Author Topic: Open skies satisfaction guaranteed policy?  (Read 3523 times)

Offline lafan

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Open skies satisfaction guaranteed policy?
« on: September 13, 2010, 01:19:15 AM »
anyone use this?
https://www.flyopenskies.com/special_offer/satisfactionguarantee/en_us

1. SATISFACTION GUARANTEE CONDITIONS:The OpenSkies Satisfaction Guarantee is only valid with the purchase of a roundtrip or one way published fare in Biz Seat or in Biz Bed, travel originating from EWR or IAD, paid in USD, and if the conditions below are met:
•Purchased: between Sept 8, 2010 and Nov 30, 2010.
•Flown: between Sept 8, 2010 and Nov 30, 2010; roundtrip travel must be completed by Nov 30, 2010.
Satisfaction Guarantee excludes: mileage or non-revenue tickets, prize tickets, press tickets, partner, and travel agent special, TGVair tickets or like tickets. No passengers with bookings made prior to Sept 8, 2010 are allowed to participate. No charter flights or TGVair segments qualify. This offer is not combinable with other refund requests.

Each passenger may only submit one refund request for only one one-way or roundtrip itinerary.

2. TO FILE A REFUND CLAIM: If passengers weren't satisfied with their OpenSkies onboard travel experience, each unsatisfied passenger must personally send a letter (typed and printed or hand written) postmarked within 30 days of their return travel date. No submissions postmarked after Dec 31, 2010 will be accepted. All letters must be mailed with appropriate international postage to:

OpenSkies-Sept
Satisfaction Guarantee Refund
14-18 rue d'Annam
75020 Paris
FRANCE

OpenSkies is not responsible for lost or misdirected mail. Upon receipt OpenSkies%#45;Sept will review the letter to determine compliance with promotion requirements and after validation, begin reimbursement process.

3.REQUIRED ELEMENTS TO PROCESS REFUND: Individual claim letters must also include all of the following items or risk not being processed:
•Subject: "Satisfaction Guarantee Refund"
•First name, last name
•Email, phone number
•Booking confirmation number
•Date(s) of travel
•Boarding pass
•Reason for travel: business or leisure
•If traveled for business with company, name of company
•Bank details of purchaser: : Name of the account user, account number, bank name and address, bank ABA routing number, bank SWIFT code

•Name of the ticket purchaser (if different than traveler)
•A clear explanation why the onboard travel experience was unsatisfactory

4. HOW REIMBURSEMENT WORKS: Once claim is validated by OpenSkies, the ticket purchaser will be refunded base fare and fuel surcharge only. No other ancillary charges such as; call center booking fees, airport taxes, government and security fees, change fees, travel insurance, pet charges, excess baggage, unaccompanied minor fees, TGVair train transfers, carbon off-setting, or charges for upgrades at the airports will be refunded.

Offline SuperFlyer

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Open skies satisfaction guaranteed policy?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 03:36:07 AM »
Frenchies aren't into refunds...

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010, 10:27:15 AM »
Frenchies aren't into refunds...
Nice find!

I think Open Skies is owned by BA actually.

Regardless this policy seems insane!!!  The abuse they're going to get on this one...

And even if you aren't satisfied with your flight and they still give you a hard time about the refund it seems like an easy one to chargeback, especially with an AMEX.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline E

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2010, 01:26:44 PM »
wow I'm staring to feel unsatisfied. It's funny the hotels that offer these policies usually require an unresolved issue during the stay, this has nothing 

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2010, 04:32:44 PM »
wow I'm staring to feel unsatisfied. It's funny the hotels that offer these policies usually require an unresolved issue during the stay, this has nothing 
Not just that, but it says you'll be 100% satisfied or your money back.
I can't even remember the last time I was remotely satisfied with a kosher meal on a flight  ;)

So is anyone going to go to Paris?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline aussiebochur

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2010, 04:43:29 PM »
Reading the last paragraph doesn't make me so sure you'll get your money.

"OpenSkies reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion in whole or in part without further liability to the entrants or third parties, at any time. The refund offer will not apply in the event of service disruptions resulting from strikes, boycotts, labor disputes, embargoes, acts of God, government restrictions, acts of war or terrorism, weather conditions or any other extraordinary circumstances for which OpenSkies is not responsible and which are not within its control."

Its going to get abused and they're going to stop giving money...

Offline E

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2010, 04:51:50 PM »
Reading the last paragraph doesn't make me so sure you'll get your money.

"OpenSkies reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion in whole or in part without further liability to the entrants or third parties, at any time. The refund offer will not apply in the event of service disruptions resulting from strikes, boycotts, labor disputes, embargoes, acts of God, government restrictions, acts of war or terrorism, weather conditions or any other extraordinary circumstances for which OpenSkies is not responsible and which are not within its control."

Its going to get abused and they're going to stop giving money...
you could always dispute the credit card charge can they just change their policy everyone is saying it will be abused but are there really people who would risk $1,800 min to do it

Offline aussiebochur

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2010, 05:12:20 PM »
you could always dispute the credit card charge can they just change their policy everyone is saying it will be abused but are there really people who would risk $1,800 min to do it
If someone had to take the trip anyway why wouldn't they?
Especially businessmen who don't travel on their own dime...
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 05:15:48 PM by aussiebochur »

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2010, 07:54:18 PM »
Maybe its elul, maybe I'm just crazy, but going lekatchila to get your money back stinks.

The same way I find that someone making a charge back on his/her cc by a car rental, because they don't want to pay for a fine or scratches they have merited, I find it ugly.

Its like paying for huge plasma screen in the shop with cash, and you have a way to get money out of the cashier, but the shop has no way to stop you...

Offline aussiebochur

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2010, 08:13:11 PM »
Maybe its elul, maybe I'm just crazy, but going lekatchila to get your money back stinks.

The same way I find that someone making a charge back on his/her cc by a car rental, because they don't want to pay for a fine or scratches they have merited, I find it ugly.

Its like paying for huge plasma screen in the shop with cash, and you have a way to get money out of the cashier, but the shop has no way to stop you...
Its actually Tishrei. Although Aseres Yemay Teshuva would be the same point.
You're not crazy but many people unfortunately don't care about stinking...

Offline eliteflyer

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2010, 08:57:33 PM »
I would love to bring this offer to Contracts class tomorrow and hash it out with our professor. This may not be all that binding.

Thanksgiving in Paris anyone?

Offline E

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2010, 10:05:05 PM »
I would love to bring this offer to Contracts class tomorrow and hash it out with our professor. This may not be all that binding.
that would be interesting although the last paragraph absolves any accountability, the whole thing is a little ambiguous