Author Topic: setting up a infoline/ hotline  (Read 1411 times)

Offline safsel

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
setting up a infoline/ hotline
« on: December 11, 2013, 03:54:15 PM »
i am in the process of setting up a hotline where people can call in to hear a 5 minute pre-recorded shiur. i am looking for a way to do this as economical as possible. i imagine it would be some sort of voip system or something similar. i need the ability to be able to easily change the recorded shiur. i am thinking that the shiur would be recorded on a mp3 or similar concept then be uploaded. is this possible? would anyone be able to direct me? i have no idea as to where to start, all i have is the concept.
thank you!
tizku limitzvos

Offline notanonymous

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Re: setting up a infoline/ hotline
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 04:58:06 PM »
i am in the process of setting up a hotline where people can call in to hear a 5 minute pre-recorded shiur. i am looking for a way to do this as economical as possible. i imagine it would be some sort of voip system or something similar. i need the ability to be able to easily change the recorded shiur. i am thinking that the shiur would be recorded on a mp3 or similar concept then be uploaded. is this possible? would anyone be able to direct me? i have no idea as to where to start, all i have is the concept.
thank you!
tizku limitzvos
GV?  But you cannot upload messages.  Can the person giving the shiur record directly on the phone?

Offline safsel

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2013, 05:27:37 PM »
google voice would allow me to play a 5 minute message? besides for playing the recording on speaker near the phone/ computer microphone i wont be able to have the orator recording onto google voice. would be too hard logistically.

Offline elisam98

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2013, 09:56:46 AM »
I would be able to help you connect the podcast to a phone number that would play the shiurim from the podcast feed. Would you be able to set up a podcast feed of the shiurim? If you're a little tech savvy, this website might point you in the right direction: http://podcastingtechcoach.com/ptc005-when-free-isnt-really-free-free-podcast-services/.

Offline safsel

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2013, 11:32:01 AM »
I would be able to help you connect the podcast to a phone number that would play the shiurim from the podcast feed. Would you be able to set up a podcast feed of the shiurim? If you're a little tech savvy, this website might point you in the right direction: http://podcastingtechcoach.com/ptc005-when-free-isnt-really-free-free-podcast-services/.

pm sent

Offline Eliyohu

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2017, 09:29:21 PM »
I'm looking to set up a hotline/infoline with options to hold a live conference as well as access previously held conferences. If it's simpler and more economical I can continue to use freeconferencecall.com for my conferences and use the podcast link linked to a phone number for playback, they have a playback number but it's not easily navigable and I'd like a phone tree to easily navigate multiple shiurim.