Topic Wiki

DEAD - 10/13/14

READ THE WIKI! IT IS VERY CLEAR!

The Basics:

You can send up to $1,000/month directly from your CCs or GCs, and receive the same amount, which can then be withdrawn to your bank account. (No, you don't withdraw the money to your CC or GC.) These limits reset on the 1st of the calendar month at 12am Pacific Time.

Setup:

1. Although AP requires a SSN, you will not get a hard pull against your credit. You will not get a 1099-K unless you are receiving over $20k per year AND have done 200 transactions.

2. The driver's license number on the account need not be a real number, only the same format.

3. You need to connect and verify a bank account to be able to send $1,000/month. Otherwise, only $500 will be allowed. (Also, you will have difficulty withdrawing money to your bank account if it is not connected to your account.)

4. Verification can sometimes be instant if you log into your bank account through Amazon, but sometimes (particularly with smaller banks or CUs, it seems) the only working option is to allow AP to make two small deposits to you account (less than a dollar, often much less) and then reporting the exact amounts thereby verifying that the account is yours. (If you want to use AP as described here, don't even think about trying to profit from the small deposits by opening up a ton of accounts. You have been warned.)

5. The receiver account must add a credit card to be able to capture the funds sent.

Sending Money

1. Make sure to select "Goods and Services" when sending money. This is important so that the transaction codes as a purchase (for which you will get CC points/miles) and not a cash advance (for which you will not).

2. For some reason, when sending the value from GCs, AP will often prevent the full value from being sent unless, when connecting the GC with your account, you first enter the wrong expiration date and then change it to the correct one. <blinkblink>... <shrug>... but it works.  Or wait a week after putting the GC into your account for the hold to be removed from the funds.

3. And no, Amazon Gift Card balance cannot be used with Amazon Payments.

Multiple accounts:

1. It is highly recommended not to access both accounts of a transaction from the same IP address. Please see the IP Information section below for more... IP Information.

2. Most people didn't have problems opening two accounts per SSN even if they link to the same bank account, but it is risky to send money back and forth between them. Some report a similar risk with sending or receiving with a spouse who has the same bank account linked to their account.

3. Sending money using the same CC from different accounts is a known cause of shutdown.

Error messages and potential delays

1. If you get a message stating "We are unable to complete your transaction until further review. It can take up to 24 hours to complete this transaction. We apologize for any inconvenience this delay may cause," relax and be patient. It is perfectly normal.

2. Withdrawals are never authorized immediately. Be patient. It usually doesn't even take a full day. Likewise it's perfectly normal for you to get a message that your withdrawal has succeeded but it doesn't show up in your bank account yet even as pending. It will be there soon. Be patient.

3. Verifying a bank account via the deposit method can take a few days. Please anticipate and account for the extra time needed for the deposit method if you are planning to set up and use an account for the first time late in the month.

IP Information:

1. To check the IP address of the device you're using, Google "how to check my IP address"

2. All devices using the same WiFi router have the same IP address.

3. A computer connected to the Internet with a router has a different IP than it does if connected to the Internet without a router.

4. Browsing incognito or in private mode does not change your IP address.

5. To change the IP address of a computer, turn off the computer, wait a few minutes, then turn it back on. Check if you have a new IP address. If not, turn it off for 8+ hours (overnight or something) and check again. You will likely have a new IP address.

6. On a phone or other device (with it's own data) switch WiFi off. To change IP addresses, switch to 'airplane mode' and switch back and you will usually have a new IP address. Note: If your phone or tablet has WiFi only, it will always have the same IP address as other devices that connect through the same WiFi.

PBaruch's suggestions:

1. It is no longer generally considered safe to have multiple AP accounts for the same person.  Yes, there are exceptions and some people have had luck but I would caution against it.  If you are the reckless type go to number 2 below.  If not, please proceed to number 3 below.

2. If you do decide to try your luck and open 2 or more AP accounts for the same person, do not send $ back and forth between these two accounts.

3. Do not send $ back and forth between people in the same household.  Again, there are exceptions and some people have had luck but it is a trigger for a shutdown.  The way AP views it is if you are in the same household, give em cash. 

