Author Topic: Uber  (Read 281549 times)

Offline jose34

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: Uber
« Reply #1280 on: July 16, 2017, 04:21:16 PM »
I probably could, just i want to make sure they wont ban me again,
1.  since they see that I am using the same credit card ( since I already registered my american express card)
2.  Also I use my computer sometimes to call an uber and my browser does not always "remember me" so it might set off alarms bells and the same thing might happen.

I am trying to ask Uber but they just keep on sending me :

Hi ______,
Thanks for reaching out.
I've reviewed your account and saw activity that doesn’t comply with our Terms of Use.
As a result, we’ve determined that you’re no longer eligible to ride with Uber, and we’ve deactivated your account, effective immediately.

While we understand this news may be upsetting, our decision is final.

Offline Saulius

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: July 16, 2017, 05:13:17 PM »
I probably could, just i want to make sure they wont ban me again,
1.  since they see that I am using the same credit card ( since I already registered my american express card)
2.  Also I use my computer sometimes to call an uber and my browser does not always "remember me" so it might set off alarms bells and the same thing might happen.

I am trying to ask Uber but they just keep on sending me :

Hi ______,
Thanks for reaching out.
I've reviewed your account and saw activity that doesn’t comply with our Terms of Use.
As a result, we’ve determined that you’re no longer eligible to ride with Uber, and we’ve deactivated your account, effective immediately.

While we understand this news may be upsetting, our decision is final.

Note: Uber might have a digital fingerprint of your device. E.g. Cell phones contain several unique hardware identification numbers, or fingerprints, for the phone’s specific Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, SIM card, and signal band, as well as the phone hardware itself.

See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Device_fingerprint

Offline Saulius

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: July 16, 2017, 05:16:59 PM »
Hi
I was hoping someone has some advice.
I got banned from Uber since  I think I used a VOIP line to register, it was parked with numberbarn.com but I planned to activate it later, however they are banning me and when I try to email them I get a dead and the same message every time. Any way I can speak to someone or have this resolved?

With all respect, I would guess that you did something more than just use VOIP to register. Generally, you should be able to re-register with a real number, and they might request you to send them a copy of your ID, etc. but if that doesn't help, then probably there must be some other terms and conditions that you had violated?

Offline jose34

• View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: July 16, 2017, 06:43:26 PM »
That is what i'm trying to figure out. Besides for logging on from a few different countries and using my voip number I can't think of anything else and they wont give me any other information.

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: July 16, 2017, 06:49:19 PM »
Did you recently get a new number ?

Offline jose34

• View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: July 16, 2017, 06:59:13 PM »
Thanks for helping me out.
No but soon after I signed up a went to like two other countries and logged in from there.

Offline Ysturmwind

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: July 17, 2017, 04:10:20 PM »
I took an UberPool this morning where they quoted the fare as $8.63 including my Ride Pass, however the ride was very long and with a ton of traffic so in the end they charged me $30 ($46 total-$16 Ride Pass). I emailed them about it and they told me that if the ride takes a long time they can switch to regular billing. You can see below that at first they said the quoted fare is what I should have paid but because the actual fare was a lot higher they just switch systems without warning.

I pasted the email below and attached a screenshot of the receipt.

I responded asking for them to reduce the fare because I didnt agree to higher price, any ideas what other options I have? I am debating disputing the charge but I'm afraid that I'll get banned as a result. Anyone have experience with this?

MY RIDE PASS DIDN'T APPLY TO A TRIP
Monday, July 17, 2017 at 8:07:45 AM · uberPOOL

Happy to explain,

The price displayed in the app at the beginning of the trip is the fare you'll be charged for the ride. Please note that if demand is high and surge pricing is in effect, your upfront price will take this into account. It looks like this price wasn’t honored because estimated Pass trip fare is greatly different from the actual Pass trip fare.

