Author Topic: AMEX business gold 20k points promo  (Read 1835 times)

Offline whYME

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
AMEX business gold 20k points promo
« on: July 18, 2008, 02:39:12 PM »
I signed up for the business gold card last week for the 2 Million hits promo.
signup bonus: 5k mr points +up to 25k more with threshold bonuses.

I just noticed today on americanexpress.com that they're offering a signup bonus of an additional 20k points (on top of the 5k) if you spend $1,000 by Oct. 31.

I called them up to find out if I can get this promotion. It only took 3 calls...

The first rep said it's impossible, there's no way I can get it with this card, I would need to apply for a new card.

The second rep said that this promo has been running since June and since I signed up while the promo has been running I should get it automatically -even though I didn't see anything about it when I signed up.

Finally on the 3rd call I got transferred to somebody from MR who told me he would open a case to verify that qualify for this promo (or something like that) and somebody will get back to me within 10 days. he also said that being that this is a currently active promo there's no reason I shouldn't be able to get it.

Offline E

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: AMEX business gold 20k points promo
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2008, 04:12:46 PM »
i had the same though, thought after only two calls they told me that i would receive the 20,000 points after spending $1000  ;D

Offline israeli

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: AMEX business gold 20k points promo
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2008, 01:05:45 AM »
I signed up for the business gold card last week for the 2 Million hits promo.
signup bonus: 5k mr points +up to 25k more with threshold bonuses.

I just noticed today on americanexpress.com that they're offering a signup bonus of an additional 20k points (on top of the 5k) if you spend $1,000 by Oct. 31.

I called them up to find out if I can get this promotion. It only took 3 calls...

The first rep said it's impossible, there's no way I can get it with this card, I would need to apply for a new card.

The second rep said that this promo has been running since June and since I signed up while the promo has been running I should get it automatically -even though I didn't see anything about it when I signed up.

Finally on the 3rd call I got transferred to somebody from MR who told me he would open a case to verify that qualify for this promo (or something like that) and somebody will get back to me within 10 days. he also said that being that this is a currently active promo there's no reason I shouldn't be able to get it.
What # did you call? I'm having alot of trouble with this. I must have been transfered to every department of AMEX and none of them knew anything about or how to do this.
Thanks