used on Amazon Payments. 13)
Your send and receive limits reset at 12am PT on first of each month.IP information:
To check to IP of the device you're using: google "IP".
All computers using the same wifi router have the same IP address. (library, starbucks, my house)
A computer with the router has a different IP than without the router.
To change the IP: turn off the computer. wait a few min. turn it on. check if you have a new IP. If not. turn it off for 8+ hours (over night, over shabbos). check again. You likely have a new IP.
On a phone or the like (with it's own data): switch to 'airplane mode'. switch back. new IP.PBaruch's suggestions:
1. It is no longer generally considered safe to have multiple AP accounts for the same person. Yes, there are exceptions and some people have had luck but I would caution against it. If you are the reckless type go to number 2 below. If not, please proceed to number 3 below.
2. If you do decide to try your luck and open 2 or more AP accounts for the same person, do not send $ back and forth between these two accounts.
3. Do not send $ back and forth between people in the same household. Again, there are exceptions and some people have had luck but it is a trigger for a shutdown. The way AP views it is if you are in the same household, give em cash.
4. If there are multiple AP users in the same household, do NOT use the same IP address. If you do, be warned. You will very likely be shut down.
5. If you are shut down, you may have luck reopening your AP account by varying the spelling of your name and changing your address.
6. If you want to send $ to a spouse, it helps if he/she has a different last name and address.
7. I would caution against any complete circles or triangles. For instance, do not send A-B-C-A. Rather, send A-B-C - D.
8. If you need bank accounts to link to AP, it is VERY easy to open multiple accounts (with no fee) by using Capitol One 360:https://home.capitalone360.com/
9. Do NOT do instant account verification. Let them send deposits instead to verify the account. By doing so, I do not believe that they do not know who owns the account. This may be useful if you use some of my other suggestions.
These are my suggestions based upon personal experience and my gleaning of other posts.