Topic Wiki

TSA Pre✓® Participating Airlines

How it works

An applicant must be a U.S. citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR) and cannot have been convicted of certain crimes. If an applicant has a record of any of the crimes identified in the eligibility requirements, they may choose not to apply, as the application fee is nonrefundable.

Interested applicants must visit an application center to provide biographic information that includes name, date of birth and address. An applicant will be fingerprinted and will be required to provide valid required identity and citizenship/immigration documentation. An applicant also has the option to pre-enroll online to provide basic information and make an appointment before visiting an application center. There is a nonrefundable application processing fee of $85.

After completing enrollment, successful applicants will receive a Known Traveler Number (KTN) via U.S. mail approximately 2-3 weeks following the visit to the application center. An applicant also may check status online by visiting https://universalenroll.dhs.gov/ and clicking on “Service Status.” The Known Traveler Number is valid for five years.

Once approved as eligible for TSA Pre✓™, the enrollee must enter the provided KTN in the ‘Known Traveler Number’ field when booking travel reservations on any of the ten participating airlines.  The KTN also can be added when booking reservations online via a participating airline website, via phone call to the airline reservation center, or with the travel management company making reservations.  Additionally, the KTN can be entered in participating airline frequent flyer profiles, where it will be stored for future reservations.
Please make sure the name used when applying for the TSA Pre✓™ application program matches the name used when booking travel.
TSA Pre✓™ eligibility will be identified with a TSA Pre✓™ indicator on the boarding pass.

Important Notice

Please note, appointments may only be made for a date within a 45 day window of completing the online application, and if all available appointments are booked in that period, appointments would not be accepted, requiring the applicant to check back for availability. The applicant also may visit an application site as a “walk-in” without an appointment but could experience a longer wait time.

Ready to pre-enroll? Visit the TSA Pre✓™ application website.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. What if I do not meet the eligibility requirements?
A. If TSA determines that the applicant does not meet program eligibility requirements, the applicant will receive a letter via U.S. mail to the mailing address provided in the application with instructions on how to proceed.

Q. How can I pay?
A. Applicants pay at an application center with credit card, money order, company check, or certified/cashier's check. Cash and personal checks are not accepted. Application centers accept Visa®, MasterCard®, American Express, and Discover credit cards. Check and money order payments for all services should be made payable to "MorphoTrust USA." Checks and money orders must be written in the exact amount. No change or refunds can be given.

Q. Can I be refunded the $85 fee?
A. No. TSA uses the application fee to cover the costs of background checks after the application is submitted. Therefore, no refunds are allowed, even if it is determined that the applicant does not meet eligibility requirements.

Q. Where can I apply in-person?
A. For information and directions to your nearest application center, click here. TSA has more than 300 locations nationwide.

Q. Do I need to make an appointment for an application center?
A. Visit the TSA Pre✓™ appointment webpage to make an appointment or contact the Universal Enrollment Call Center at 1-855-DHS-UES1 (1-855-347-8371) Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. - 10 p.m., Eastern Time.  Walk-ins are also allowed at most application centers, but wait times may be longer.

Q. What documents do I need to bring to the application center?
A. View the list of required identity and proof of citizenship/immigration documents.

Q. How should I fill out my name on my application?
A. The name on the application must exactly match the name on the applicant’s identity and proof of citizenship/immigration documents and be the name used when booking travel reservations.

Q. What if I have legally changed my name and it does not match the name on my identity and proof of citizenship/immigration documents?
A. If the applicant has legally changed his or her name, that individual must provide an original or certified a court-ordered name change document (such as marriage certificates or divorce decrees) in addition to the required documentation. For example, when presenting a U.S. birth certificate with maiden name and a driver’s license with the married name, the applicant must also provide a marriage certificate that shows the link between the names on the birth certificate and the driver’s license.

Q. What happens if I cannot provide fingerprints or be fingerprinted?
A. For the in-person fingerprint collection, TSA has procedures to accommodate individuals who are partial or full amputees or who may be unable to provide ten-finger fingerprints.

Q. How will I be notified if I am approved?
A. If approved, the applicant will receive a notification letter with an assigned Known Traveler Number (KTN) via U.S. mail when TSA completes the review of their application. The assigned KTN must be used when booking travel reservations. Applicants can also check their status online.

Q. Will I receive a card or credential to be used when traveling?
A. No. There is no card or credential provided by the TSA Pre✓™ application program.  Instead, the traveler would use the provided Known Traveler Number (KTN) when booking travel.  The KTN can be provided online when booking a flight. It also can be saved in the traveler’s profile, or provided verbally to the airline representative when booking travel by phone.

Q. If I have already been approved for Global Entry, NEXUS, SENTRI, or if I already have a KTN,  do I need to apply for the TSA Pre✓™ application program?
A. Individuals who already have a KTN, including members of Global Entry, NEXUS, or SENTRI, need not enroll in the TSA Pre✓™ application program.