4. If there are multiple AP users in the same household, do NOT use the same IP address.  If you do, be warned.  You will very likely be shut down.

5. If you are shut down, you may have luck reopening your AP account by varying the spelling of your name and changing your address. 

6. If you want to send $ to a spouse, it helps if he/she has a different last name and address.

7. I would caution against any complete circles or triangles.  For instance, do not send A-B-C-A.  Rather, send A-B-C-D.

8. If you need bank accounts to link to AP, it is VERY easy to open multiple accounts (with no fee) by using Capitol One 360: https://home.capitalone360.com/ (Be aware that this is likely a hard pull.)

9. Do NOT do instant account verification. Let them send deposits instead to verify the account.  By doing so, I do not believe that they know who owns the account. This may be useful if you use some of my other suggestions.

These are my suggestions based upon personal experience and my gleaning of other posts.

Poll

Were you shut down?

Yes, but i got it back! :)
7 (2.9%)
Yes. :(
55 (22.5%)
No, B"H!  :)
149 (61.1%)
Yes and No (I have more then 1 account)
33 (13.5%)

Total Members Voted: 244

Author Topic: Amazon Payments Master Thread (RIP 10/13/14)  (Read 1118802 times)

Offline bubbles

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 67
    • View Profile
Re: Earn miles/points with Amazon payments using a credit card
« Reply #220 on: October 05, 2011, 02:34:04 PM »
Reports on other sites of peoples multiple accounts getting shut down. Looks like they are starting to crack down atleast a little

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #221 on: October 05, 2011, 02:46:20 PM »
What's the count here?

How many accounts has one DDF member opened successfully?
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline HelpMe

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 05, 2011, 02:54:25 PM »
How many accounts has one DDF member opened successfully?
Opened and stayed opened or opened transfered 1k then closed?
"Elvis Has Left The Building"

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #223 on: October 05, 2011, 03:07:29 PM »
Opened and stayed opened or opened transfered 1k then closed?

I guess I wanted to know currently open and are being used monthly. Curious how much money is being laundered here :P
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline yitzf

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: October 05, 2011, 05:59:38 PM »
if i remember correctly i have tried giving a wrong license number and they would not verify the account (but i'm not sure  that my memory is 100% correct on this one)
I don't think they verify with each state's DMV, they probably have some algorithm that checks to see that it matches the state's numbering system for that state (something like this).
sounds fair enough.
 btw pretty cool list, where do you find such things?

Offline TC610

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: October 06, 2011, 03:41:01 PM »
I guess I wanted to know currently open and are being used monthly. Curious how much money is being laundered here :P

Good question.  What are the top scores?  I've transferred almost $1000 each month for the last 3 months between two accounts.  I joined the AP game late, but I plan on milking AP for what I can until I at least reach the SPG thresholds, and anything after that is a bonus to me.

$3000 probably isn't nearly as much as other people have passed through AP, so now I'm curious too.

Offline elikay

• View Profile
« Reply #226 on: October 06, 2011, 07:46:42 PM »
just had an account suspended... :(

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 06, 2011, 07:51:06 PM »
just had an account suspended... :(

Whats your transfer history for that account?

Any other accounts with safe info or IP address?

Did they send any sort of email? What are they saying?

Slightly OT: I got an email from them asking for my SSN, does anyone know if they plan on reporting anything to the IRS (like PayPal just started doing)? Anyone else get this.

Edit: Details here:

Greetings from Amazon Payments,

Beginning with the 2011 tax year, new IRS regulations require Amazon Payments to file a Form 1099-K for sellers who exceed $20,000 in unadjusted gross sales and 200 transactions in a calendar year. To assist us in complying with these regulations, we're requiring all Checkout by Amazon sellers, regardless of sales volume, to provide their tax identity information.

To help protect the security of your taxpayer identification information, please do not disclose it by e-mail or over the phone. Please enter your tax information in your seller account using a short interview process that can be accessed from the Settings tab. Click Account Info, and then edit the information in the Legal Entity section. To be a Checkout by Amazon seller, you must be a permanent U.S. resident, U.S. citizen, or U.S.-registered company with a substantial U.S. presence.