When this happens, our system switches to charging based on the time and distance of the actual trip instead, using the rates that apply to the vehicle option you selected. Due to the increased demand, this trip was surging at a rate of 1.2 times the normal fare.

I can confirm that based on the pickup and drop off locations of the trip you took, this fare is correct.

Thank you.

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: July 17, 2017, 04:12:38 PM »
Just yesterday a driver told me that if it's long they charge more than quoted.

Offline mileagejunkie

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 607
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: July 17, 2017, 04:16:07 PM »
Just yesterday a driver told me that if it's long they charge more than quoted.
Shouldn't matter for UberPOOL, and you should be able to get your money back on X too.

Offline mileagejunkie

• View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: July 17, 2017, 04:17:19 PM »
I took an UberPool this morning where they quoted the fare as $8.63 including my Ride Pass, however the ride was very long and with a ton of traffic so in the end they charged me $30 ($46 total-$16 Ride Pass). I emailed them about it and they told me that if the ride takes a long time they can switch to regular billing. You can see below that at first they said the quoted fare is what I should have paid but because the actual fare was a lot higher they just switch systems without warning.

I pasted the email below and attached a screenshot of the receipt.

I responded asking for them to reduce the fare because I didnt agree to higher price, any ideas what other options I have? I am debating disputing the charge but I'm afraid that I'll get banned as a result. Anyone have experience with this?

MY RIDE PASS DIDN'T APPLY TO A TRIP
Monday, July 17, 2017 at 8:07:45 AM · uberPOOL

Happy to explain,

The price displayed in the app at the beginning of the trip is the fare you'll be charged for the ride. Please note that if demand is high and surge pricing is in effect, your upfront price will take this into account. It looks like this price wasn’t honored because estimated Pass trip fare is greatly different from the actual Pass trip fare.

When this happens, our system switches to charging based on the time and distance of the actual trip instead, using the rates that apply to the vehicle option you selected. Due to the increased demand, this trip was surging at a rate of 1.2 times the normal fare.

I can confirm that based on the pickup and drop off locations of the trip you took, this fare is correct.

Thank you.

Just reply that the pick up location and drop off were the same and insist until they refund. Might take a few back and forth. Happens to me every few days and I always end up getting a refund. It's really their problem, many times they end up charging more with upfront fare, it should cover their losses as well.

Offline Ysturmwind

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1290 on: July 17, 2017, 04:35:50 PM »
Just reply that the pick up location and drop off were the same and insist until they refund. Might take a few back and forth. Happens to me every few days and I always end up getting a refund. It's really their problem, many times they end up charging more with upfront fare, it should cover their losses as well.

Ya, I seem to have a similar issue where they charge me full instead of charging me the Ride Pass fare and they always refund that. This time they are saying that this is how they chose to calculate this fare. I'll keep messaging with them till I get somewhere.

Offline ben89

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 142
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: July 27, 2017, 11:33:15 AM »

Offline mileagejunkie

• View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: July 27, 2017, 11:35:30 AM »
Uber is now charging $15 to return lost items.
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/uber-will-now-charge-riders-15-delivery-lost-item/
That's actually a good thing, one time a friend forgot his phone and one time I did, and we tipped $20 each time :D

Offline ben89

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 142
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: July 27, 2017, 11:38:25 AM »
That's actually a good thing, one time a friend forgot his phone and one time I did, and we tipped $20 each time :D
well you might still tip him on top of that fee 😉

Offline mileagejunkie

• View Profile
Uber
« Reply #1294 on: July 27, 2017, 11:45:58 AM »
well you might still tip him on top of that fee
No, it's one of these things that make me give less, like "mandatory" 15% tipping at restaurant even on small parties (I'll still add on parties of 4+ since I feel too bad for the waiter).
My opinion is that I'm socially correct when it comes to that and I give (20%), so if you force me to give because of people who don't have manners then I'll stick to that minimum.
It's my way of saying that statistically there will be some people giving little or nothing and no matter how you decide to structure it I'll make sure you're not getting more because you should be aware that humans are humans when opening a business ;)

Offline mgarfin

• View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: August 02, 2017, 04:58:15 PM »
IN NYC

New this month: auto-renewing pass
Skip the monthly purchase rush and unlock low fares for up to twelve weeks. Your pass will auto-renew every 28 days. If you do not wish to renew, simply visit the Ride Pass section of the app and toggle auto-renewal off.