Link to purchase Global Entry TSA pre-check for a discounted price.
« Last edited by chff on August 16, 2019, 12:28:30 AM »

Author Topic: TSA Precheck  (Read 178625 times)

Online myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
Re: TSA Precheck
« Reply #540 on: July 30, 2017, 09:52:20 AM »
They charge a fee for the family application while on Nexus it's free
Just takes some time but wants you made 1 application it's easy to do all
And what's the fee for a family application?
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline chaim0m

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: July 30, 2017, 10:21:22 AM »
and GE includes TSA pre?! So for $50 you get all?
FYI Nexus is free for kids, don't remember the age offhand.
travelcm

Online myi

• View Profile
« Reply #542 on: July 30, 2017, 10:41:07 AM »
Kids under 18 are free for Nexus vs. GE which costs $100 per child. Definitely a no brainer unless you purchase apps here on DDF.
FYI Nexus is free for kids, don't remember the age offhand.
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline chaim0m

• View Profile
« Reply #543 on: July 30, 2017, 10:41:39 AM »
travelcm

Online myi

• View Profile
« Reply #544 on: July 30, 2017, 10:42:40 AM »
You also get a Global Entry card, though you don’t need that when you fly, it only helps when you drive into the US as it allows you to use the Nexus lane when returning from Canada to the US or Sentri lanes from Mexico to the US.

Seems dan wrote that nexus is good from a GE membership?
 (that means all the benefits of nexus is included with the GE?)

Also is there any nexus entering canada by car? 
(don't remember off hand?)

Offline Yaalili

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 157
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: July 30, 2017, 10:59:24 AM »
You also get a Global Entry card, though you don’t need that when you fly, it only helps when you drive into the US as it allows you to use the Nexus lane when returning from Canada to the US or Sentri lanes from Mexico to the US.

If you want to use the expedited security lanes in YYZ T3 transborder, you must have the GE card.

Online myi

• View Profile
« Reply #546 on: July 30, 2017, 11:16:29 AM »
Oops sorry about that
Sounds like you have had nexus before?
When you get to the border I assume you ask them you want to apply for nexus and they tell you to pull into the lot where the inspections are and go in the office? 
 Besides a passport what other info is needed?

Offline sillypainter

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: July 30, 2017, 11:48:36 AM »
When you get to the border I assume you ask them you want to apply for nexus and they tell you to pull into the lot where the inspections are and go in the office? 

There is a dedicated office for that with an actual address.

Online myi

• View Profile
« Reply #548 on: July 30, 2017, 12:00:35 PM »
If you want to use the expedited security lanes in YYZ T3 transborder, you must have the GE card.
I remember as soon as you come in(past security) to the very left side there was a nexus lane in yyz. Vs a 30 minute line.

There is a dedicated office for that with an actual address.
I guess I will take a look beh when I go next week. Thanks.

Offline chaim0m

• View Profile
« Reply #549 on: July 30, 2017, 12:14:51 PM »
I did mine at Niagara falls, you make an appointment online and then come in for the interview.
travelcm

Online myi

• View Profile
« Reply #550 on: July 30, 2017, 12:16:01 PM »
I did mine at Niagara falls, you make an appointment online and then come in for the interview.
They give you a print out with your name and the numbers? Or you wait for that in the mail?

Offline chaim0m

• View Profile
« Reply #551 on: July 30, 2017, 12:18:33 PM »
They give you a print out with your name and the numbers? Or you wait for that in the mail?
Don't recall offhand I did this like 2 years ago. I remember the website being pretty good should give you an idea of the process
travelcm

Offline Yaalili

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 157
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: July 30, 2017, 12:28:03 PM »
I remember as soon as you come in(past security) to the very left side there was a nexus lane in yyz. Vs a 30 minute line.

Correct. Post security they have kiosk for global entry too. However make sure to bring global entry card with you if you want to use dedicated pre security fast lane for global entry.

Offline chinagel

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: July 31, 2017, 10:30:43 AM »
i have a 7 AM sunday flight at jfk, anyway i can do a walk in before the flight?

Offline David Smith

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: July 31, 2017, 10:35:22 AM »
i have a 7 AM sunday flight at jfk, anyway i can do a walk in before the flight?
They open at 7.
Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ

Offline chinagel

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: July 31, 2017, 10:40:03 AM »

Online chff

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 25
    • View Profile
  • Programs: All of them...
« Reply #556 on: August 06, 2017, 12:14:08 AM »
You have an apt?

Online myi

• View Profile
« Reply #557 on: August 06, 2017, 12:18:50 AM »
You have an apt?
I thought tsa you don't need an appntmt?

Online myi

• View Profile
« Reply #558 on: August 06, 2017, 12:37:19 PM »
Does anyone remember off hand what information is needed for a nexus application? (besides passport/drivers license?)
Thanks

Offline Dave321

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: August 07, 2017, 01:38:37 PM »
can an infant go thru precheck if both parents have?