Please provide your tax identity information to Amazon Payments as soon as possible to prevent disruption to your seller account. If the required information isn't provided to Amazon Payments by December 26, 2011, your Checkout by Amazon selling privileges will be suspended until you provide the information.

For additional information about entering your tax information, see answers to frequently asked questions:

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/200771510

Learn more about the regulations and Form 1099-K at the IRS website:

http://www.irs.gov/govt/fslg/article/0,,id=226894,00.html

Important Notice: Information in this document does not constitute tax, legal, or other professional advice. To find out how this new legislation will affect your business, or if you have other questions, please contact your tax, legal, or other professional advisor.

Best regards,

Amazon Payments
https://payments.amazon.com

This is an automated e-mail message. Please do not respond to it.
To contact our Seller Support team, click the Contact Seller Support link at the bottom of any seller Help page.

I guess we're safe considering they're only reporting $20k/year or more, just beware of going over 200 transactions (I wonder if that includes sending and receiving).
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 07:55:37 PM by AsherO »
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline elikay

• View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 06, 2011, 09:09:36 PM »
They asked for last 4 of ssn provided at signup, and I wasn't sure what I had given so account now has limited AP functions (dunno what that means).

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #229 on: October 07, 2011, 10:06:50 AM »
They asked for last 4 of ssn provided at signup, and I wasn't sure what I had given so account now has limited AP functions (dunno what that means).

Do you know what may have triggered it? Recall anything?

Offline Avid Reader

• View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Five Star Gold, Marriott Silver, National Executive
« Reply #230 on: October 07, 2011, 11:12:09 AM »

I had the same thing happen with one of my duplicate accounts last week. Not really sure what triggered it. The only things I can think of are 1) I logged into the account from a number of public IP's (like library's). 2) The license was made up.. though I really don't think that's what caused it.  I don't even remember giving them A SS at sign up, so not sure how they can ask me to "confirm it'.

Offline Fan of Dan

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: October 09, 2011, 12:38:45 AM »
Just did a payment for first time to a different account a sister with a different ip and dif address etc and it said will take twenty four hours to verify. Any reason for concern?

Offline HelpMe

• View Profile
« Reply #232 on: October 09, 2011, 12:54:27 AM »
Just did a payment for first time to a different account a sister with a different ip and dif address etc and it said will take twenty four hours to verify. Any reason for concern?
No!
"Elvis Has Left The Building"

Offline Fan of Dan

• View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 09, 2011, 01:33:12 AM »
Good thing cause she sent money to my wife! Were doing three way me to her her to my wife and then me to sis again. This is even better than regular three way cause wife won't send it to me. This was trial run.

Offline sun365

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: October 09, 2011, 08:41:50 PM »
Avid Reader,
I had the same thing, them asking for last four... not sure what this means, but I have a few AMZ accounts, and so far on two of them they asked for the 4#.

Offline sun365

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: October 10, 2011, 10:27:08 AM »
I just got this from the account where they asked for last four of SS:

Thank you for signing in to your Amazon Payments account and verifying your account information.  Unfortunately, we were unable to confirm the information you submitted.

To verify your account information:

1. Sign in to your Amazon Payments account.
        2. Click the Edit My Account Settings link at the top of the page.
        3. Click Verify My Account Information and submit the requested information.

Since I never gave them my SS the only way they could have checked is w/the bank or CC that I used to make a payment.

Offline Avid Reader

• View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Five Star Gold, Marriott Silver, National Executive
« Reply #236 on: October 10, 2011, 12:16:51 PM »
Perhaps they have a way to compare the license number you gave them against the last 4 of the SSN, and they wanna see if it adds up.

Offline Red

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: October 10, 2011, 04:22:06 PM »
I had the same on 2 accounts. I'm wondering if they are looking for two accounts with the same last four digits that have money bouncing around between them.
In my case I confirmed one account and left the other one alone, if they cancel it so be it.
I think the trigger on my accounts were the names on those billing addresses were the same.

Offline moshe80

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: October 24, 2011, 04:53:36 PM »
how long does it take til amazon send u the money in your bank account ?

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 24, 2011, 05:01:56 PM »
how long does it take til amazon send u the money in your bank account ?

Same as Paypal, more or less, IME (typically 1-3 business days, but sometimes as long as 5)
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael