Author Topic: Educating CS Reps...1 Agent At A Time  (Read 2606 times)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Educating CS Reps...1 Agent At A Time
« on: September 16, 2010, 02:46:27 PM »
It never ceases to amaze me that I have to educate agents on their own policies.

I was just changing someone's return TLV-EWR Continental ticket from 10/03 easypass to a 10/13 saverpass.  They already took the EWR-TLV leg.

Do I really need to be the one to teach them that the passenger deserves the 32,500 mile refund? Or that the $75 change fee should be waived because the new travel date is 21+ days out?

Let's compile a list here of all the times we need to educate CS agents from any company.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline moe

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Educating CS Reps...1 Agent At A Time
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 02:56:12 PM »
I always need to enforce the fact that GP Diamond amenity should still be received even on stays posted to miles. They (usually) never believe me till they speak to a supervisor...

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 03:02:07 PM »
I always need to enforce the fact that GP Diamond amenity should still be received even on stays posted to miles. They (usually) never believe me till they speak to a supervisor...
They used to be much worse about that!
Recently they've been slightly more educated about that.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Avid Reader

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Five Star Gold, Marriott Silver, National Executive
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2010, 04:00:05 PM »
I had a problem with one of the 20% Amazon diaper codes, and had to educate the CS rep about the promo as he was clueless. He ended up giving me credit at a one time gesture. This must be from the smallest problems.

Offline E

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2010, 04:09:04 PM »
when getting "one time only" extra miles added to an AA account for an award make sure you speak to CS and not award ticketing, because according to award ticketing reps it cant be done. I recently got 3K added for a 20K award

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2010, 04:10:31 PM »
when getting "one time only" extra miles added to an AA account for an award make sure you speak to CS and not award ticketing, because according to award ticketing reps it cant be done. I recently got 3K added for a 20K award
They give you miles for free?

Offline E

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2010, 04:11:15 PM »
They give you miles for free?
yup I did it for another account although the second one was only 27 miles short

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2010, 04:18:23 PM »
yup I did it for another account although the second one was only 27 miles short
Cool!

I'm trying to book a one-way award on IslandAir from Maui to Kauai using 5,000 United miles.

1st rep didn't know how to find IslandAir flights or that they were partners.  2nd rep had no clue how to look up Maui or Kauai.  After feeding him OGG-LIH he finally finds it, of course with butchering the pronunciation...kiwi anyone?  Now he is saying I need to fly RT.
UA.bomb indicates it is available for one-way: http://www.united.com/page/article/0,6722,52288,00.html
They should pay me for educating their reps (And in UA's case teaching them English, although with a name like Tom you would think he should already ;))

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2010, 04:58:33 PM »
Cool!

I'm trying to book a one-way award on IslandAir from Maui to Kauai using 5,000 United miles.

1st rep didn't know how to find IslandAir flights or that they were partners.  2nd rep had no clue how to look up Maui or Kauai.  After feeding him OGG-LIH he finally finds it, of course with butchering the pronunciation...kiwi anyone?  Now he is saying I need to fly RT.
UA.bomb indicates it is available for one-way: http://www.united.com/page/article/0,6722,52288,00.html
They should pay me for educating their reps (And in UA's case teaching them English, although with a name like Tom you would think he should already ;))
Got it for 5K in the end...an hour later.

Offline moe

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2010, 05:30:55 PM »
that is great to know! anyone else had this done before?

Offline Eli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Platinum, Priority Club Platinum, Fairmont Premier, Avis First, Star Alliance Gold, bmi Gold and A"A Lifetime Gold
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2010, 03:47:36 PM »
I have people reporting that UA GA's can't add Aegean FF# to the itin at the gate. They say it doesn't exist. (I know you can do it online).

My father had an issue adding Aegean to a Lufthansa itin. They told him A9 wasn't part of the Star Alliance.
-Eli

Offline aussiebochur

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2010, 11:14:09 PM »
I have people reporting that UA GA's can't add Aegean FF# to the itin at the gate. They say it doesn't exist. (I know you can do it online).

My father had an issue adding Aegean to a Lufthansa itin. They told him A9 wasn't part of the Star Alliance.
A9 (Georgian Airways) isn't. A3 (Aegean) is...

Offline SuperFlyer

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2010, 05:38:42 AM »
I hate to educate them, ober az men muz, muz men.

I find that I get treated better when they think this innocent noob is on the phone.

If you are too experienced, doesn't that mean that you do it way too often, ie on a pro basis, which isn't exactly the impression I want to give.

Offline chuchem

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2010, 06:13:05 AM »
Yes, important to sound like a neb. But a neb, that knows what he is talking about since he called 10 mins ago and the connection went bad ;-)