Author Topic: Anguilla  (Read 2697 times)

Offline whyzee13

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: National Executive Elite, Enterprise, Hertz, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum Elite, Marriott, Delta, United
Anguilla
« on: January 05, 2023, 07:56:26 AM »
Has anyone been to Anguilla? Wondering how to work out kosher food there

Offline ruru1000

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: Anguilla
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2023, 09:31:42 AM »
Has anyone been to Anguilla? Wondering how to work out kosher food there
Yes - I was there this past July at the four seasons. It was incredible!
As far as kosher food, you can bring frozen meals (they will store it for you and heat up for you), or they can bring you a microwave in your room and request a 2nd refrigerator. Alternatively, you can coordinate meals from Chabad of SXM (though, not so simple as you need to coordinate meeting the food at the ferry port).   Or, depending on your level/trust, the chef keeps a nice selection of kosher meat/chicken/steak and separate pots pans and was very knowledgeable and helpful. They will charge you the same price as non-kosher comparable food at the restaurant. I'd recommend booking with a TA that has perks at four seasons hotels (I'm happy to give you a recommendation). Was able to secure a very nice room upgrade in advance and free breakfast (saves about $150+/day for 2 people), F&B credit, and more. Moreover, I noticed the price went down a but on a 3rd party site, and she was able to get the hotel to price match well after booking and was still able to have all of the perks!

Definitely one of my favorite vacations and probably the nicest (if not one of the nicest) hotels I've stayed at. FYI - I'm definitely a hotel snob.

Happy to answer any additional questions.
Modify message

Offline whyzee13

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: National Executive Elite, Enterprise, Hertz, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum Elite, Marriott, Delta, United
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2023, 07:50:29 PM »
Yes - I was there this past July at the four seasons. It was incredible!
As far as kosher food, you can bring frozen meals (they will store it for you and heat up for you), or they can bring you a microwave in your room and request a 2nd refrigerator. Alternatively, you can coordinate meals from Chabad of SXM (though, not so simple as you need to coordinate meeting the food at the ferry port).   Or, depending on your level/trust, the chef keeps a nice selection of kosher meat/chicken/steak and separate pots pans and was very knowledgeable and helpful. They will charge you the same price as non-kosher comparable food at the restaurant. I'd recommend booking with a TA that has perks at four seasons hotels (I'm happy to give you a recommendation). Was able to secure a very nice room upgrade in advance and free breakfast (saves about $150+/day for 2 people), F&B credit, and more. Moreover, I noticed the price went down a but on a 3rd party site, and she was able to get the hotel to price match well after booking and was still able to have all of the perks!

Definitely one of my favorite vacations and probably the nicest (if not one of the nicest) hotels I've stayed at. FYI - I'm definitely a hotel snob.

Happy to answer any additional questions.
Modify message
I heard the FS was gorgeous, I am staying at the Zemi Beach House with Hilton points... the offered the same thing of a new grill and cookware etc., but not sure I am comfortable with that... wondering what people have done... I am definitley planning on bringing food with me and taking along the HotLogic warmers, but still not sure yet 100%

Were you there for shabbos?

Offline ruru1000

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2023, 10:11:18 PM »
I heard the FS was gorgeous, I am staying at the Zemi Beach House with Hilton points... the offered the same thing of a new grill and cookware etc., but not sure I am comfortable with that... wondering what people have done... I am definitley planning on bringing food with me and taking along the HotLogic warmers, but still not sure yet 100%

Were you there for shabbos?
Yeah, the FS was just incredible in every way. Yes - we were there for a week. I'm sure Zemi is nice, too. But, if you can splurge, the FS is worth every penny IMO (as long as you have an oceanview deluxe or better (plunge pool on balcony)).
As far as food - you can't really go by what other people do as everyone has their own standards.
Anguilla was by far my favorite vacation. Everyone, and I mean everyone, on the island was nice. I would 100% go back.
There aren't a ton of activities (as this type of vacation isn't about activities), but I would highly recommend the sunset sail on Traditions Sailing, the Arch (bring a drone for photos if you have one), and the Little Bay cliff jump (if you're adventurous).  I'd also recommend renting a car. Super easy and inexpensive. We used Bryan's Car Rental.

Offline whyzee13

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2023, 09:17:35 PM »
Yeah, the FS was just incredible in every way. Yes - we were there for a week. I'm sure Zemi is nice, too. But, if you can splurge, the FS is worth every penny IMO (as long as you have an oceanview deluxe or better (plunge pool on balcony)).
As far as food - you can't really go by what other people do as everyone has their own standards.
Anguilla was by far my favorite vacation. Everyone, and I mean everyone, on the island was nice. I would 100% go back.
There aren't a ton of activities (as this type of vacation isn't about activities), but I would highly recommend the sunset sail on Traditions Sailing, the Arch (bring a drone for photos if you have one), and the Little Bay cliff jump (if you're adventurous).  I'd also recommend renting a car. Super easy and inexpensive. We used Bryan's Car Rental.

Do you remember if there were any kosher foods available in local stores - snacks, breads, milk, etc?

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2023, 12:51:34 PM »
@whyzee13 Did you end up going to Zemi Beach House?

What did you end up doing for food?

Headed there next month, IYH.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline whyzee13

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2023, 10:37:15 PM »
@whyzee13 Did you end up going to Zemi Beach House?

What did you end up doing for food?

Headed there next month, IYH.

Yes

I stayed at Zemi, was wonderful.

St maarten/anguilla both dont have restrictions on what food can be brought in (altho anguilla officially will tax over a certain value amount coming in, but the customs officer there told me to skip the line)

Chabad of st maaten will ship ready made food in with the ferry and can work it out with the hotel (hotel will charge, but otherwise you need to go yourself)

Feel free to pm/post here any questions

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2023, 10:41:36 PM »
Yes

I stayed at Zemi, was wonderful.

St maarten/anguilla both dont have restrictions on what food can be brought in (altho anguilla officially will tax over a certain value amount coming in, but the customs officer there told me to skip the line)

Chabad of st maaten will ship ready made food in with the ferry and can work it out with the hotel (hotel will charge, but otherwise you need to go yourself)

Feel free to pm/post here any questions

Thanks. What did you personally do for food? Brought and use hot logics? Got from Chabad in SXM?

What did Zemi offer you exactly? New pans/grill, but what food to cook?

Did you take ferry or plane?
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2024, 01:31:14 PM »
Thanks. What did you personally do for food? Brought and use hot logics? Got from Chabad in SXM?

Bump @whyzee13

Offline whyzee13

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2024, 04:57:52 PM »

I brought and used hot logics, i ordered from chabad in SXM for shabbos

Zemi offered new dishes and bbq grill for them to cook on etc, but i didnt take them up on it as there is no mashgiach

I took ferry from sxm, i booked it thru the hotel as well as the taxi to and from the port