Ride easy with a pass
Enjoy guaranteed low fares in New York City when you purchase an auto-renewing pass. Every four weeks, your $15 activation fee will unlock unlimited $3.99 POOL and $9.99 uberX rides for the next 28 days.

Start riding
After your pass is activated, you'll see the pass fares in the app when you request a ride anywhere within the New York City Flat Fare zone.

Qualifying flat fare rides are non-transferable, and package terms and conditions vary by city. Flat fares are only eligible within the New York City Flat Fares zone. This zone excludes airports.

Flat fares apply to rides up to a $20 value on uberPOOL and a $25 value on uberX (based on time and distance). If your total ride cost exceeds the maximum value, you’ll be charged the flat fare, plus an overage for the dollar amount over the maximum ride value covered. And don’t worry, if the total ride cost is ever less than the flat fare, we’ll charge you the lesser amount.

Each trip may be subject to applicable New York sales tax and black car fund fee. The fare for uberPOOL and uberX trips plus any applicable overage charges may be subject to applicable New York sales tax and Black Car Fund fee.

The activation fee includes the sales price, 8.875% New York sales tax, and 2.5% New York Black Car Fund Fee. The sales price for the $15 pass is $13.47.

Offline AROCKS1

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: August 02, 2017, 05:10:58 PM »
IN NYC

New this month: auto-renewing pass
Skip the monthly purchase rush and unlock low fares for up to twelve weeks. Your pass will auto-renew every 28 days. If you do not wish to renew, simply visit the Ride Pass section of the app and toggle auto-renewal off.

Ride easy with a pass
Enjoy guaranteed low fares in New York City when you purchase an auto-renewing pass. Every four weeks, your $15 activation fee will unlock unlimited $3.99 POOL and $9.99 uberX rides for the next 28 days.

Start riding
After your pass is activated, you'll see the pass fares in the app when you request a ride anywhere within the New York City Flat Fare zone.

Qualifying flat fare rides are non-transferable, and package terms and conditions vary by city. Flat fares are only eligible within the New York City Flat Fares zone. This zone excludes airports.

Flat fares apply to rides up to a $20 value on uberPOOL and a $25 value on uberX (based on time and distance). If your total ride cost exceeds the maximum value, you’ll be charged the flat fare, plus an overage for the dollar amount over the maximum ride value covered. And don’t worry, if the total ride cost is ever less than the flat fare, we’ll charge you the lesser amount.

Each trip may be subject to applicable New York sales tax and black car fund fee. The fare for uberPOOL and uberX trips plus any applicable overage charges may be subject to applicable New York sales tax and Black Car Fund fee.

The activation fee includes the sales price, 8.875% New York sales tax, and 2.5% New York Black Car Fund Fee. The sales price for the $15 pass is $13.47.
I'm guessing this is also ymmv, and there is no way to activate it manually on my account

Offline Moshe123

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Lost
« Reply #1297 on: August 02, 2017, 05:22:16 PM »
I'm guessing this is also ymmv, and there is no way to activate it manually on my account

True. Also, the uberx flat fares keeps on creeping up.

Offline henche

• View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: August 10, 2017, 03:24:13 PM »
True. Also, the uberx flat fares keeps on creeping up.

My BOS one expired a few days ago, and I haven't been offered a re-up yet

Online farmbochur

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: August 10, 2017, 05:07:16 PM »
Is it a new thing that Lyft/Uber pickup at LGA terminal B is at an off-site area? Feel like I'd be better off public transiting it to midtown.
Risk is opportunity